BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 9, 2012 8:37 pm  #1

Hello from France

Hello ! Like many persons here i'm a Sherlock fan.

I'm French and so i'm not very in good in English but i will try to do my best in this forum.   

August 9, 2012 8:41 pm  #2

Re: Hello from France

Hi, TTT, Your English is fine! Welcome to the forum!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

August 9, 2012 8:41 pm  #3

Hello to France and welcome on board!
I'm German and totally failed when I tried learning French years ago. 
So just go on, we all are very nice people here. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 9, 2012 8:56 pm  #4

Bienvenu(e), TTT. I love your language, but I'm pretty sure your English is better than my French. You're doing fine.

August 9, 2012 9:20 pm  #5

Hello everyone and thank you for my English but wait to see when i will try to explains theory or whatever... 

Last edited by TicTacToe (August 9, 2012 9:21 pm)

August 9, 2012 10:06 pm  #6

Bienvenue! Welcome to the forum. I hope you have great fun here on the forum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 9, 2012 11:44 pm  #7

hi tictactoe!!  clever user name.  you are doing brilliantly in speaking our language here, I am glad that you found our forum. It's nice to know that Serbians can enjoy our favorite show, too.   Is it dubbed in your language, over there?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 9, 2012 11:50 pm  #8

Hi TTT, Welcome to the fun! Look forward to hearing some of your theories too

Don't stress about your English. We have people from all over here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

August 10, 2012 8:09 am  #9

Bienvenue, TTT, nice to have you here. I'm another crazy Sherlockian from across the Rhine. 

Last edited by SusiGo (August 10, 2012 8:10 am)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 10, 2012 8:44 am  #10

Welcome TicTacToe, enjoy your time here!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no such word as 'impossible' in my dictionary. In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade' seems to be missing." Dirk Gently

Finally, I have made it to Cipher Expert :-))))) (8.8.2012)

August 10, 2012 10:43 am  #11

sherlockskitty wrote:

hi tictactoe!!  clever user name.  you are doing brilliantly in speaking our language here, I am glad that you found our forum. It's nice to know that Serbians can enjoy our favorite show, too.   Is it dubbed in your language, over there?

Thanks !

I'm from France not from Serbia lol

And the show was broadcast in french on TV but i prefer watch it in English with subtitles.

August 10, 2012 10:56 am  #12

Skitty's getting confused. We in the UK shall call you Noughts and Crosses (that's what Tic-Tack-Toe is called here).

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 10, 2012 6:48 pm  #13

I think Skitty replied to the wrong intro thread. I believe Tasha's from Serbia.

Hello to you, Tic-Tack-Toe! How are things in France? What part are you from?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is the foil of a detective a thief or a magician?

My Theory on the Fall: http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=21539#p21539

August 10, 2012 10:56 pm  #14

Lupin wrote:

I think Skitty replied to the wrong intro thread. I believe Tasha's from Serbia.

Hello to you, Tic-Tack-Toe! How are things in France? What part are you from?

Hello Lupin well i'm live near Bordeaux.

Last edited by TicTacToe (August 12, 2012 3:27 pm)

August 11, 2012 3:35 am  #15

Bonjour et bienvenue, TTT! My French is a bit rusty these days but your English is just fine! Lots of great stuff here, so explore and enjoy! 

********************************************************************************************************

"That's how you get your kicks, isn't it? You risk your life to prove you're clever.
Why would I do that?
Because you're an idiot."

"We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants."

Gwyn eich byd a dymanuf i chwi lawenydd bob amser.

August 15, 2012 12:39 pm  #16

Hey there TTT (see you've already got a nickname)...and welcome to the forum!

Don't worry about your English as we have people from all over the world here with varying degrees of English speaking/writing abilities and it's all fine. 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

August 17, 2012 5:10 pm  #17

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Hey there TTT (see you've already got a nickname)

Yeah i saw that on others topics lol

August 17, 2012 5:14 pm  #18

Mattlocked wrote:

I'm German and totally failed when I tried learning French years ago. 

You know someone try to make me speak in German long time ago and i was... very bad  lol

August 18, 2012 8:47 pm  #19

Welcome TicTacToe - as you may or may not know, there are quite a few points of crossover between Sherlock Holmes and France within the canon. Off the top of my head, here's a few interesting points:
- During the Great Hiatus, Holmes spent his last few months in chemical research on coal tar derivatives in Montpellier, France.
- Holmes caught Huret, the Boulevard assassin which gained him an autograph letter of thanks from the French President and the Order of the Legion of Honour.
- Holmes Grandmother is French and she is the sister of the French artist Vernet (maybe Horace Vernet?). This is where the quote "Art in the blood is liable to take the strangest form."
- Holmes praises the French police force for their advanced detective techniques (eg. finger prints).

There's more but these are the highlights. Again, welcome!

---------------------
matt laffey
@always1895 on Twitter
Always1895.net
Priory Scholars of NYC
Always1895 on Twitpic

August 18, 2012 10:11 pm  #20

always1895 wrote:

Welcome TicTacToe - as you may or may not know, there are quite a few points of crossover between Sherlock Holmes and France within the canon. Off the top of my head, here's a few interesting points:
- During the Great Hiatus, Holmes spent his last few months in chemical research on coal tar derivatives in Montpellier, France.
- Holmes caught Huret, the Boulevard assassin which gained him an autograph letter of thanks from the French President and the Order of the Legion of Honour.
- Holmes Grandmother is French and she is the sister of the French artist Vernet (maybe Horace Vernet?). This is where the quote "Art in the blood is liable to take the strangest form."
- Holmes praises the French police force for their advanced detective techniques (eg. finger prints).

There's more but these are the highlights. Again, welcome!

Well i didn't know that, you're seems to be an Sherlock Holmes expert !

Board footera