BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 21, 2012 1:21 pm  #21

Re: The Creative Arts Emmy Awards

I wonder why all the Sherlock nominations are from the same episode, Belgravia. A matter of timing, of when the nominations were made? No idea.  Maybe it's the one episode the showrunners submitted for consideration to the Academy.

September 21, 2012 1:23 pm  #22

Sherli Bakerst wrote:

....at least this year, it won't be dull and boring.   

Sure it will. Absolutely deadly boring. What, four hours of droning on and on??  But I will be on the lookout for our two handsome men, sitting right on the aisle up near the front there. Mmmmm.  I wonder if they'll be shown on that one hour pre-show red carpet thing. Mmmmm.

September 21, 2012 11:38 pm  #23

ancientsgate wrote:

I wonder why all the Sherlock nominations are from the same episode, Belgravia. A matter of timing, of when the nominations were made? No idea.  Maybe it's the one episode the showrunners submitted for consideration to the Academy.

It is the most technically sound episode in their opinion, something I tend to agree with. They had a choice of any of the three.
Awards aren't won on cliffhangers, tears & emotions. Those things are great for the fans but bore the techs silly after seeing a few thousand a year I would guess.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

Board footera