BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 20, 2023 5:39 pm  #1

Lot No. 249

I just saw this press release about an adaptation of a Doyle story that Mark is involved in, as well as a Lucy Worsley documentary that is about Doyle called Killing Sherlock. They usually air her docs on PBS but I don't know if Lot 249 will be aired here though I am curious about it, too
https://www.bbc.com/mediacentre/2023/killing-sherlock-lucy-worsley-on-the-case-of-conan-doyle

Clueing for looks.

October 21, 2023 11:10 am  #2

Re: Lot No. 249

This looks great, thank you! ACD seems to be quite an interesting character himself. For somebody so grounded in science it does seem strange that he turned to spritualism, and also I think believed in the very obviously fake fairy photo hoax. I suppose losing a child is such an unbearably awful thing, it's going to affect people's outlook in different ways.
Vaguely on topic, I went to a Halloween attraction last night that was supposed to be very scary, and although I had a fantastic time, the focus was on jump scares and gore, and I was longing for a bit more suspense and ghostly happenings. So looking forward to a nice old-fashioned story! I haven't read that one

Board footera