BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 11, 2012 8:48 pm  #1

An 'Elementary' one! - closes 15th July

So, I thought that as it's coming to the end of term, we could all do with an EASY one! BBC, Nice and simple; little to no research needed.
This (of course) is purely for your benefit and is in no way related to my poor Quiz-master skills at all!

So, the first half of this quiz will work a little differently, I have given you the answer and you have to think of a suitable question that would make this answer correct!
1.    Clicks fingers   
2.    Men
3.    Raz
4.    Vase
5.    Paul Smith

Now, we’re back to normal…

6.    What colour should Mrs. Hudson not wear? Bonus: And why?
7.    Who was the Lady in Pink? (name)
8.    How many people were killed by the old lady getting shot?
9.    What is the real name of the Golem?
10.    What is the name of the Widow’s Terrier?
Not exactly sure how long I should give you but... how about until this time on Sunday?
Have fun, and try not to ALL get full marks!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

July 12, 2012 4:42 am  #2

Re: An 'Elementary' one! - closes 15th July

Ahhh so the first part is like Jeopardy .... nice twist Ms Molly .... good golly.
Ok, I'll get on it straight away.

(And it doesn't look THAT easy)

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 12, 2012 4:57 am  #3

Great idea,  molly,  I  love the jeopardy thing too--  I've got some of the answers.   I'll post my  answers the day before.   OH!!   It just came to me!!   lovely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 12, 2012 5:20 am  #4

You know Molly, the more I think about it, the Jeopardy ones are GREAT! You could have a variety of 'correct; answers and some that are completely wrong, lol.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 14, 2012 9:33 pm  #5

here is my contribution to this weeks quiz.  My answers are in yellow or orange.   I  will wait  till you post your answers to find out how many I have right,  ok.  Molly?  great quiz!!   wonder where the others are?   

~~~~~~~

So, the first half of this quiz will work a little differently, I have given you the answer and you have to think of a suitable question that would make this answer correct!

1.    Clicks fingers   

What does Sherlock do when he summons a cab?   

2.    Men

What type of deodorant was Anderson wearing?  (MEN)  SIP   

3.    Raz

Who was the guy that Sherlock and John met, that was  doing street painting  in The Blind Banker episode? 

4.    Vase

What did Sherlock knock over,  as he climbed inside Soo Lin Yao's apartment in the Blind Banker episode? 

5.    Paul Smith.

What is the name of the maker of Sherlock’s blue scarf?   

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, we’re back to normal…

Connie Prince said for her  not to wear cerise, because it ‘drains me’  (TGG) 

Jennifer Wilson     

8.    How many people were  killed by the old lady getting shot?

12, including the old lady.  (RGG—said by a newscaster)     

Oskar Dzundza.   

Whisky  (in Hounds)   

Last edited by sherlockskitty (July 14, 2012 9:41 pm)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 15, 2012 10:28 am  #6

1.   Clicks fingers    - How does Moriarty call off his snipers at the pool in Scandal.
2.   Men                 - Who was the deodorant made for that Donovan used in Study in Pink
3.   Raz                 - What was the name of the graffitti artist consulted in Blind Banker
4.   Vase               - What did Sherlock knock over in Soo Lin's apartment when he climbed through the window?
5.   Paul Smith      - What designer made the scarf and gloves worn by Sherlock?
6.   Cerise, it drains her.
7.   Jennifer Wilson
8.   12 people
9.   Oscar Dzundza
10.  Whisky

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

July 17, 2012 12:53 pm  #7

1.    How does Moriarty call off the snipers? A. Clicks fingers   
2.    ??
3.    What is the name of the graffiti artist Sherlock consults for advice? A. Raz
4.    What does Sherlock knock over when he enters Soo Lin's apartment in Blind Banker? A. Vase
5.    ??

Serese (sp?) It drains her.

Jennifer Wilson

8.    How many people were killed by the old lady getting shot?

Oscar Gunter

Whiskey

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 17, 2012 9:10 pm  #8

who wins?

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 17, 2012 9:18 pm  #9

Kazza and Skitty-10!!
Sherlock-8 (I'll give you the phonetical ones.)
So, toss a coin or fight to the death...?

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

July 17, 2012 9:23 pm  #10

really?  I'm  tied with Kazza?  Unbelievably  Elementary, my dear.  Yes I  do have a quiz ready,  sort of.   It's not really a quiz...it's a THING.  And that is all I'll tell you,  for now.  Kazza,   how do we break this tie?  (cut Watson's  tie in half?)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 23, 2012 5:31 pm  #11

well, I  have a word search  contest,  but I'm  not sure where to put it.  It  will be  a contest to see who can find the most words in it.  there are a couple of  rules,  so  you'll have to read carefully.  It's not really a quiz; so  I don't know if I should put it in a quiz thread OR  if I should open a new thread titled  WORDSEARCH AND CROSSWORDS.   Thoughts  anyone?  thanks!!

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 23, 2012 6:57 pm  #12

Start a new thread and entitle it word searches.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 27, 2012 2:17 am  #13

sorry  people,  It's too late for me to post one right now.   I  didn't have my  idea  in place.   Someone else can do one,  ok?  thanks!!

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 27, 2012 2:38 am  #14

Oh drats Skitty, had I known earlier I could have posted one before I left home.

OK The door is open for ANYONE who has a quiz to contact one of the staff & let them know. I am not at home till next week & so can't access my back-up quizzes.
If no-one wants to do one we can just let the quizzes go for a while I guess.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

Board footera