BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 27, 2012 6:19 pm  #1

BC on BBC Olympic programme

Benedict provided a 'filmed narration' on BBC1 in a run in to the Olympic programme at 7.00pm. I nearly choked when he was filmed getting into a black cab, although I noticed that he checked on the identity of the driver beforehand  .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 27, 2012 6:38 pm  #2

Re: BC on BBC Olympic programme

*edit due to link becoming dead; alternative one added.

Last edited by kazza474 (August 9, 2012 7:27 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 27, 2012 6:48 pm  #3

Thank you for posting the link, Tobe. "So take a deep breath." I always have to when hearing this voice  .

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 27, 2012 7:37 pm  #4

That's brilliant that they chose Benedict to do that very important job. Woohoo

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 27, 2012 8:06 pm  #5

Loved seeing all the fan girl comments under the video on YouTube. I was laughing my head off.  Someone wished he had said "The Games, Mrs. Hudson, are on!" That would have been so cool - but it wouldn't do to type cast him I guess. 

Wasn't that wild at the end when he was up on that high building and raised his arms up!!!  I was screaming.  .  So glad he got to have his part in this event!

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

July 27, 2012 8:30 pm  #6

Couldn't believe it when our satellite link went wron just at the start! Still working now. Managed to  catch Ben's bit on YouTube.

'Let the games commence!' wow!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 27, 2012 9:41 pm  #7

Apparently there were people on Tumblr saying 'step back from the edge Benedict' 

July 27, 2012 9:49 pm  #8

The flag bearer of Belarus looks like Christopher Ecclestone. DOPPLEGAENGER.?

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 28, 2012 12:42 am  #9

I am still excited about discovering this on Youtube a few minutes ago, because I had watched the ceremony with the rather stiff and boring German commentary and just out of sheer intuition said to my mother, as we're both great Sherlock and Benedict Cumberbatch-fans: "Well, maybe, he will be there too. Enjoying all this live. I'm convinced he had some part in that ceremony, some part, maybe he's just somewhere in the audience..."

And now I just went online to find that I was accidently even slightly right...huge grin plastered on my face now.

It really is a beautiful way to start the ceremony and he's the perfect person for it.

And yes, the Youtube comments were also quite fascinating...
I cringed when they actually played "Staying Alive" during the ceremony though.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: If I wasn't everything that you think I am, everything that I think I am, would you still want to help me?
Molly: What do you need?
Sherlock: You.

July 28, 2012 4:42 am  #10

Thanks for posting the video clip here--it was great to see Benedict's participation.  Loved the Let the Games commence line.

Re hearing Stayin' Alive: I was like, OMG, was that a nod to Sherlock or what?  Figured it wasn't but still, cool yet weird to hear it.  And it went on for such a long time, too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

July 28, 2012 7:27 am  #11

This may also have been a tribute to the Gibbs.

July 28, 2012 7:47 am  #12

Davina wrote:

This may also have been a tribute to the Gibbs.

I don't really think so. No. I thought of Jim Moriarty at once.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 28, 2012 10:06 am  #13

Last night I was watching the youtube-video on my laptop when I had Sherlock on TV the same time on DasErste. ;-)
Benedict everywhere - what fun! ;-)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 28, 2012 11:56 am  #14

No longer available! should have recorded it... 

July 28, 2012 12:10 pm  #15

I changed the link above. This should work now.

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 28, 2012 4:55 pm  #16

Uuuund.... im Sack! Thank you tobe! 
Did you see the cooking-vid there? As it is not really olympic (well, maybe...) I posted it at "Ben's hands"

August 9, 2012 4:46 pm  #17

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/19022258

Benedict on fine form introducing film to London Olympic Games

Sorry, Sherlock, had no idea where else to put this. Move it if you like.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We solve crimes, I blog about it and he forgets his pants, so I wouldn’t hold out too much hope. (Scandal in Belgravia)

I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead..........I heard you.(The Empty Hearse)

August 9, 2012 7:09 pm  #18

Darnit. Can't play it here in the US, I guess. Maybe it's somewhere on YouTube?

Anyway, makes me think of "Welcome to London" in The Study in PInk.

August 9, 2012 7:13 pm  #19

This has been posted already somewhere. I will find it & merge the threads.
Yes it is on YouTube.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

August 9, 2012 7:17 pm  #20

Thanks.

Board footera