BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 29, 2012 8:26 pm  #21

Re: Greetings, fellow Sherlockians

Hello skull!!   I promise I won't jump up on the mantle to knock you down.  Sherlock has me well trained.   But welcome to our world of Sherlock!!   the more, the merrier!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 1, 2012 1:52 pm  #22

Nice to see you again too, Sherlock!
@Tantalus: I think you broke my funny bone. (Sorry, that wasn't very humerus.) -.-
@kazza: Fine with me, but I think John's on to us..
And skitty: Thank you very much. You're certainly much better trained than my cat was.

Forgot to ask: Tantalus, have you ever heard of the Dragonlance series? Bit of a random question, but every time I see your username it reminds me of one of the main characters.

Last edited by The Skull (July 1, 2012 2:00 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "It's this or Cluedo."
John: "Ah, no. We are never playing that again."
Sherlock: "Why not?"
John: "Because it's not actually possible for the victim to have done it, Sherlock!"

July 2, 2012 3:40 am  #23

Not familiar with Dragonlance. Got the name from one of the stories in the canon. It's hard to tell, but in my avatar, the object on the desk is a tantalus. It's a spirits (booze, not ghosts) case that has a lock on it, so servants (and others) could see the drinks but could not access them without the key, thus tantalizing them...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

July 2, 2012 4:06 am  #24

Oh, Tantalus, that's worthy of Moriarty or Mycroft  So what do you have locked up, mint juleps ? (national, or southern stereotype there)

Last edited by hepzibah (July 2, 2012 4:08 am)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

July 3, 2012 7:11 am  #25

That's interesting, Tantalus, now I'm going to have to reread... It's from The Adventure of Black Peter, right? Or is there another one?
I guess I'm on the wrong forum for obscure Dragonlance / X-men references.

Last edited by The Skull (July 3, 2012 7:27 am)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "It's this or Cluedo."
John: "Ah, no. We are never playing that again."
Sherlock: "Why not?"
John: "Because it's not actually possible for the victim to have done it, Sherlock!"

July 5, 2012 7:16 pm  #26

Yep, "Black Peter" is the only story in the canon where tantalus is used. However, many Sherlockians believe that the "spirit case" found at 221B was also a tantalus. But, that's mere conjecture...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

Board footera