BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 19, 2012 4:43 am  #21

Re: Critic Choice Awards Winners - YES WE WON SOMETHING

Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series | Ty Burrell, Modern Family
“I just can’t believe I have a job. I spent the bulk of my life unemployed, so much so that when I walk into a room like this my first instinct is to case the place for food. My fake wife (Julie Bowen) can attest to that."

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 19, 2012 4:45 am  #22

Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy | Julie Bowen, Modern Family
“This means a lot coming from [presenter] Ginny [Goodwin], who started her career playing one of my students on Ed… which is weird because we’re the same age now. It happens," Bowen said with a laugh. “Thank you for recognizing a show that is so fun to do with such fun people. Thank you to my fake children, especially my daughters who provide me with the non-penis time I’m never gonna get at home."

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 19, 2012 4:46 am  #23

Best Actor in a Comedy Series | Louis C.K., Louie

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 19, 2012 4:51 am  #24

Best Actress in a Comedy Series (TIE) | Zooey Deschanel, New Girl… and Amy Poehler, Parks and Recreation

Aubrey Plaza, accepting for Poehler: “Amy said she trusted me, that I would know the right this to say on her behalf. So… on behalf of Amy, I want to thank the devil and all the dark lords!"

Zooey Deschanel: “Oh my god, I’ve never won anything before. Literally not since 5th grade student council… Liz Meriwether, thank you for creating this show. Ugh, I love you. Best cast ever. I feel like I should be funny. I wish I had the Parks and Rec people to accept my award for me."

Zooey accepting her award

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 19, 2012 4:56 am  #25

Best Comedy Series | Community (NBC)
“Hey, we won something! This is really unexpected," series lead Joel McHale said in accepting the award. “I want to thank the creator Dan Harmon, who created the greatest show on television…. We would like to thank NBC for keeping us on the air…. Jokes all aside, we are thrilled to be here tonight."
Joel McHale accepting the award

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 19, 2012 4:59 am  #26

And that's it , thank heavens, lol.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 19, 2012 5:07 am  #27

kazza474 wrote:

I assume Gatiss & Moffat are still sleeping ( would they sleep through awards?)

I tried to go to the website via the link in the other thread but couldn't find the actual show.  But the info there stated the ceremony started at 9:00pm Eastern time, which would have been 2:00am in London.  Certainly Moftiss could've still been up--it's 1:00am now on the East Coast and I'm still awake.    (I love not having to get up early to go to work the following day!)

I also found it interesting that Lucy Liu won an award.  I wonder if CBS will play that up in promoting Elementary?

Last edited by Sherli Bakerst (June 19, 2012 5:08 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

June 19, 2012 5:22 am  #28

The Broadcast Television Journalists Association also released its list of “Most Exciting New Series":
Fox’s The Following (premieres midseason) and The Mindy Project (debuts Sept. 25),
ABC’s Nashville (premieres in fall),
HBO’s The Newsroom (June 24) and
USA Network’s Political Animals (July 15).

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 19, 2012 5:34 am  #29

And no-one can tell me who that 'prince' was in the pic on page 1?

I'm old & don't watch much TV. So I am in the dark, lol.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 19, 2012 6:43 am  #30

Many thanks kazza, for posting this. As it was my sleeping time I missed everything, sorry, I would have loved to party with you
I'm sooooooooo happy for Ben... it was about time his work got recognised
And no, I can't help you with the prince (no idea who he is)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

June 19, 2012 6:44 am  #31

Kazza, thank you so much for your painstaking coverage. You are not alone but you know, these timezones are just annoying  . I wish Lara had won as well but as you said, two out of three isn't so bad either.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 19, 2012 11:15 am  #32

Lara Pulver
“@paul_mcguigan: Yay! #Sherlock and Benedict win at Critics Choice Television Awards.  Bloody brilliant!

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 19, 2012 11:23 am  #33

Irene Adler wrote:

Many thanks kazza, for posting this.

yes kazza you do not get nearly the thanks you deserve for doing all this for us. You deserve an award from us!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disguise is always a self portrait

June 19, 2012 11:24 am  #34

kazza474 wrote:

Lara Pulver
“@paul_mcguigan: Yay! #Sherlock and Benedict win at Critics Choice Television Awards.  Bloody brilliant!

I sent Lara a tweet telling her she was robbed and that her fans think she is the best.

Disguise is always a self portrait

June 19, 2012 11:26 am  #35

Well thank you everyone but really I was sitting here just trying to hold myself together (day off work with illness) It kept my mind off things. (No sympathy please; just saying I had nothing better to do) I assume when I get back to work, I'll be run off my feet & falling asleep at the keyboard when I get here.
LOL

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 19, 2012 11:28 am  #36

Kazza you are amazing.  Thank you for giving us the info on the Awards and thank you so much for your technical expertise in all things.  I follow a lot of your links and end up in some pretty amazing places that I never would have found on my own.  But details.....I need details!  Was Ben there to accept his award?  Did he make a speech?  Who accepted for Sherlock overall?

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

June 19, 2012 11:45 am  #37

Some chick from PBS lol. No cast or crew were there.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 19, 2012 5:36 pm  #38

HOORAY!!!
That's awesome news..

June 19, 2012 6:09 pm  #39

kazza474 wrote:

Best Guest Performer in a Comedy Series | Paul Rudd, Parks and Recreation
Accepting for Rudd, Parks and Rec‘s Nick Offerman read a (fake) note saying, “If this is for that movie I did with Amy Poehler, it was awesome and all of the dudes were really handsome."

Best Guest Performer in a Drama Series | Lucy Liu, Southland
“I didn’t expect this at all,"  Liu said. “It’s just been such a thrill to be working with such a wonderful cast and fantastic crew.“

I don't know if you folks outside the US saw his performance, but he was hilarious.

June 19, 2012 6:10 pm  #40

kazza474 wrote:

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series | Christina Hendricks, Mad Men

Do you all get this show? She's great, and also gorgeous.

Board footera