BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 24, 2012 4:20 am  #21

Re: Mark Gatiss & Steven Moffat Tweets

BrightBlueEyes wrote:

Tumblr tends to explode when anyone remotely related to the show BREATHES.

HAHA Yes that's true

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

August 24, 2012 9:50 am  #22

Mark Gatiss
Off to Edinburgh for #Sherlock event at the TV festival. I'm revealing the 'three words' for S3 early. Pipe. Slippers. Bed. There you go.

PIPE

SLIPPERS

BED

Hmmm.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

August 24, 2012 10:16 am  #23

God, I just can't hate him!

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

August 24, 2012 12:12 pm  #24

Why would anyone want to hate St Mark of Gatiss?

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

August 24, 2012 12:31 pm  #25

I am dubious. Woman, Hound and Fall all made sense. Does Pipe, Slippers and Bed make sense to anyone?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Fantastic."
Sherlock: "Meretricious."
Lestrade: "And happy new year."

"Oh, but we both know that's not quite true"

August 24, 2012 12:36 pm  #26

BED at once made me think of ACD's "Dying Detective".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 24, 2012 12:36 pm  #27

Not yet; but it will come.

Adapt those words from the original stories to the modern day.
THAT I believe us the key.

I'm working on that.
Helps to know your canon in these times.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

August 24, 2012 12:37 pm  #28

kazza474 wrote:

Why would anyone want to hate St Mark of Gatiss?

For trolling, just for trolling! Like I said in the other thread, it's meant playfully...

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

August 24, 2012 12:37 pm  #29

tobeornot221b wrote:

BED at once made me think of ACD's "Dying Detective".

Agreed.
There's a first.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

August 24, 2012 3:36 pm  #30

Rat, wedding. bow

Speculate at will.

can't upload the tweet for some reason, argh....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

August 24, 2012 8:51 pm  #31

Rat, wedding, bow.

So... let the speculations begin!

Rat. I haven't read Empty House yet, but in abandoned houses there are often rats. Rat could also be used to refer to a... snitcher.
Wedding. Maybe John will marry? Maybe we will see him together with Mary Morstan at last? Or another story of the canon where a wedding takes place? (again, don't know the canon well enough)
Bow. There is a Sherlock Holmes story called His Last Bow. Maybe the last episode will be about this one. Although - His Last Bow is Sherlock Holmes' last case. (And we wouldn't want that, would we?)

August 26, 2012 1:39 am  #32

Rat--

Moriarty is a Rat.   
The great Rat Of Sumatra

Wedding---

The adventure of the Noble Bachelor
John's wedding to whoever

Bow--

His Last Bow,  of course.  That's the one  where Sherlock goes  somewhere   to find something,  only  he's in disquise as someone else. 

PIPE--

three pipe problem?    Red Headed League,  which was done before with Jeremy Brett--So I doubt it.
Can't think of anything else.  OR  it's  the same thing  to  Three patch problem  which  was in Study In Pink. 

Slippers--Sherlock looks for Tobacco in a slipper--  wasn't that done in HOUNDS? 

Bed--Scandal In Belgravia--A bed popped up out of Nowhere....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 26, 2012 6:38 am  #33

OK, can we put all discussions in THIS thread now please?

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

August 27, 2012 4:07 pm  #34

yeah--  too confusing to have two threads on the SAME  subject.   And look what I did for my signature.  THAT  just proves  we need to combine the topics. Please?

Last edited by sherlockskitty (August 27, 2012 4:08 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 28, 2012 4:20 am  #35

sherlockskitty wrote:

yeah--  too confusing to have two threads on the SAME  subject.   And look what I did for my signature.  THAT  just proves  we need to combine the topics. Please?

No, no need to combine them; keep this one for Twitter activity.

But if you want to discuss the rat wedding bow thing go to the other one. Simple.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

September 9, 2012 11:47 am  #36

Alas we sadly mark the 'passing' of Moff's Twitter account.

Can't say I blame him really.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

September 9, 2012 12:04 pm  #37

kazza474 wrote:

Alas we sadly mark the 'passing' of Moff's Twitter account.

Can't say I blame him really.

Oh, no! What happened? Idiot 'fans'?

September 9, 2012 12:10 pm  #38

Yep.
Amanda just tweeted this:

amanda abbington
I notice Steven Moffat has left twitter. To all you twats who cussed him. How can you dislike him and love Sherlock. You are idiots.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

September 9, 2012 12:12 pm  #39

That's such a shame. There are some very stooopid people about sadly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 9, 2012 12:44 pm  #40

sue vertue
For all asking @stevenmoffat is well and currently having a family lunch but he's got a huge amount on and twitter was proving a distraction

At least he knows he is going to be missed.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

Board footera