BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 22, 2013 12:25 pm  #861

Re: The game is on again (OFFICIAL NEWS ONLY PLEASE)

Well, the peace lily and the purple and the doves of peace could all signify a funeral rather than a wedding.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 22, 2013 12:30 pm  #862

Who chooses purple for his/her wedding? Purple is the colour of feminism. What about the small book under the bow?

Last edited by Be (April 22, 2013 12:31 pm)

April 22, 2013 12:34 pm  #863

yk, purple-I'm never sure whether to mention this but it has strong colour identification within th LGBT community. Which is pretty sharp on its colour coding in general.

When people mention the PSSS (have I got that right?) I'm always thinking...hmmmm.....purple.... That seems appropriate.

Last edited by beekeeper (April 22, 2013 12:34 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sherlock Holmes "The question is, has she been working on something deadlier than a rabbit?"
John Watson : "To be fair, that is quite a wide field"

The Hounds of Baskerville

April 22, 2013 12:35 pm  #864

So it could be Harry's wedding? Or … ?  
This looks like a place card to me. On an elegant plate. So he's invited to a wedding. Don't know about the present, though. Could be a jewellery box. Or something totally different. Bunch of teases, all of them. 

Last edited by SusiGo (April 22, 2013 1:05 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 22, 2013 1:58 pm  #865

OMG IT'S A FREAKING WEDDING!!! lksdjgkjdsklgjskdjgkdjsgkj

That's definitely a place marker at a wedding table. And people who are getting married (at least in the UK) often get their guests small gifts, especially if they're playing an important part in the ceremony (LIKE BEST MAN PERHAPS!!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 22, 2013 2:06 pm  #866

yeah it says best man to me

the only thing is that I don't think I've ever been at a wedding where the gifts are on the table, they normally seem to be handed out toward the end. Favours, yes, they are often on the table, but this seems more like a best man gift I agree.

It does mean that Sherlock is unlikely to be getting married.

I dunno, I'll be surprised if we are all wrong on this one. The thing is, it IS canon who gets married and who to.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sherlock Holmes "The question is, has she been working on something deadlier than a rabbit?"

April 22, 2013 2:07 pm  #867

It COULD be a funeral...but it would be unusual to have place settings and gifts at a funeral, no? 

April 22, 2013 2:17 pm  #868

It looks a bit too cheerful for a funeral, and yeah, they don't normally do place settings and gifts. Even at a wake, people normally just turn up and get drunk without too much ceremony.

We know that one of the clues is "wedding" anyway and this certainly seems to hint that it might be John's after all. I honestly can't imagine Sherlock getting invited to anyone else's wedding, I mean really, who would want Sherlock at a wedding??? And he wouldn't go. He wouldn't go to anyone's but John's, or unless John forced him, or if it was for a case, but then he wouldn't be receving a gift etc if it was just for a case.

By the way, I really hope it's not cuff links or a tie pin because he's not going to be happy.

April 22, 2013 2:25 pm  #869

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 22, 2013 3:06 pm  #870

Yes, I'll stick to that idea from now on! 

I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

April 22, 2013 3:16 pm  #871

Errr.... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

April 22, 2013 3:33 pm  #872

Hehe....
But.... Sherlock's seat at John's wedding....? Maybe?

No. It's just me being so dramatic sometimes. John wouldn't, would he?

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

April 22, 2013 3:35 pm  #873

Not sure if Sue would be so obvious. They're a bunch of teases, all of them. But of course you have this wedding in canon. Anyway, I prefer this version by far. 

April 22, 2013 3:55 pm  #874

well that is some theory indeed 

I mean the other alternative is a prizegiving or something. Or a kick-ass funeral I guess. But you really do not have place settings and presents at funerals usually, unless its a plot device.

Whose wedding could Sherlock be invited to? I guess, Mycroft's, Lestrades, Mrs H's and John of course.

I still think its really unusual to have a present given like this at a wedding, rather than presented. It makes me wonder if the present itself is a clue.

Oh and the card, I dunno, I think its odd. Is it me or is it one big bird and two little ones? What's that about?

Last edited by beekeeper (April 22, 2013 3:56 pm)

April 22, 2013 4:03 pm  #875

Presumably that's the sign of three!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 22, 2013 4:09 pm  #876

You mean the sign of four?
And: why?

April 22, 2013 4:18 pm  #877

oh yes BB. Nice.

Ok I am not up on my birds. However the larger bird looks a little like either a bird of prey or an unusually large magpie or something. And the other two, smaller birds, are purple. Either that or, if you squint a bit, its not two birds but a (small) dragon being ridden. What can be the significance of this, I wonder? (aside from that I am avoiding work madly)

April 22, 2013 4:22 pm  #878

Ah, stupid me. Of course. "Why don't people just think?" 

April 22, 2013 4:57 pm  #879

Oh my God, Sign of Three! Obvious!

April 22, 2013 5:02 pm  #880

They're really clever. 

Board footera