BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 9, 2013 11:29 am  #1

Looking for plot-orientated beta readers

The fic is called "Crossing Bridges", inspired by the canon story "The Problem of Thor Bridge". It's a mixture of Johnlock love story (fluffy, but explicit) and case fic, currently 33,500 words long. It still needs an epilogue, the rest is written. Thanks to Susi and beasley, the language should be mostly mistake-free, but the plot is still bothering me.

What I need now is someone who would take a closer look at the story as a whole and comment on the plot developement, character developement and narration pace.

And to be honest, I need someone who is honest and constructive, but gentle. My writer's ego is much more fragile than it might appear to be.

You might refrain from it if depression is some kind of trigger for you.

I'd be more than happy if someone would volunteer!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 9, 2013 11:50 am  #2

Re: Looking for plot-orientated beta readers

I already volunteered via pm before but just to mention it, I'm still interested.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

June 9, 2013 1:11 pm  #3

I was hoping you would say so! I just didn't want to bother you, knowing you are working hard on your own fanfic right now. I'll send you "Bridges" via email.

Someone else also interested?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 13, 2013 5:05 am  #4

Yeah, I am - I tend not to read stories under <30,000 words as I enjoy reading so very mcuh.

Sounds like you fit in well! Anyway, I PM you my credentials

June 13, 2013 1:04 pm  #5

PM-ed back gladly!

August 14, 2013 4:34 pm  #6

If you still are interested, I'd love to take a look.

I beta for my daughter and she's happy with what I do if that's any help.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beware of dragons for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup

Dr. Horribles sing along blog
You people all have to learn
This world is going to burn
Burn
(yeah, it’s two r’s. H, O, R, R, yeah right.)
Burn

August 14, 2013 4:42 pm  #7

Schmiezi is on vacation, just to let you know 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

August 26, 2013 10:43 am  #8

Thank you, Harriet!

butterfly, I'll PM you right away!

August 28, 2013 8:32 am  #9

How would you describe me, Schmiezi? Resourceful, dynamic, enigmatic?

August 28, 2013 8:45 am  #10

...late.

But extremely helpful. As you can see on AO3 or ff (or will be able to see, as soon as it is uploaded completely), many of the ideas you had made it into the final version. And even the things I dismissed gave me reason to think it all through again. I'm very grateful. Hence the mentioning of you in the "Thank you" notes.

Board footera