BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 13, 2013 8:08 am  #1821

Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

SherlockianDE wrote:

Whisky wrote:

I'm really excited about that bonfire thing now.

Me too! The whole episode's gonna be one hell of a rollercoaster ride for John...

And now everytime they play James Blunt's "Bonfire Heart" on the radio, my thoughts automatically go to that bonfire scene

Yeah, me too! Ever since I heard this song for the first time. Maybe that's why I like it so much  .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

October 13, 2013 1:59 pm  #1822

Whisky wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

the_dancing_woman wrote:

Well, no they won't come face to face at the Daffodil, I know. If John intends to propose to Mary, I don't think he will get this far in the restaurant, as they get kicked out there before they even eat. So maybe at the Kebab shop, we will see

As for the bonfire, there is a casting description out there on the internet where they were looking for a father (age 35 to 50), who isn't very patient with his daughter when she tries to tell him, that the effigy on the bonfire is alive and telling her that he wants to get off the fire and asks her to help him, and let's face it, this would be quite a perfectly dramatic moment. So, this sounds to me very much like he maybe is conscious (albeit still under the influence of the drugs he had been given when he was abducted) for a short while before the fire is actually lit. It also corresponds with the shocked and screaming girl we got to see in the last trailer the BBC released.

I've read the casting description, but the description from the people who were there at the bonfire (as well as pictures and video) clearly show Sherlock digging someout from underneath the fire, not on top.  People would have been able to tell the difference between an effigy and an unconscious man on top of the fire before they lit it- but if you bury him under the fire, no one knows.  The little probably tells her dad that she sees a man in the fire, but he makes the mistake of thinking she's talking about the effigy instead of John.  That's my guess as to the situation.

So the "I'll burn the heart out of you" was a series 3 hint? I just catched up on that bonfire thing and well if John is IN that fire... then maybe Moriarty meant it like... literally, not just metaphorically? The thought had occured, but without Moriarty in series 3, I thought it was impossible. But if he had ordered someone to do it... is there any context to the bonfire thing yet? (sry, as I said just now catching up, I haven't read the whole thread so far...)
I liked the metaphor, burning a heart out of somebody, and well, Sherlock always seemed to care not -only- about John, but... the cookie man, "burned to a crisp", felt not quite right to me... it seemed like a clear hint a person would burn, not a heart... it wasn't explained, like the girl's scream... like there was still context missing - is that it then? the bigger picture of that line?

And, really, I am so excited about the tube hints. That would be fascinating, Sherlock and the Tube, two things I'm obsessed with... ahhh. I. cannot. wait. any. longer. I would beg, if begging would help.   ;)

You too? I love the tube, and there are a few interesting books about it which detail its history. I'd love to go exploring in the sealed-off tunnels for a bit... with Sherlock, preferably, though I think it'd be rather reassuring if John came along. ;D

As for the bonfire: I was lucky enough to be there, and John (in this case, MF's stunt double) definitely was in the fire. The little girl screams her head off when Sherlock starts to tear the fire apart (you can see her in the BBC British Drama trailer). The effigy could not have been mistaken for an actual human body though, it was too crude for that. They did however play with us here (as usual), because its head looked like someone had wrapped white cloth around someone's head and had then put a black stetson on top of it. I do have a picture of it before the fire's lit, I just don't know how to post it here, I don't think that'd work. If you'd like me to email it to you, however, feel free to send me your email-adresses.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

October 16, 2013 8:10 pm  #1823

SherlockianDE wrote:

And now everytime they play James Blunt's "Bonfire Heart" on the radio, my thoughts automatically go to that bonfire scene

Was it coincidence that he played that song on the Graham Norton Show when Benedict was a guest?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The world is big enough for us, no ghosts need apply"

October 18, 2013 3:42 pm  #1824

There was an interesting dialogue on twitter today. 

DavidGArnold ‏@DavidGArnold  6h 
@CHIMPSINSOCKS Sherlock also now played  by bob geldof

@amanda abbington ‏@CHIMPSINSOCKS  6h 
@DavidGArnold that makes more sense...

Last edited by Mattlocked (October 18, 2013 3:50 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 18, 2013 10:29 pm  #1825

Well...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 19, 2013 3:58 am  #1826

Amanda is a fine match for Martin's sass.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 19, 2013 7:53 am  #1827

Kind of mentioned this to the boss yesterday...
Why are all these Sherlock people suddenly talking about the series?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 19, 2013 12:31 pm  #1828

tonnaree wrote:

Amanda is a fine match for Martin's sass.

Isn't she just? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

October 20, 2013 4:02 am  #1829

Mattlocked wrote:

DavidGArnold ‏@DavidGArnold 6h
@CHIMPSINSOCKS Sherlock also now played by bob geldof

@amanda abbington ‏@CHIMPSINSOCKS 6h

Haha!  I'm away for three days in another part of the country, and I come back to this! Awesome! 

-------------------------------------------------------

October 20, 2013 9:21 am  #1830

Mattlocked wrote:

DavidGArnold ‏@DavidGArnold 6h
@CHIMPSINSOCKS Sherlock also now played by bob geldof

@amanda abbington ‏@CHIMPSINSOCKS 6h

Brilliant! I absolutely love Amanda Abbington, can't wait to see her with Martin in S3.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

October 20, 2013 10:13 am  #1831

And speaking of which, "The Scotsman" just published a really nice interview with Amanda Abbington.

Link here:

http://www.scotsman.com/what-s-on/tv-radio/sherlock-star-amanda-abbington-on-the-new-series-1-3148861

And I would say this bit sounds pretty interesting as far as "Sherlock" is concerned:

"...but I hope that on the whole people really like her (speaking of Mary), because she’s a great character and she has some fantastic secrets.”

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

October 20, 2013 1:06 pm  #1832

Ooh!

October 20, 2013 2:22 pm  #1833

If she has secrets, maybe Magnussen will be trying to blackmail her? That would tie it all together...

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

October 20, 2013 2:49 pm  #1834

kittykat wrote:

If she has secrets, maybe Magnussen will be trying to blackmail her? That would tie it all together...

My words exactly.

Anyway, I've always said that I would like Mary to be more than meets the eye and it seems we might be getting just that!

October 20, 2013 3:37 pm  #1835

kittykat wrote:

That's what I've been thinking, to me that possibility seems highly likely. It will certainly be interesting to see 

-------------------------------------------------------

October 20, 2013 4:07 pm  #1836

If she can get John to talk to Sherlock, it would earn her points with the fans! 

I think we're going to like her, and I'm really looking forward to that wedding!

October 20, 2013 11:54 pm  #1837

I can't wait to see her and Martin play off each other.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 21, 2013 12:29 am  #1838

Yeah, that should be good 

October 22, 2013 6:01 am  #1839

I like that Gatiss and Moffat wrote the part specifically with her in mind.

October 22, 2013 6:15 am  #1840

And presumably Martin and her!

Board footera