BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 8, 2017 12:36 pm  #41

Re: POLL: Your first impression (pre TLD and TFP!)

I love her Sherlock episode and think she did a darn good job with a lot of difficult and complicated material.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 8, 2017 1:10 pm  #42

Liberty wrote:

It's a shame - is there really criticism because she's female.  I thought she did a wonderful job on Doctor Who, and as I keep saying, she directed my favourite Doctor Who episode by far.  I liked what she did with this, mostly.

She did Heaven Sent, din't she? That was unbelievably close to perfection. In my opinion, one of the best Dr. Who episodes to date.

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

January 8, 2017 4:28 pm  #43

Yes, she did!  I enjoy watching Doctor Who, but in no way obsessed, except for that episode, which I watched over and over again.  Credit to Moffat and Capaldi and everybody else involved of course, too, but I think to direct the best Doctor Who episode in the history of time is quite an achievement!

It just occurred to me that that story was built around an old story/fable too. 

Board footera