BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 25, 2013 5:18 pm  #1

Murdoch Mysteries

Does anyone watch it? It's on CBC. I've not seen any episodes yet but I might try downloading some. There's actually a Sherlock one too -

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 25, 2013 5:23 pm  #2

Re: Murdoch Mysteries

I've watched quite a few. I first started watching when we were in Canada. Yannick Bisson is really rather gorgeous. I find the recreated model street scenes a bit poor to be honest but I've enjoyed some of the mysteries and his use of 'new' methods and equipment in his investigations.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 26, 2013 9:14 am  #3

Hi - just to let you know, there is a lot of information about Andrew Gower (who played Sherlock in the Murdoch Mysteries episode) on my website, see the link in my signature - hope you enjoyed the episode if you managed to watch it

Last edited by andrewgowernews (February 26, 2013 9:14 am)

March 6, 2013 4:47 pm  #4

I watched the one based around a nudist colony this week. The historical accuracy and information was really interesting. The 'nudist' scenes really made me laugh thou. I have never seen so many tactically placed items in my life! 

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 16, 2015 2:30 pm  #5

Is it OK if I try to revive this thread? I absolutely love this show.  Murdoch and Sherlock are my favourite detective shows.  
Don't know whether you'll see this, Davina, but other than the CG aerial shots they need to have (Toronto doesn't look like that anymore), they film a lot in an area of Toronto called the Distillery District which still has buildings of that vintage, so if that looks cheap or unconvincing to you I don't really know what to say because it's real.

So, is anybody on this forum still watching, or am I alone? I still love it, and they left us on a cliffhanger at the end of this season (AGAIN!), so of course even though I don't need it to be the fall anytime soon, I very much want to know what is going to happen to George.

Clueing for looks.

May 21, 2015 9:38 am  #6

I am catching up with it. I love it so much as it is just so different.

May 21, 2015 9:15 pm  #7

Yeah, that's why I like it, too.  I like all the references to the present day, which are always clever, as well as the inventions (Murdoch and Crabtree have invented a turn of the century version of practically everything)  and the appearances of famous historical events and people.

Clueing for looks.

Board footera