BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 29, 2013 6:28 pm  #1

Who wants to proofread my translated fanfic?

I translated my fanfic "Flatmates" (written in English) into German. Anyone who wants to read it and tell me if it works in German as well would be welcome. 

Last edited by SusiGo (April 29, 2013 6:29 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 29, 2013 6:31 pm  #2

Re: Who wants to proofread my translated fanfic?

Oh, I would love to read it in german. I can give you a feedback aswell. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

April 29, 2013 6:33 pm  #3

Fine, I'll mail it to you. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 29, 2013 6:34 pm  #4

I would also like to do it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

April 29, 2013 6:35 pm  #5

Fine. 

April 29, 2013 6:37 pm  #6

If you needed another one - here I am!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

April 30, 2013 3:16 pm  #7

Sorry for bothering you but... when do you plan to mail us / me the story? 

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

April 30, 2013 3:22 pm  #8

Count me in, I'd so like to return the myrads of smileys you're always giving me!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

April 30, 2013 3:33 pm  #9

Mary Me wrote:

I did yesterday evening. Could it be that the mail address is wrong? I didn't get any notice that you didn't receive it. Just PM me your e-mail. 

April 30, 2013 3:34 pm  #10

Schmiezi wrote:

Count me in, I'd so like to return the myrads of smileys you're always giving me!

Sure I'll do. I hope for smileys but please be honest. It's weird to translate something you've written in a foreign language. 

April 30, 2013 3:50 pm  #11

SusiGo wrote:

Mary Me wrote:

I did yesterday evening. Could it be that the mail address is wrong? I didn't get any notice that you didn't receive it. Just PM me your e-mail. 

Ah, it's there. I looked at the wrong e-mail adress first. Thanks!

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

April 30, 2013 4:29 pm  #12

SusiGo wrote:

Schmiezi wrote:

Sure I'll do. I hope for smileys but please be honest. It's weird to translate something you've written in a foreign language. 

Oh yes, isn't it? I'm doing it with Soldiering on at the moment, and I must say that I like it better in English than in German. Feels weird, but the sentences are more elegant. In German I always have to make subclauses or new main clauses instead of using gerunds.

Last edited by Schmiezi (April 30, 2013 4:30 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

April 30, 2013 5:29 pm  #13

Try to translate English songs (e.g. lovesongs) you like into German. I wonder why, but a lot are not bearable!

Last edited by Mattlocked (April 30, 2013 5:29 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

April 30, 2013 5:36 pm  #14

That's true. The English syntax is quite elegant.
And I've made the experience that translating my own text feels totally different from translating other people's novels. 

Board footera