BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 4, 2012 8:33 am  #1

Books that can't wait.

What do you think about this?

Fascinating.... but same time horror.
Shelves full of empty pages..... Time pressure even when reading.... OMG

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 4, 2012 11:21 am  #2

Re: Books that can't wait.

Mixed feelings about this. I rarely get rid of books because I never know when I might want to go back to read them again someday...sometimes I do just that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 5, 2012 12:37 am  #3

Yeah I'm the same. I like to be able to read a book over and over and over. I understand the idea that without sales an author can't write another book but at the same time I'd be pretty shitty if they were charging the same as a regular book for one that is essentially a loan.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

October 5, 2012 7:31 am  #4

Fine, the idea is that people are forced to read a book right after they've bought it. Well, this book you receive covered in plastic and nothing will happen to it unless you open it. So people still can keep it in their shelves for months our years without reading it..... 

Then again, I usually don't buy a book when I don't intend to read it during the following weeks.
Hubby does so sometimes... "Collecting" books.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 15, 2012 1:19 am  #5

Woah, that is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. Is this real?

Board footera