BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 20, 2013 9:23 am  #581

Re: The game is on again (OFFICIAL NEWS ONLY PLEASE)

Stop this. I'm trying to work, Mary. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 20, 2013 9:25 am  #582

The nicotine patches wouldn't stick very well on wet skin.....

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

March 20, 2013 9:28 am  #583

SusiGo wrote:

Stop this. I'm trying to work, Mary. 

Oh apologies 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 20, 2013 9:49 am  #584

would he ask John to pass him a towel...?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

March 20, 2013 10:05 am  #585

The bathtub could as well stand for another type of "pool".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 20, 2013 10:16 am  #586

The hand wash basin is really small. I wonder how Sherlock and John manage to use it. Where can all the stuff be stored; like soap, thoothbrush for two real human beings.
It looks really old fashioned. Arwel Why Jones must have searched a long time to find something like that.

March 20, 2013 10:17 am  #587

Oh good God guys...you're getting me all hot under the collar here!! Damn you!

John passes Sherlock a towel! *gasp* It'd be like the Irene scene where he hands her a napkin to cover her nakedness, he could hand Sherlock a really tiny towel or a flannel.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 20, 2013 10:30 am  #588

John meets Sherlock in the bathroom after his "death": /opens and closes doors as in Mary´s fiction/: can you put something on, please? Er, anything at all...a towel?
Sherlock: Why? Are you feeling exposed?
John: No I just thought you were dead.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

March 20, 2013 10:43 am  #589

SusiGo wrote:

A little bathtub appreciation … 

Baby!Batch in a bathtub.  Yayy!

March 20, 2013 10:44 am  #590

SusiGo wrote:

Sorry. 

You are not, so stop saying that. *grin*

March 20, 2013 10:52 am  #591

You're absolutely right, AG. I love making people thud. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 20, 2013 11:00 am  #592

I think this gif will be my favourite one! 

March 20, 2013 11:19 am  #593

And it's from such a wonderful film, too. 

March 20, 2013 1:38 pm  #594

besleybean wrote:

Mark's a darling, so wouldn't mind...but I really think we ought to leave the series writing to them! If this is what you were saying, sorry I missed your suggestion!

Oh lord Oo'... I wasn't being serious

I cannot hope to surpass the master...

Sorry, I'll have to come back in 5 mins, can't breathe, laughing too hard. This is surely not good for me.

Original is about third of the way down the page here (look for the bathtub photo and my skull): http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=61803#p61803

I am so tempted to draw this up as a little comic though...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

March 20, 2013 6:16 pm  #595

Ooo The Master! That's good! So Doctor Who again soon!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 20, 2013 7:28 pm  #596

Tee Hee!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 22, 2013 9:00 am  #597

SusiGo wrote:

A little bathtub appreciation … 

Hawking. Great movie. I never really understood the bathtub scenes though. I think they put them in just for the sake of fangirls eager to see Ben naked. o_O I mean, great mind like Stephen Hawking, surely he didn't think he could survive without breathing if he practiced.

"I demand to be incarcerated in the Tower immediately! With my co-conspirators, Sandshoes and Grandad"
"If you really are me, with your Sandshoes and your Dicky bow, then that calculation is still going on."
"Well, me and Chinny, we were surprised, but you came looking for us."

March 22, 2013 9:18 am  #598

I think he wanted to test his strength in a way. To prove something to himself. And he was very young when he got this shocking diagnosis, so it might have been an emotional thing to do. It might have been autobiographic, too. Benedict met Stephen Hawking and they became friends so maybe he told him about doing this. 
But I think in 2004 no one was thinking of Cumberbitches or anything like that. 

March 22, 2013 9:36 am  #599

To prove what to himself? I know it must have been terrible to be so young and brilliant and find out you're going to die horribly in a couple of years. There is one thing that just occurred to me though. I think he was testing the progression of the illness as well as training his respiratory muscles. He wanted to see how quickly it got harder for him to contract them as well as train them so they'd atrophy as slowly as possible. It worked. 50 years on and he's still breathing. 

Who knows, perhaps someone saw the potential.

"I demand to be incarcerated in the Tower immediately! With my co-conspirators, Sandshoes and Grandad"
"If you really are me, with your Sandshoes and your Dicky bow, then that calculation is still going on."
"Well, me and Chinny, we were surprised, but you came looking for us."

March 22, 2013 9:54 am  #600

That's a very good idea. And it would be quite rational to do so. So maybe Hawking really trained himself like this. As for the progression - there are several types of ALS. Nevertheless I think it's very rare for someone so live with it for so long. 

Board footera