BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 25, 2015 11:55 pm  #1881

Re: Free Rants

I am not a happy bunny right now... 

I've been sleep deprived lately, but I decided to watch Oculus since Netflix added it today, I thought I was safe if I kept some of the lights on and had my Sonic Screwdriver within reach... 

I've not been so scared to use the bathroom since the first time I watched IT as a kid. My only mirror is in the bathroom and sometimes when I don't sleep enough and get really weird anxiety attacks that mirror messes with me... and one of the last selfies I took there (sorry Ben, I know how you hate them). there was a weird blur right next to me in the mirror. 

I have a 'lazy' eye despite having perfect vision on both eyes, and sometimes when that eye moves as I concentrate it can make it look like stuff is morphing. 

I've used my sonic to make a 'barrier' around the mirror and my bedroom... Hoping that is going to keep the monsters of my imagination at bay. 

And... I try really hard to avoid Doctor Who spoilers... Denmark is showing episode 6 on Friday.They struggled a bit to get the rights apparently.. And I just had the worst spoiler of all. 

I think I'll write on one of my fanfics now, since it doesn't seem like I'll be doing much sleeping... and punish a character. Ugh. 
Is that what Moffat does? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 3, 2015 8:01 pm  #1882

I am crying for such a silly reason... I miss my boyfriend. He went on holiday on Friday, won't return before the 14th... he never managed to afford a new laptop and now his brother's laptop broke too. So, I can't get in touch with him. I try to make the best of it... but... damn. I need my daily dose of him. Even the weekends seem long when he couldn't borrow a laptop. 

Tuesday I had a meeting with a job coach and we talked about many things... I mentioned that I dreamed of a career I could use in The Netherlands too, because that's where my bf lives... it came up in the conversation that he's brain damaged and straight away she told me he wasn't good for me... she listed all sorts of reasons why I would be better off with someone 'normal'. I never even got to tell her how much or how little he's affected... she just decided it wasn't right for me. 

He's a grown man, he lives with his problems. He sometimes struggles to say the right words and forgets stuff and needs reminding a million times of stuff (but honestly, doesn't that apply for most men??) I got so angry! 

I know she wanted to protect me... I've not had the most easy life and I'm working on stuff... but she doesn't know how amazing he's been with me. He works so hard on building up my confidence. He would do anything to see me smile. 

I also know where she got all those horror stories from... a woman in my class has a brain damaged ex husband who was a lot more affected, and she had a session with her the day before. But, you just can't judge all people the same. WTF! 

... And today I got an 'emergency' appointment with my therapist even if I'm still on a long waiting list. It's not as bad as it sounds, but the job center wants proof that I am not all that well, something with the money I am getting to pay my rent and stuff... and for some reason I started crying there... she had read my file and tried to get me to smile by asking about my boyfriend... well... that had the opposite effect. Blah. I'm happy it was raining when I left. 

Oh well, at least I have him. And he took his mandatory leave now so he could have access to a laptop at work during Christmas... he knows my family will drive me nuts and I'll need him to make me giggle. 

*deep breaths*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 3, 2015 8:48 pm  #1883

Phantom, crying because you miss your boyfriend is not a "silly reason".
Didn't that job coach realise she was being rude? She may have been projecting her own or someone close's experience, but even so that's not on!

Breathe deep, honey, like you said you've got him, and from the look of it you two are strong

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

December 6, 2015 5:59 pm  #1884

She thought she was doing me a favour... oh well. I know better. 
Thank you Lily. I just miss him. But it's special to have someone I can actually miss... I have lived most of my life as a 'phantom' and never really let myself get close to people... as soon as people did I would vanish; preferably without a trace. I generally don't like people. 

Ugh. And I don't like myself today. I don't know when I'll learn not to be a 'hero'. 
I was visiting my mum this weekend, and today we went to a shop to get cat food and some other items. The only kind of food the cats can now eat without getting sick had been placed on the very top shelf. I am a bit taller than my mum, and I couldn't see any of the shop people around so I decided to get on my toes and reach for it, finding it to be way heavier than I had estimated as well. 

I have scoliosis and at least one slipping disc in my spine... this is just what I needed *rolls eyes*. 
I almost passed out on the shop floor, ugh. It still hurts so much. 
Saturday I spent baking my favourite Christmas cookies, baking and cooking hurts too. Especially in mum's kitchen; it's built in a time when people were much shorter apparently. But I managed to fill 3 cake tins! 

I just... ugh. I hate not being able to do stuff without having to deal with pains and have to go lie down. I'm only 25! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 12, 2015 5:18 pm  #1885

First the good news:
I just got in from attending a Shakespeare day school on Richard III.
The tutor's really good and this session was excellent.
I went with my pal and we met an old friend there, had a lovely lunch with him and his pal...
I now feel completely ready to watch Benedict in the role.
HOWEVER: I got talking to the tutor about Benedict's forthcoming role and she was very excited about it(obviously a fan). 
Then, this other woman in the group butted in and snapped: oh god, not something else with THAT Cumberbatch!
I tell you, I nearly slapped her!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 12, 2015 8:02 pm  #1886

Gah. I hate when people say stuff like that! Sorry you had to endure that! 

I dislike Bieber, and I can get caught ranting about him with people I know and who feels the same way... I'd NEVER start to talk him down to a fan. Blegh. 

Some people have no sense really. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 12, 2015 8:10 pm  #1887

Well the slightly amusing part was that I don't think she even realised I was a fan....as I sat there wearing my '221B' necklace, my 'I'm sherlocked' wristband and with my Benedict bag!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 12, 2015 8:13 pm  #1888

Some people just see but don't observe. *rolls eyes*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 12, 2015 8:23 pm  #1889

True!

December 21, 2015 8:06 pm  #1890

Drunk drivers!!! 

My mum had a rude awakening the other night; a car suddenly burst through her stone wall, her green hedge and into her yard. Apparently the driver and his friends who had held a party at the nearby school all gathered and tried to move the car before someone saw them... and when they realized my mum was awake and looking out to see what was going on they became rather threatening in their behaviour. Mum then called the cops that came quite quickly... the drunk driver resisted the breath test and got very angry... 

My mum had a good talk with the guy who drove with him, the other guy wasn't drunk... but he had been mildly damaged (complained of a sore neck etc) and mum had to convince him to go to the ER; and also gave him the talk she gave me some years ago about NEVER driving with someone who's drunk. 

Mum's yard now looks horrible. And I can't help but wonder if she's completely safe; what if they have it in for her now? 

And the dog... the poor dog! He suffers with anxiety and he's not been the same. Mum had to put up emergency fencing in the garden and has to keep checking for broken glass. The dog apparently doesn't like being in the yard now. 

Now what? With all the fireworks and  noise there is in December it's difficult to get him out for a walk at all; you physically can't drag him with you. And now he can't go in the yard either?? 

Gah!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 21, 2015 9:47 pm  #1891

That´s awful, Phantom, I hope everything will sort itself in time and that there will be no permanent damage from those irresponsible fools.

One would think they would be humble after their experience (they could have been killed!) - but when someone is stupid, there´s no helping it, so it seems! 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 21, 2015 10:49 pm  #1892

That's unfortunate, Phantom.  I hope your mum is able to have her garden recover and hopefully those people will not be after her in the future.

Also sorry to hear about the dog, I hope the dog will be OK too.

Clueing for looks.

December 27, 2015 8:07 pm  #1893

This is probably going to make me sound whiny and selfish, but I need to let it out and I think you guys are the only people who have a chance of understanding me.

My mother took my grandmother to church today for a special service for people who lost loved ones this year. My mum just texted my dad. She said that at the church they met the daughter of one of my grandmother's old friends. My mum invited her to our place for dinner on... New Year's Day!
I was looking forward to a relaxing, quiet evening with the family. Dinner, then Sherlock. My mum was looking forward to that, too, though every time I have reminded her she has that she forgot it was on that night.
I am disappointed that this means I might not be able to see it until the next day or something. My dad said that the lady probably won't stay as late as our friends do when they come, but her leaving before 9:00 seems unlikely to me.
I am also disappointed that my mum just went ahead and made the invitation without discussing with my dad and I first.
Even if she turns out to be nice, I still didn't want to have to deal with the stress of meeting someone new on New Year's Day. So much for relaxing on one of my last days at home.
At least we have a PVR.

Last edited by Yitzock (December 27, 2015 8:09 pm)

Clueing for looks.

December 27, 2015 8:27 pm  #1894

My mum seems a little bit more shaken up than she wants to admit... but it seems she's going to be okay, the garden is going to be fixed quite soon... and the dog is okay; as okay as a dog with anxiety can be this close to New Years Eve. 

... but I've got a bit of a rant... 

Christmas with the family was blah. I'm exhausted... it didn't get as bad as it has other years, and I avoided a fight; only very nearly with my aunt. Mum hurt her arm, adding that to her chronic back pain... and I was once again running around trying to be the one who did it all... worrying about her. My aunt as per usual, and despite an agreement between my mum and her didn't lift a finger unless she absolutely had to. 

As an example she sat on a couch with my mum's aunt; a frail elderly woman with a sick leg that needs protection, and the dog jumped up onto the couch and desperately tried to steal a cookie from my mum's aunt; almost knocking her over. My mum asked my aunt to get the dog down and my aunt didn't even respond... I had to jump in and try to get the dogs attention by waving another cookie around despite my own back hurting like hell... it's just little things like that, that keeps adding up. 

I couldn't wait for it all to be over. I appreciate the presents, I asked for food and I got food, and a mini pan for cooking too... 

The makeup my aunt had 'wished' for wasn't the right one despite me going exactly by her instructions... and well, that wasn't popular.... 

I've always been a big fan of Christmas, but I think I have reached a point where I actually hate Christmas Eve. I do like December, the lights, the trees, the decorations and all that. Hot chocolate in Christmas themed mugs... 

I'm just exhausted. I went home yesterday. I couldn't stand my family for one more second. Right after the traditional Christmas lunch (which shockingly went okay) I got on a train. 

All my friends from highschool, from the 'emo table' in the canteen are having a Christmas lunch thing tomorrow... on facebook I responded with 'maybe' when I knew I couldn't go... I couldn't afford that train ticket and to cook and bring food and all that stuff... plus, they are planning on making it a sleepover, but I have to go home and sleep in my own bed. Even if I don't mention why (my back and hip) I know my best friend gets so worried for me when I leave. I hate that look in her eyes. I think that's the worst part of living with my pain... 

My best friend wrote to me today offering to pay my ticket and saying she had made an extra dish to bring to the table... I do not like taking charity. I felt so uncomfortable last time she took me to see a movie and even gave me dinner too... even if she kept saying it was a belayed Birthday present (I refused to celebrate my 25th Birthday in Feb.)
It turns out I can afford the trip. I thought it would be much, much more expensive!

Well. I am happy about going. But... I just don't feel social after Christmas and all. Some of those girls I haven't seen in years. And one of them... well, our relationship is a bit strange. 

In highschool she was tagging along with our then common friend who was good at using me and the fact that they were my very first friends... until it all blew up... and I was there for this girl who is coming tomorrow. I took her out, I was a good friend. I was always the one she could come to and cry on my shoulder for years and years. She moved away but always came to me when she was in a crisis. In the end I realized she only wanted to see me when she needed me. I stopped sending her messages, I stopped inviting her and lo and behold... it was only when she needed me that she came. So yeah... it's been a couple of years since we really had any contact, other than a few comments on facebook... we met at one of the girls wedding some years ago... but we only got to talk for a few minutes alone.

And... one of our last conversations were after I met our former common friend in town... it was such a strange experience. She had apologized to me for what she did (which I must admit meant nothing) and proceeded to say that she knew what she had done, and she had never stopped thinking about it, and she was happy to meet me now, because she wondered what happened to me since. I didn't forgive her, and that was not what she asked... but I told her I was happy to know that she was aware... 

I told my friend about that... and I can't get out of my head what she said.... "she was sorry for what??". 

Ah well. 

I'm going... the 'good' thing about having a chronic illness is that you can always use that as an excuse to get away. 

And... I was planning on spending tomorrow to have a good long talk with my boyfriend. Something seems to be up with him, but he didn't want to talk to me about it until Christmas was over... I've been worried since he told me. He told me it was 'just old ghosts'. That could be lots of things! 

We have 4 hours, then I'm off to be with those girls... 

Oh, and New Years Eve I'm 'forced' to be at mum's place. My aunt is also coming, but you need to be more than one person since you can't leave the dog's side... even when he's drugged up... and as my mum put it; she needs someone who knows how to take an order; unlike my aunt. 
And... the dog usually attaches himself to me for some reason when he's scared. 

For once I'd like to actually experience a New Years Eve with my friends... partying... before I get too old and too sick. 

But I'm doing it for the dog. I love that thing! 

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (December 27, 2015 8:42 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

January 3, 2016 12:08 am  #1895

I will never learn to understand how people can have an actual need to bring others down. 

I posted a picture on facebook of me getting into my fem Sherlock cosplay, even put it as my profile picture... for once I actually thought I had managed to get an okay picture. That's really rare with my confidence and all... 

It took a few hours until someone commented 'Hello Fatty'. I'm not even sure that person was from my own friendslist... then again, I have so many 'friends' on my profile anyway. 

I deleted the comment swiftly. In a way I feel bad about that... because I've reached a point where I believe it says a lot more about the other person than it does about me. (yes, I am overweight, but you get my point)... I just didn't want a long fight to break out over that comment.

I just don't get it. Why does someone actually need to write that? 

I've been bullied my entire life pretty much, with my weight, my looks, my clothes, my single mum, my intelligence... I think I've heard most of it. 

My friend and I have a habit of speaking positively about other people. I love when I notice that. Where some women could go 'OMG did you see her dreadful dress?'  we can say stuff like "Oh, I saw a beautiful girl the other day, she wore this green coat, it was so good with her auburn hair!". 

It's literally that easy. No. we're not saints and we can judge others... but we would never actually make the person aware. 

*sighs and rolls eyes*. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

January 3, 2016 12:25 am  #1896

(((((hug)))))
Try to forget those trolls, it seems they're just everywhere.
I remember a pic you posted here once and my instant thought was what a pretty face you have.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

January 3, 2016 12:27 am  #1897

Sorry, but how old are you? It's facebook! You have to think about what you say and which pictures you post in there. And you have to choose your “friends“ carefully.
It's anonymous and people write things they probably would not say into your face.
I find it very annoying, too, and very sad. But obviously a lot of people feel better if they insult other people.
So that's the risk we are all taking there.
Don't listen to them, but to yourself and your real friends. So chin up and on you go!

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 3, 2016 12:30 am  #1898

(Hugs Phantom tightly.)
Don´t let them get to you, Phantom. Think how sad their life must be, not bringing anything positive to the world, only being consumed by the malice and stupidity. 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 3, 2016 12:32 am  #1899

First of all, let me virtually hug you! <3

Well, I know things like that have been written 1000 times before (and you'll of course know it, but sometimes it helps reading stuff like this and I feel the urge to write it)
All people have their issues, everyone has something about him or herself that she or he doesn't like, whether it's something physical or some bad character flaw or habit or whatever. But as it's so much easier to bash on other people and what they think is their weakness than to work on their own stuff, and so people just keep doing that, and the unpersonal approach the internet gives to people unfortunately helps them big time. It's one thing to insult someone personally, because you have to look them in the eye as you do, but some people don't even find the bravery to do it that way, they just find comfort in bashing virtually. That's actually just extremely weak and lame, but I've read a lot of insulting and bad comments on the internet, it's something very common these days and I absolutely hate it, how people get threatened.

It would be so much nicer just write positive things about each other, it would give everybody a good feeling and would make us look out for what's beautiful and good about the people around us and the world etc. but instead people just keep on writing bad things. I don't know why. I just know it hurts and destroys so much in those these messages are addressed to and that's just... unbearable.

So I hope you manage to overcome this person quickly, delete him or her from having access to your Facebook page and instead enjoy your cosplay experience and the day you've spent with it. Because after all: These people just do not matter.

Last edited by James Norrington (January 3, 2016 12:33 am)

------------------------------------------------------------
"Love something, and love it deeply."
Andrew Scott

"I don’t care how hypothetical it is, I’m not flying with a live otter in the flight deck."
Captain Martin Crieff

January 3, 2016 12:32 am  #1900

It's not that I had a cry about it or anything, I'm not even insulted as such. I just simply don't understand the need. 

The picture was carefully chosen even, trust me. Like I said I have a very low confidence and I'm critical about what I put out there... I know the 'dangers'. I rarely put pictures of my full body, and this comment wasn't even on the one of me in my coat... it was just of my face. It was never that. It's just that I think it's a sad world to live in where people basically need to try to bring other's down. In a way I would be even more sad if I saw the same comment on someone else's profile. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera