BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 25, 2013 7:39 pm  #1

The game is on again (OFFICIAL NEWS ONLY PLEASE)

While Arwel Wyn Jones seems to post an "every day picture" of the preparations for S.3 on Twitter now, I think we need a new thread to post the tweets - and all the future ones - in here.
To be honest, those pics to me are like opening a door of an Advent calendar every day. Exiting!
https://twitter.com/arwelwjones

Where do I have to start?

I think this was the first:

S3 - And so it begins again!? 21.Jan.

followed by:
A hard working art director 22.Jan.

Now this reminds me of something! If only I could remember what? 23.Jan.

Who lives in a house like this? 24.Jan.

Arwel Wyn Jones‏@arwelwjones today
Friday Feature ! What's in the Box? *squeeeee!!!* <- comm. from me ;-) 25.Jan.

A not so empty studio! Been a busy week already. today

So, let's collect! ;-))

Last edited by Sherlock Holmes (March 28, 2013 12:13 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 25, 2013 8:36 pm  #2

Re: The game is on again (OFFICIAL NEWS ONLY PLEASE)

It's exciting - can hardly believe it 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 25, 2013 9:38 pm  #3

This. Is. Amazing. Hope he keeps posting those pics. Something to look forward to every day. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 28, 2013 1:42 am  #4

^ Ditto Loving the photos - I'm glad we're getting them!

----------------------------------------------------------------
SH: "Brilliant, Anderson."
Anderson: "Really?"
SH: "Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot."

January 29, 2013 8:53 am  #5

Some new pics

A very Big jigsaw! [url]pic.twitter.com/4joLVVQh[/url]

Accidentally screencapped this tweet by Arwel Jones. And after several minutes he deleted it. I don’t know is he trolling or not, but maybe here are some clues. http://lovelyintrovert.tumblr.com/

January 29, 2013 9:23 am  #6

Thanks for posting!
He took a ladder to get down the roof?? O.O  ;-P

January 29, 2013 11:34 am  #7

No -  I think it's the mirror in the background.  Magic tricks use mirrors a lot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

January 29, 2013 11:53 am  #8

I thought about this as well because of Sherlock mentioning the magic trick. But I haven't come up with any clever ideas so far.  

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 30, 2013 7:51 am  #9

Sorry to tease! Just been to London for a couple of meetings. Back in Wales & look how well the jigsaw has come along!
https://twitter.com/arwelwjones/status/296340299800793088/photo/1

January 30, 2013 8:11 am  #10

Couple of meetings? Wonder with whom. 

January 31, 2013 9:04 am  #11

January 31, 2013 9:05 am  #12

Wow, this is great. I never realised how much building work this is. 

January 31, 2013 9:06 am  #13

Martin Freeman on Sherlock series 3: “I’m as in the dark as you lot are”
Dr Watson says he genuinely doesn’t know how Sherlock survived… and he hasn’t even seen a script yet

How did Sherlock survive the Reichenbach fall?  It’s been the question on every fan’s lips for the last year.  But if anyone knows what happened, surely Dr John Watson does, right?

“Mark and Steven play their cards very close to their chests… I’ve not even seen a script,” Martin Freeman told RadioTimes.com at the annual Radio Times Covers Party.

“I texted Mark the other day saying can I see one and he said not yet – I’m as in the dark as you lot are really…”

But apparently, those who’ve been guessing haven’t been too far off the mark.

“From what Steven and Mark have intimated to me... the people writing in to Radio Times and other places have got quite close I think… but honest to God, I don’t know how it happened either. 

“I genuinely don’t know – they probably don’t tell us because they don’t trust we won’t blab it!”

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-01-30/martin-freeman-on-sherlock-series-3-im-as-in-the-dark-as-you-lot-are

Last edited by Sherly (January 31, 2013 9:07 am)

January 31, 2013 9:09 am  #14

Mark Gatiss on new villains and Sherlock's series 3 return

Gatiss and co-creator Steven Moffat are likely to create their own adversaries for the detective, who may make himself "invisible" when he comes back from the dead

Following the death of Moriarty, Sherlock fans hoping for appearances from more classic Holmes villains, such as Colonel Sebastian Moran or Charles Augustus Milverton, may be disappointed, according to co-creator Mark Gatiss.

After putting Sherlock Holmes’s biggest adversary at the centre of series two, Gatiss is now keen to create new villains rather than pit the detective against more of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s creations.

“Doyle got it right first time, he invented the supervillain,” said Gatiss, speaking to Radio Times at our annual Covers Party in London last night. “All great heroes have their Moriarty and after that you have to be very clever about trying to come up with someone who’s the equivalent otherwise they just look like a watered down version, so it’s about telling different kinds of stories.”

The Sherlock co-creator also talked about the detective’s series three return following his death-defying plunge at the end of the last season of the BBC drama. In The Empty House – the original story in which the detective comes back from the dead – he reveals himself to his friend Dr Watson after being disguised as a stooped, elderly book seller, but Gatiss suggested Sherlock’s disguise might be somewhat more subtle.

"We made a decision right from the get-go that he would not do disguise in the traditional sense," said Gatiss. "He actually has a line in [series one finale] the Great Game which is ‘The art of disguise is knowing how to hide in plain sight’ and that was because, right from the start, I thought modern day Sherlock Holmes would not put putty noses on, he would basically be standing behind you now and you wouldn’t know he was there. Ben [Cumberbatch] has put on various costumes but it’s more about being invisible."

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-01-30/mark-gatiss-on-new-villains-and-sherlocks-series-3-return

January 31, 2013 9:13 am  #15

I never thought I could get so excited just from a wall with wallpaper.... ;-)

January 31, 2013 9:33 am  #16

I also like the heads sticking out from the floor. 

January 31, 2013 9:42 am  #17

Hiding in plain sight? Being invisible? No disguise? I have racked my brains but I can't figure it out...how can Watson fail to recognize him if he's not disguised? Can they mean he will be one of those people who can be so overlooked they are almost invisible, like a homeless person or a servant? Will Sherlock be working the counter at the local fast food joint?

January 31, 2013 9:58 am  #18

Sherly wrote:

Mark Gatiss on new villains and Sherlock's series 3 return

Gatiss and co-creator Steven Moffat are likely to create their own adversaries for the detective, who may make himself "invisible" when he comes back from the dead

etc....

There's already a own thread

EDIT: There's actually two threads on the new Gatiss article, which have now been merged and can be found at the following link:
http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=2644
Thanks. -SH

Mattlocked wrote:

It's really an "Empty House" right now.

Last edited by Sherlock Holmes (January 31, 2013 8:31 pm)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

January 31, 2013 11:32 am  #19

Ivy wrote:

Mattlocked wrote:

It's really an "Empty House" right now.

Yeah.... but still full of memories......... *sigh*

January 31, 2013 11:44 am  #20

I always get excited when I see these kind of wallpaper.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

Board footera