BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 12, 2024 7:02 pm  #21

Re: Eurovision 2024 Malmö

That's cool that you got to see them live. I can't remember, did you go to one of these last year, too? Or did you just watch the pre-parties online?

Wiwibloggs posted the videos, so I've started taking a look at some of the ones you mentioned. "Doomsday Blue" isn't really my cup of tea, but she is an energetic performer.
"We Will Rave" kind of sounds to me like something from Dance Dance Revolution. Not really my favourite style. 
I think I will look up another version of "Ulveham" because I'm not sure the audio quality of this performance is the best, but the song went in a direction I wasn't expecting.
Not sure about "The Tower" as a song yet but I think her voice is not bad, but it does sound off at times in this performance, as you mentioned.
I listened to "Mon Amour" and I noticed it was partly in French, then he seemed to switch to English near the end (I had trouble making out the lyrics, though). I like it when he sings in the higher notes. I think I will look up another version of this one, too.
"Rim Tim Tagi Dim" is kind of fun. I can see how this could get an audience excited and having fun.

Clueing for looks.

April 12, 2024 8:31 pm  #22

I only watched online last year! So this is the first time I've been to one. I'm really glad I went but it was very expensive (by my standards) especially when paying for a central London hotel, train, etc. and there were train strikes. It seemed badly organised and ended up running about two hours late. They also ran out of water, so with queueing as well we were standing for about eight hours with no water (and no food or breaks). It was very hot and people were fainting. I think tickets were from about £100 to over £600! (I think the very expensive tickets did get food and a seat).

I've watched the wiwibloggs videos and they feel kind of odd as they don't seem to include the audience reactions. Or maybe it was just me being at the front, but there was a lot of singing along, for instance with Doomsday Blue (everyone singing "I, I, I know you're living a lie"). Or the cheering when Slimane came back to the mic after his acapella bit!  It's more obvious in this clip from a TV performance the other day:

I don't think I've mentioned Denmark, Moldova, Luxembourg. They didn't stand out for me, although all performed well. Albania, Spain and Serbia were supposed to be performing but couldn't make it which was a shame.

April 16, 2024 3:27 pm  #23

That sounds like quite an odyssey to get there! That's too bad that there was a confluence of problems/challenges. I hope the people who fainted are OK now. That does sound kind of expensive, though I suppose some concerts go for a lot more than that.

Clueing for looks.

Board footera