BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 28, 2013 12:08 am  #1

Could Moriarty have gotten the 007 Information without Irene

I've been wondering this.  It was all about the game and having Irene play the Holmes boys was probably a lot more fun for him than just getting it himself.  He changed his mind about killing Sherlock and John right after Irene called saying she had the snippet of the email.  He pondered and said "wrong day to die" My guess is because Irene gave him a way to keep his game going. I also wonder if Irene was going to be in danger from Moriary when Sherlock figured out the Sherlocked passcode to her phone.  He said he'd make her rich if she had what she said she had and "make her into shoes" if she did not.  Making her rich didn't necessarily mean paying her himself, but possibly setting up Mycroft so she could blackmail him and be the "dominatrix who brought a nation to it's knees."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
Whoa.  Sherlock was quoting Spock who was quoting Sherlock....Mind blown!!

April 28, 2013 9:43 am  #2

Re: Could Moriarty have gotten the 007 Information without Irene

Hello! Interesting thread.

Could Moriarty have gotten the 007 Information without Irene?
I suppose he could. After all, he's a consulting criminal. No, he was just using Irene to get to Sherlock. Sherlock has managed to decipher the code within five seconds so actually Moriarty was not really rely on his help. I agree with you - that was all part of his game and definitely more fun for him.

I also wonder if Irene was going to be in danger from Moriary when Sherlock figured out the Sherlocked passcode to her phone. 
Definitely. However, it was not necessary for Moriarty to look for her, because after all, she had enough enemies that would do it for him. He does so reluctantly dirty his hands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

April 28, 2013 10:01 am  #3

Mary Me wrote:

Hello! Interesting thread.

Could Moriarty have gotten the 007 Information without Irene?
I suppose he could. After all, he's a consulting criminal. No, he was just using Irene to get to Sherlock. Sherlock has managed to decipher the code within five seconds so actually Moriarty was not really rely on his help. I agree with you - that was all part of his game and definitely more fun for him.

I think he (or Irene) had already deciphered the code.  The whole point was to set up Sherlock and Mycroft for an embarrassing fall, so they had to know what was in the message beforehand.

I also wonder if Irene was going to be in danger from Moriary when Sherlock figured out the Sherlocked passcode to her phone. 
Definitely. However, it was not necessary for Moriarty to look for her, because after all, she had enough enemies that would do it for him. He does so reluctantly dirty his hands.

And Moriarty got exactly what he wanted - Sherlock obligingly deciphered the message, Irene sent it to Moriarty (or sent the news that the code was broken), and he told the terrorists that the code was broken.  He doesn't care, from that point out, what happens to Irene or her phone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: OK...That was ridiculous. That was the most ridiculous thing...I've ever done.
Sherlock: And you invaded Afghanistan.
John: That wasn't *just* me.

April 28, 2013 10:08 am  #4

erunyauve wrote:

And Moriarty got exactly what he wanted - Sherlock obligingly deciphered the message, Irene sent it to Moriarty (or sent the news that the code was broken), and he told the terrorists that the code was broken.  He doesn't care, from that point out, what happens to Irene or her phone.

Hm, I think she would have been in danger from Moriarty if she hadn't had enough enemies to finish her off. Moriarty would not let her live after she failed, I suppose. But not sure of that. Whatever, actually it isn't relevant. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

Board footera