BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 26, 2012 9:40 am  #1

Another fan from Vienna says HELLO :)

Hello everyone !

After having joined this platform as an "invisible user" for a while, I finally decided to get part of it!

I have to apologize for my terrible english (I've had it at school but it never was one of my favourite subjects) - I also see this a chance for me to improve my english knowledge  ...

I'm afraid I've become a Sherlock-addict - unfortunately it seems that I'm the only one in my environment. Therefore I'm so glad to see there many others in here . It's the first time something like that is happening to me - all I have in my mind is SherlockSherlockSherlock, I even dreamt about the series and (altough I'm not very good at it) started talking to my cats in english!

I'm looking forward to being part of this platform!!

June 26, 2012 9:59 am  #2

Re: Another fan from Vienna says HELLO :)

Hey carrot, welcome to the madness!

It is nice to find a group of people that have an interest that we haven't been able to share in Real Life.

By the way, your Englsih seems to be fine, keep up the good work.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

June 26, 2012 10:13 am  #3

Willkommen carrot! Your English is fine and there are plenty of German speakers on the forum if you have problems. Aber...Warum 'carrot'? I hope you enjoy yourself on this forum of Sherlockians. Veil Spass!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 26, 2012 10:15 am  #4

Welcome, Carrot, what is it about you Austrians and Sherlock? You are conquering the forum  . Well, maybe I'll meet one or the other Sherlock fan when I spend my holidays next month in Steiermark, that would be very nice. I'm going to take my Sherlock t-shirts to be on the safe side.
It's great to have you with us. As for myself, I love practising my English in ways that have nothing whatsoever to do with my work.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 26, 2012 10:49 am  #5

Hello carrot! So nice to have you with us! Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disguise is always a self portrait

June 26, 2012 10:54 am  #6

Davina wrote:

Willkommen carrot! Your English is fine and there are plenty of German speakers on the forum if you have problems. Aber...Warum 'carrot'? I hope you enjoy yourself on this forum of Sherlockians. Veil Spass!

Oh don't ask me why I've chosen "carrot" as a nickname, I guess I just like carrots  .
When I was thinking of which name to choose for this platform I saw a bagful of carrots in my kitchen and my decision was made...lol, sounds a bit crazy, doesn't it...

@ SusiGo
Well, don't know what's it about us and Sherlock - in fact, I haven't met any other sherlocked Austrians in real life yet, but obviously there must be some!! Maybe we can make a fan meeting sometime...
I wish you a pleasant stay in Steiermark, maybe you can come to visit Vienna soon - I'll recognize you by your t-shirt  !

Natürlich auch ein Extra-Hallo an alle deutsch sprechenden Fans hier  !!

Thank you all for your warm welcome  !

June 26, 2012 10:58 am  #7

Carrots are a perfect decent choice...as for crazy...welcome to the madness! Danke fuer den Extra-Hallo.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 26, 2012 12:06 pm  #8

Willkommen bei uns Sherlock-Verrückten, carrot!
Du hast recht, es gibt noch viel zu wenig Sherlockians in Österreich bzw. in der Dichte, dass auch wir einzelne etwas davon mitbekommen würden ^^
Du kommst auch aus Wien?
Sehr schön! Ein ausgeschriebenes Fanmeeting in Wien wäre eine soooo tolle Idee! Bei Schönwetter auf einer großen Wiese Picknicken und sich über BC & Co unterhalten - ein Traum! *-*

Sorry for writing everything in german... it just came over me anderen yeah I wasn't able to stop myself
In summary I just wrote how wonderful it would be to have an Austrian Fanmeeting in Vienna with Picknick and stuff talking about BC & Sherlock My dream *-*

June 26, 2012 1:26 pm  #9

This sudden influx of fellow Austrians (especially Viennese) is beginning to worry me a little... do I know any of you? If you're my boss, I'm actually researching, I swear...

What I meant to say is: Hi, Carrot, welcome to the forum!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no such word as 'impossible' in my dictionary. In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade' seems to be missing." Dirk Gently

Finally, I have made it to Cipher Expert :-))))) (8.8.2012)

June 26, 2012 2:31 pm  #10

Hello! WOW, another Austrian! There're so many of you now :D
Willkommen in unserem Forum..

June 26, 2012 5:05 pm  #11

Hello!!

Ein Herzliches Willkommen aus Graz!!

Im Gegensatz zu meinem Englisch bist du Native Speaker, also keine Sorge!!

Lg

June 26, 2012 9:22 pm  #12

@ sherlove:
ah, du bist auch aus Wien, hallo  !
Naja, falls wir noch ein paar andere Sherlockians finden, dann machen wir das doch mal, ich bin sofort dabei!
(just wrote that I would definitely join a Sherlock fan meeting in Vienna if we get hold of enough fans here)

@ hypergreenfrog
No worries, I'm not your boss ...am I  ? Just kidding!
Are you from Austria as well?

@ Sammy
Thank you for your german words  !

@ BigFan
Danke sehr, aber ohne Leo (Online dictionary) könnte ich nichts  ...

Wow, it's so great being here  !!

June 26, 2012 10:34 pm  #13

Welcome, Carrot.  Maybe I should learn German!  This board is SO educational...      But, really, I'm sure you'll really enjoy your time here--and it WILL be a lot!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

June 26, 2012 11:47 pm  #14

Welcome, carrot. How do you say "carrot" in German?
You are among friends here.
I understand your feelings. I have never joined a forum before about anything or anybody, but here I am.
No problems with your English!
Now I think there are suddenly four of us with the moon avatar.

June 27, 2012 12:02 am  #15

Welcome to the forum ! = )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

June 27, 2012 9:30 am  #16

Hey Carrot...welcome to the forum, you're certainly in good company here, and don't worry about your English it looks fine to me! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 27, 2012 2:28 pm  #17

veecee wrote:

I understand your feelings. I have never joined a forum before about anything or anybody, but here I am.

In German, "carrot" is "Karotte" (and it's said like it's written) - so it's quite similar to the English word.

Yeah, I'm actually not very happy with my avatar, but the other suggested ones didn't convince me either. I didn't have the time yet to find MY avatar...

@ Sherli Bakerst: Good idea, so we can probably benefit from each others language skills  ...
Thank you for writing my name in orange, I really appreciate it  - how did you do this?

June 27, 2012 5:32 pm  #18

carrot wrote:

veecee wrote:

In German, "carrot" is "Karotte" (and it's said like it's written) - so it's quite similar to the English word.

Yeah, I'm actually not very happy with my avatar, but the other suggested ones didn't convince me either. I didn't have the time yet to find MY avatar...
Maybe a carrot wearing a death frisbee -- I mean -- deerstalker hat?

@ Sherli Bakerst: Good idea, so we can probably benefit from each others language skills  ...
Thank you for writing my name in orange, I really appreciate it  - how did you do this?

June 29, 2012 6:04 pm  #19

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you--we were in need of some health food around here. : )

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 29, 2012 6:07 pm  #20

Health Food?!
What's wrong with Q*****s

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

Board footera