BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 27, 2016 5:02 pm  #1981

Re: Free Rants

Thanks, Harriet.
I knew that, yes...I'm very aware that 3 hours and/or some rest is better than nothing, but...
I refuse to take any sort of medication to help me sleep -don't want to put my brain on stand-by again and fall off yet another bandwagon.

I know that better times will come, but it just doesn't look that way when one's...down. I mean, I know if I use my brain for half a second that it will get better, but I can't ...believe it, if that makes sense?
Bit like the struggle of understanding why people like you and what they can possibly find interesting in you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

January 27, 2016 5:14 pm  #1982

You know what? I think you're in need of another hug 

(((((HUG))))

Any RL one who supports you in this distressing period?

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 27, 2016 5:21 pm  #1983

So sorry to hear you are feeling awful, Lily. Let me send you a hug. Try to use the night to get some rest. And if you are feeling down making yourself a gift like the Sherlocked ticket is the right thing to do. You deserve it.
(((hug))) 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 27, 2016 5:41 pm  #1984

*Big hugs from me as well Lily* I'm so sorry to hear you're having such a hard time. 
If you want to talk you can always PM me. 
I know about feeling guilty about spending money, I did that with my London trip to see Hamlet... though, that was also for how I got the money for that... 
But you know what, you deserve to have a good time! You need something to look forward to. 

I have a bit of a rant too... about myself. I broke a promise to myself last night and I hate myself now. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 27, 2016 5:48 pm  #1985

Thank you ladies.
Hugs are always appreciated.

I don't know anyone to help me out IRL - I know that I could in theory talk with my Mum, but I don't want to bring her down as well.
I'll just distract myself. Stop thinking for a while.
My God how do I turn that thing off??

Phantom, I know all too well the feeling of breaking a promise made to oneself. If you need to talk, well. Don't hesitate to PM me.

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

January 27, 2016 5:54 pm  #1986

Sending you my love, Lily.  Sorry to hear there are many things bothering you at once.  I hope that you enjoyed the convention, anyway.  Even if you feel bad about the money, I think it's good for you to have something to look forward to that will be fun, like the others have already said.

As for breaking promises to yourself, Phantom, I know what that feels like.  It's aggravating, but I think it's important to forgive yourself and I hope you can do that.

Clueing for looks.

January 27, 2016 6:04 pm  #1987

Aw, big hugs from me too for Lily and Phantom...
I know you are strong ladies!
(((((((HUG)))))))

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

January 27, 2016 6:05 pm  #1988

Thank you, Yitzock.

I did enjoy last year's convention, yes. I hope the next one will be even better.
I'll admit that for the moment I can't quite put my mind to looking forward to it, I'm stuck on money. I knew what I was going in for, of course, I knew my situation beforehand,  I had not...realised what it all implied. Aaaand back to I can't use my brain properly and other thoughts of the same irk.

January 27, 2016 6:06 pm  #1989

X's and O's for Lily.     Hang in there sweetie!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 27, 2016 6:09 pm  #1990

Thank you, tonnaree and mrshouse.

I know I should not think that, but...how do you know I'm a "strong person"?
(And yes, that's also the kind of question I would ask IRL.)

January 27, 2016 6:09 pm  #1991

And in the meantime, try to be gentle to yourself and reduce things that are not overly important.
It's quite a challenge to get through such times, even with supporting friends and family.
Do you have more exams ahead? Or other distressing things?

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 27, 2016 6:15 pm  #1992

Lily, I think if one gets together here on a quite regular basis one gets a tiny impression from people.
In the German language we call it "Bauchgefühl". (saying you have a special feeling about certain things in the stomach. It is not always about logic)
Plus: I consider it more encouraging than to say "You won't cope with stuff anyway"

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

January 27, 2016 6:16 pm  #1993

No, I've nothing...distressing upcoming.
Holmesian meeting this Sunday.
Holiday at the end of next week.
Sherlockian afternoon tea party on 20th Feb. In London.
A new bed (and mattress. At long last.) soon as well.
My half brother coming to visit in two weeks.
I realise I should be feeling quite happy (or at least not low) but...

And then there's the real exams coming in March. I'm not ready. I often say "oh well, this year's just a try out" but...I'm boiling inside. I shouldn't. That always brings about bad/not good things.

January 27, 2016 6:18 pm  #1994

Hugs all round. I hate it when brains just won't quit at being not at all helpful.

Insomnia sucks, and the worst thing is you know you're tired and there's nothing you can do about it. And then yeah it just goes round in a vicious cycle. Don't feel bad about eating... eating is fuel which you need if you've had no sleep! However, you probably know all this but knowing it doesn't help you fix it.

Ok, I'll shut up now and give out some more hugs.

---------------
It's not really a ship, it's more like a life raft.

January 27, 2016 6:20 pm  #1995

mrshouse wrote:

Lily, I think if one gets together here on a quite regular basis one gets a tiny impression from people.
In the German language we call it "Bauchgefühl". (saying you have a special feeling about certain things in the stomach. It is not always about logic)
Plus: I consider it more encouraging than to say "You won't cope with stuff anyway"

That's actually the first time someone gives me a worthwhile answer to that question.

Much better than the (too often) dismissive "Well, I know you, don't I?" reply I'd usually get.
Thank you.

January 27, 2016 6:29 pm  #1996

Lilythiell - registered May 11, 2014, 1.760 posts. I think I can deduce something from your posts, too 

January 27, 2016 6:35 pm  #1997

Thank you, Little Weed.
You're right, knowing all of that does not help in fixing it. God knows my entourage has tried to get me to understand -the thing is I do understand. But don't know how to fix that.

Harriet, you certainly cannot deduce anything* from the amount of posts I've made...can you? As for the contents, probably, though what exacty, I wonder.

*not meant to offend

January 27, 2016 6:41 pm  #1998

No, except for a certain reliability when it comes to analysis. And of course something from the content - and you know what I mean 

January 27, 2016 6:49 pm  #1999

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by a certain reliability for analysis.
I will quote things and  try to structure what I'm trying to say...but I'm not sure it's reliable. Or if it really brings anything to the discussion. Anything new, I mean.

January 27, 2016 6:55 pm  #2000

Deep breaths Lily, Take everything one at a time, try not to get overwhelmed and enjoy them as much as possible. 
I know I can get quite overwhelmed myself, so it's way easier said than done. 

In my experiences, the worst thing is the worrying and stressing... 

And I'm trying to move on from what I did last night, but it's difficult... I really messed up this time. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera