BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 7, 2013 5:20 pm  #21

Re: Forum's 1st Birthday Party

Russell - these have to be the gourmet highlights of the day!

And now for something completely different - simple pleasures:
John's German beer (alkohol-free, of course!) and Sherlock's Quavers:

Last edited by tobeornot221b (February 7, 2013 5:21 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 7, 2013 5:26 pm  #22

Brilliant!!
And some flags for the English-German reunion? 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

February 7, 2013 5:37 pm  #23

Mattlocked wrote:

Brilliant!!
And some flags for the English-German reunion?

A reunion would make a crazy flag, wouldn't it?
I'm not sure if there's one nation out there in the big wide world  which wanted to be united with us...

Last edited by tobeornot221b (February 7, 2013 5:38 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 7, 2013 8:20 pm  #24

I've been here less than a month myself but this forum has become indispensable to me! It is by far the nicest, funniest, coziest, bestest of the Sherlock forums!

Many happy returns!

Last edited by biscuitbear (February 7, 2013 8:21 pm)

February 7, 2013 8:25 pm  #25

Wow, this is brilliant guys! Thanks for all your birthday wishes. I knew it was coming up soon but honestly had no idea so good job Davina for spotting that one!

The whole reason I started this forum in the first place was because in the aftermath of Reichenbach, I desperately wanted people online to talk to about Sherlock and in particular, swap Fall theories! And when I did a google search for a Sherlock forum, I was amazed when I couldn't find one...so, I decided I had to start one...and here we are!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 7, 2013 8:40 pm  #26

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Wow, this is brilliant guys! Thanks for all your birthday wishes. I knew it was coming up soon but honestly had no idea so good job Davina for spotting that one!

The whole reason I started this forum in the first place was because in the aftermath of Reichenbach, I desperately wanted people online to talk to about Sherlock and in particular, swap Fall theories! And when I did a google search for a Sherlock forum, I was amazed when I couldn't find one...so, I decided I had to start one...and here we are!

... which was the best decision you could make!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

February 7, 2013 9:52 pm  #27

SusiGo wrote:

Gosh, they're amazing! Thanks for spending so much time in the kitchen, Russell. 

Daww...  thank you!!

I know!  I know!  I've been in the kitchen all dang night for you guys… I'm glad you appreciate it!!         

Here's a few more!  (sorry, I can't help myself!)   

(can buy that one here:  http://www.janeasher.com/bespokeask.php?item=1019&title=The%20Sherlock%20Birthday !)

And for those of us cross-fans:

(made by http://doctorwhobaking.wordpress.com)

Hmmm.   After gorging on all that cake, think we need drinks, too.  Someone else already got the beers....  propose a toast??    ^_~

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

February 7, 2013 10:11 pm  #28

The secone one seems to be a wedding cake. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 7, 2013 10:14 pm  #29

SusiGo wrote:

The secone one seems to be a wedding cake. 

Wedding? Looks more like divorce to me...

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 7, 2013 10:22 pm  #30

Yes, it would be nicer if they looked at each other. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 7, 2013 10:32 pm  #31

(tosses sheet and joins party)...  Happy Birthday Forum!!

February 7, 2013 11:09 pm  #32

For those who don't know, I wrote a song about some of the people on this board not long after I registered here. Until someone comes up with something else, I say let this be the theme song of this board and I'll just post the link here to celebrate this 1st year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlYJOCf50d8&feature=youtube_gdata

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

February 7, 2013 11:16 pm  #33

How lovely! I want to hear more of this 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

February 7, 2013 11:29 pm  #34

Thank you, Harriet. That's very nice of you.

I don't want to steal the thunder of this birthday topic so if someone wants to comment on the "Ditty", check out the topic I made for it in the past. I just wanted to put the song out there since there are lots of new users here since then.

PS. I'll write a sequel and include anyone's name in it who pays me good money.

Last edited by Dramagod (February 7, 2013 11:31 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

February 7, 2013 11:33 pm  #35

(Right - but a birthday might be an occasion for an update  )

- after your edit I might think it over, though 

Last edited by Harriet (February 7, 2013 11:34 pm)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

February 7, 2013 11:44 pm  #36

All the contributions to the birthday party are just amazing!  Everyone here is so talented and creative. I wish I had something fun to add, but all I can share are my sincere feelings.  I just want to say that finding this "Baby" has been one of the best things that has happened to me in recent years.  My job is a stessful grind, so being able to come here and be part of this fun community is often the highlight of my day. It's wonderful to be able to share my passion for this show with friends who feel likewise.  And soon I will be meeting some of these new friends in person!  In London! It's all so amazing and brilliant and fine - and any other adjective you want to add!   Thank you and happy birthday!

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

February 8, 2013 2:58 am  #37

NoSheetSherlock wrote:

(tosses sheet and joins party)...  Happy Birthday Forum!!

All......right..... then!         I'll drink/toast to that!   
(on the other hand, if NS is taking off his sheet already, maybe they've had a leeetle more than enough to drink!)  ;D  ;D  This handsome gentleman recommends something a tad..... calmer.... like tea!   (with your cake, of course) 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

February 8, 2013 5:03 am  #38

Also…..  Oh, wow….  this is actually hilariously perfect timing!!

So, back when I was sharing some top favorites in the Fan Art thread with you guys, of wonderfully rendered pics, there was another artist named Leelakin (http://leelakin.com) who's stuff I really really liked.  She's just so neat with her well-done accurate style of the boy's expressions, and typically quirky moments with.  Didn't want to post too much right away and spam everyone, and, being as it was a slow thread and wasn't sure how much interest there was based on replies to it, I forgot to get around to posting her stuff.
Well, now that we're 'partying' with cake an' all, one of her pictures is perfect to include here!   ^_^

February 8, 2013 5:57 am  #39

That's amazing - a funny one to start my day with!

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 8, 2013 7:00 am  #40

tobeornot221b wrote:

That's amazing - a funny one to start my day with!

Oh, her stuff is wonderful!!  ;D  ;D   The nicely-decent sketchiness, the down-pat expressions and humorous moments shown….  couldn't help self and went to put a couple others of hers in Fan Art that I meant to….  hope you like, too!

Board footera