BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 22, 2012 5:33 am  #1

Do you Tweet?

Do any of you guys use Twitter?

It would be interesting to read each others thoughts on things not related to Sherlock (though, do we have any thoughts not related to Sherlock, hmm).

Anyway, I have a whole 3 followers at the moment (I know, impressive, eh) including my sister-in-law and our Prime Minister (yes, really).

You can have a look at hepzibah59.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

June 22, 2012 5:40 am  #2

Re: Do you Tweet?

I've just followed you. MWahahahahaaa

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 22, 2012 5:51 am  #3

ok, you need to follow these people:
Lara Pulver   @larapulver

Steven Moffat    @steven_moffat
Writer. Head writer and Exec Producer of Doctor Who. Also co-Exec of Sherlock with @markgatiss, and my wife, @suevertue. Also I block rude people.

Paul McGuigan   @paul_mcguigan
Filmmaker: Lucky Number Slevin - Gangster No1 - Push- Acid House - Wicker Park - Sherlock Eps.1+3+4+5

Mark Gatiss   @Markgatiss
Actor. Writer. Strangler.

Louise Brealey   @louisebrealey
Journalist. Feminist. Molly off Sherlock. Once Loo; never Lou. 'If you go home with somebody and they don't have books, don't feck them' - John Waters

sue vertue   @suevertue
Producer, mother of Armytedd (and other son yet without youtube name!), wife of The Moff.

Ian Hallard   @IanHallard
Actor. Dog owner. http://www.youtube.com/user/ianhallard

Jodie & Archie   @JodieArchie1
I'm Archie. I'll probably do most of the typing. We are miniature long-haired dachshunds which means we could feck you up. Oh and there's Jodie too...idiot.
(These are Martin & Amanda's dogs - true! )

I see you have the others I have. I don't follow the fansites much; it's all repetitive.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 22, 2012 5:53 am  #4

And now I'm following you! This could get scary!
I follow Amanda Abbington, she swears more than I do 

Did you get the PM that I sent you?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

June 22, 2012 5:57 am  #5

Yes I did, I thought I replied, lol.
If you don't want to post it I shall, it's easy just copy & paste the web address.
& pop it into Upcoming Events.
I can always 'fix' anything if the link doesn't work but it should do.

Oh and Jodie & Archie swear MUCH more than Amanda, lol.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 22, 2012 6:03 am  #6

Um, yeah, you did reply, I just didn't check 

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

June 22, 2012 6:13 am  #7

Oh & I left one of the "people to follow' list sorry:

James Rhodes @JRhodesPianist
Concert pianist. Occasionally putting the mental into instrumentalist. www.youtube.com/user/jamesrhodepianist
(He is a friend of Benedict's; had dinner the other night with him& it was through James that Benedict sent a message that he does not have a Twitter account & prob won't be getting one anytime soon, lol)

He's also a damned good pianist & does write some spot on stuff.
eg   http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/culture/jamesrhodes/100059516/after-a-stomach-churning-diet-of-tv-garbage-along-comes-sherlock-has-the-bbc-redeemed-itself/

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 22, 2012 6:19 am  #8

You mean all those Benny twitter accounts I follow aren't really him? Wot a surprise!

And I did manage to post the poll, thanks for the tips

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

June 23, 2012 1:09 pm  #9

Also worth following:

@michael_price

@DavidGArnold

@speedyscafe

@hartswoodfilms

@russelltovey

@PhilDavis6

@jamiefreeman

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 23, 2012 1:44 pm  #10

I just signed up to twitter the other day to follow Lara. I'll add the other Sherlock people too. I don't understand how it works yet. If you tweet the celebrities do they ever tweet back to you? I don't want to stalk and bother them. But it would be great to get a tweet back once in awhile. Lara seems to answer fans occasionally.

Last edited by Sentimental Pulse (June 23, 2012 1:44 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disguise is always a self portrait

June 23, 2012 2:17 pm  #11

Hey, Senti, what name do you tweet under? I would love to follow you.

Amanda Abbington. Martin's partner, interacts with some of her followers apparently. Most celebrities would get so many tweets that they can only reply to a very few, but you never know. A word of warning, Amanda swears like a drunken sailor, which may offend some. I love it because I swear too   

It;s just a fun way to interact with people. I use it to vent my spleen, complain about my life and mention books and movies I love. I follow my sister-in-law to see what that side of the family is up to, I follow a couple of Aussie politicians, and Stephen Fry, of course (my perfect man, except for the whole gay, bipolar thing)

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

June 23, 2012 3:23 pm  #12

hepzibah, I'm @janine_zastrow. I don't have any followers yet except my boyfriend . Most of our friends are old fogies If she swears like a drunken sailor, Amanda is my kind of girl

Disguise is always a self portrait

June 23, 2012 3:25 pm  #13

I've had a Twitter account since 2009 and I've tweeted maybe 12 times. I don't have this urge to tell things about my life in there to strangers. I do that in my blog, and I don't really give any personal information in there either, it's just my thoughts on movies, games, books, music et al. I'm only in Twitter because I follow a couple of individuals there to get the latest news on them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

June 23, 2012 3:39 pm  #14

Hey Janine, I'm now following you, please feel free to follow me if you want. The boyfriend looks like a cutie 

Hey Drama, we already know everything about you, so there would be no privacy issues with Twitter! It's just a bit of fun, babe, but it ain't compulsory 

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

June 23, 2012 3:45 pm  #15

Hep, you know nothing about me except that I'm younger than most here and I can draw a kick-ass London. For all you know I could be Batman. I might seem like I'm an open book, but trust me, all the pages inside are blank. Some in braille.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 24, 2012 5:28 am  #16

Wow, Drama, are you really Batman? I'm Impressed!

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

June 24, 2012 6:18 am  #17

Dramagod wrote:

Hep, you know nothing about me except that I'm younger than most here and I can draw a kick-ass London. For all you know I could be Batman. I might seem like I'm an open book, but trust me, all the pages inside are blank. Some in braille.

Indeed yes, there are always three sides to every story aren't there?

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 24, 2012 6:50 am  #18

I'm on twitter - yes Amanda does interact with people a lot. I had a conversation with her about some offensive thing the paps had done, iirc

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

June 24, 2012 7:14 am  #19

Hey Who, what is your twitter name so I can follow you?

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

June 24, 2012 11:10 am  #20

kazza474 wrote:

Dramagod wrote:

Indeed yes, there are always three sides to every story aren't there?

Indeed there are.

@hep - I didn't say I'm Batman, I said I could be. Just a little something to ponder about.

Last edited by Dramagod (June 24, 2012 11:11 am)

Board footera