BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 11, 2013 5:30 pm  #1

Help with bbcsherlock.com

As I mentioned to you guys a while ago, I bought the domain name bbcsherlock.com - very handy. It's currently redirecting to this forum but I want to start building it up as a proper website where the forum is linked into it off a button similar to my cumberbabes.com front page.

There's going to be a few different pages but I'd like all the items on there to be from members of this forum. Examples of the type of sections:

ESSAYS - these will be scholarly essays and analyses, kind of like they do with the canon but specifically for BBC Sherlock. If anybodys written any and would be happy for them to be featured on the site, let me know. I've got a couple myself and have quite a few more I'd like to write. These can include extensive Fall theories, character analyses and so on and so forth.

FAN FICTION
FAN ART
These two sections kind of speak for themselves. If you have any fan fiction you've written, or art you've produced yourself and are happy to share it/have it featured on the site, get in touch.

REVIEWS - of episodes and of any BBC Sherlock related events you attend. Anyone who goes to anything like this or sees one of the episodes of Series 3 and wants to write their own review, or even a review of any of the episodes from Series 1 or 2, send them over to me and I'll put them on the site.

NEWS - Obviously there are lots of newspaper and magazine articles cropping up all the time, that we post links to here on the forum, but what I'm thinking of for this section would be any kind of news you've heard written about in your own words ie. not taking directly from any published article. These can be as short or as long as you like, just a couple of sentences would do fine, and it doesn't have to be all official like a newspaper either, it can be colloquial and chatty if you so desire it.

And that's basically it. The website is really going to be an extension of the forum. That's the plan so far. I need it to be sufficiently different from say something like Sherlockology, in order for it to stand out as a decent and original Sherlock site, so I won't be posting locations or props or costumes or anything like that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 3, 2013 11:55 am  #2

Re: Help with bbcsherlock.com

^^^ Bumping this topic so more people can read it who might have missed it first time around! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 3, 2013 12:09 pm  #3

Interesting idea, Boss. I've written only one short fanfic so far but you may put it up there. I'll post a link to this thread in the members fanfic thread as well. 

"Flatmates - a drama in three acts"
http://archiveofourown.org/works/677237
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8874356/1/Flatmates-a-drama-in-three-acts

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 3, 2013 2:34 pm  #4

Um, but the look of this site, where we can see all the forum parts, is not going to change, I hope?
Blame it on my hard school day that I'm so slow at thinking at the moment, but I can't quite imagine the result... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

June 3, 2013 3:14 pm  #5

I'm still (more than) willing to share my fanfics.

BTW, just yesterday I've been wondering how to call it when you post something just to bring the threat up on the "recent post" list. Thanks, Boss!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 3, 2013 3:36 pm  #6

Mary Me wrote:

Um, but the look of this site, where we can see all the forum parts, is not going to change, I hope?
Blame it on my hard school day that I'm so slow at thinking at the moment, but I can't quite imagine the result... 

No, the forum part of the site will be absolutely identical. Don't worry. 

June 3, 2013 4:41 pm  #7

When you post something just to move a thread back up on the recent post is called 'bumping'. Sometimes people will just write that...BUMP!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 3, 2013 6:35 pm  #8

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Mary Me wrote:

No, the forum part of the site will be absolutely identical. Don't worry. 

Then I'm looking forward to the update! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

June 13, 2013 1:19 am  #9

Hi!
I've been away for a while and I don't know what the icons next to the threads in the index mean. Explain, please?
Thanks.

June 13, 2013 4:34 am  #10

You mean those little crowns (some say: duck feet)? They just show that there are new posts in the respective threads since your last visit. They now replace the little looking glasses from earlier forum days.

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

Board footera