BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 18, 2016 8:06 pm  #541

Re: Fanfics from forum members

Un-mum-friendly material is just what I'll need. I'll be sleeping there so I'll be sure to be alone xD

Oh Lily to answer that... I always want more of a good thing. I will need more what ever you say! 

Also, I forgot to mention I posted chapter 2 of 'Just Say Yes'... I've written several chapters ahead... but I'm trying to post one per week 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 18, 2016 8:17 pm  #542

Ha, so we're on the same page then: it needs more.

As for chapter 2 of 'Just Say Yes', I'll read it right after I finish Whipped, promise. Or after Sherlock (SiB) is finished (unless I start watching HoB after^^)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

August 18, 2016 8:22 pm  #543

No rush, Lily! Whipped can be a bit of a mouthful I suppose... and I do know how it is with Sherlock. It's like popcorn. You can't just have one. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 20, 2016 5:30 am  #544

Lilythiell wrote:

Chapter XIII of Hindrance is up. While it is not intended as the last chapter, it fits. I would say the fic is complete but I feel like leaving something...incomplete. I'm trying to write another chapter, one that would make it all better but it's so BLOODY hard.
The story only needs a final chapter/epilogue to be really and truly complete although the end of chapter XIII works. Not enough for my taste, but it does.
I will write that final chapter/epilogue later on but I suspect I need to take a break (hopefully only a few days) to be able to overcome that slight...problem.

I apologise to everyone for letting you down on this one even if only temporarily.
There's a good thing to be considered though : I'm now officially back reading fics

I have just read chapter 13 and also feel like there is something missing. Would you like to discuss it via pm?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 20, 2016 6:44 pm  #545

Vhanja, I finally had a chance to read yours. I really enjoyed it, and I was glad to find how you described the effects on the mind etc! I hope you write much more in the future! You have a knack for it! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

August 20, 2016 6:50 pm  #546

Thank you very much for your comment - and your lovely comment on my fic as well (just got a note by e-mail). I really loved your comment, and thank you so much for thinking I described it well!

And, yes, as mentioned, I have two more fics in the series coming. Which won't be just "more of the same", there will be progression and more emotional deep-diving into the psyche of the both of them. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

August 20, 2016 6:54 pm  #547

I'll look forward to them! I always appreciate people who can go a bit deeper!

Happy writing!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

August 20, 2016 7:21 pm  #548

Oooh yes, Vhanja! Can't wait for the new installments!
Thank you again for sharing!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

August 24, 2016 2:44 pm  #549

I hope you do write more Lily!

I've posted chapter 3 of 'Just Say Yes'... so far it's pretty tame... but as always with my stories; my tags are meant to be taken as warnings. 

http://archiveofourown.org/works/7753291/chapters/17942986

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

September 1, 2016 7:16 pm  #550

I just updated with chapter 4... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

September 6, 2016 6:08 pm  #551

Hi, I've a page of works on Ao3  http://archiveofourown.org/users/Meretricious/works

There is a kid Sherlock in past which goes forward in to the future so you can wear slash goggles in the future part if you like fluffy "Redbeard: The one about adhesion."
"The Curtain Rises" is a sequel to "Going In Deep" (casefic and slash)
"The Lady in Red: Not Johnlock Edition" is loosely based on the Series 4 trailer 1 and one or two setlock images so may be spoilery for some. Casefic.
"The Lady In Red" is slash and casefic and is loosely based on same as above.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We solve crimes, I blog about it and he forgets his pants, so I wouldn’t hold out too much hope. (Scandal in Belgravia)

I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead..........I heard you.(The Empty Hearse)

September 6, 2016 8:40 pm  #552

I needed an excuse to get back into creative writing, so I thought I would try my hand at ficwriting too. My first, in progress: The Cat and the Fox

"John isn't sure how it happens. Is he sleepwalking? Does someone bring him here? Or is this some kind of recurring dream?
The setting is always the same. The people never talk to him. Then one day he meets a fox, and together they begin to unravel the mystery of the Masquerade.
John only hopes the fox is clever enough to free them of the nightmare before they both wind up dead.
Don't eat the cheese."

-Explicit
-AU (Canon divergence/alternate meeting)
-Unwilling drug use
-Memory alteration
-Eventual Johnlock, but may not happen in this story (I have a series planned)
-Unfinished but fully outlined, posting a few times a week
-Two chapters currently up, probably posting Ch3 tomorrow

Would love to get some beta readers, if anyone's interested. Lemme know here or there.

Last edited by GimmeCat (September 6, 2016 8:41 pm)

Doomsteady on AO3 & Tumblr

September 10, 2016 8:49 am  #553

I posted part 5 of 'Just Say Yes' the other day... the next chapter is going to be pretty tough, but so far it's still tame stuff... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

September 15, 2016 4:40 pm  #554

I just added chapter 7

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

So... I went on a writing spree... and here it is. 

'Just Say Yes' chapter one; 

http://archiveofourown.org/works/7753291/chapters/17678932 

Thinking she found her way out of an abusive relation the woman finds herself growing dependent on the man she met at the bar that night...
That man who seems all too perfect.

What she doesn't know is that she is nothing but a case to him.Sherlock Holmes soon finds himself in an emotional dilemma... 

Remember to take my tags as warnings. This is a bit of a dark one; watch out for chapter 6 so far. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

September 17, 2016 2:10 am  #555

The Cat and the Fox is still going steady. Ch 8 went up yesterday. Still seeking beta readership because our lovely ukaunz is on holiday and can no longer hold my hand!

September 17, 2016 5:33 am  #556

Our wonderful Secret Santa Fic Exchange is still looking for participants. You still have two weeks to enlist. Anybody interested? It's great fun!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

September 21, 2016 6:11 pm  #557

Um. So. This just sort of happened. Fair warning: PWP. Complete and utter smutty smut-smut.

I regret nothing.

Brought Offline - Doomsteady - Sherlock (TV) [Archive of Our Own]

-------

Edit: And here's something else, still smutty but more of a story to it. Less gratuitous. John and Sherlock have a very... unusual relationship. I'm stupidly in love with this one, and have ideas for at least 2 more installments in the series. The first one is mainly an introduction.

Spotlights

Last edited by GimmeCat (September 23, 2016 7:46 pm)

September 27, 2016 7:58 pm  #558

I've now made my fic into a series, and part 2 is now up! 

The Power of Surrender

"Months have passed since Sherlock and John's first foray into BDSM, and things have progressed. Sherlock is yet again challenged, as their journey into the depths of intimacy, control and surrender takes another step forward."

I've added more tags to this story, so people can know a bit more what type of fic it is and decide if they want to read it or not. 

This will be a trilogy. The third and last story is already planned out in my head, and will deal with John and how he will deal with the issues of control and intimacy. He is quite different from Sherlock, and has his own demons. 

(And I haven't forgotten about you guys's stories, just working to get my own plot bunnies out of my system before sitting down and reading yours).

Last edited by Vhanja (September 27, 2016 8:00 pm)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

September 27, 2016 10:22 pm  #559

Just read through them both, Vhanja. Gotta love those BDSM fics! :D

You mentioned in the notes of the first one you were a bit rusty, and I could definitely tell you warmed up along the way. I noticed a big improvement in the second one, too. But there were a few errors (simple stuff; punctuation, spelling) that were a bit distracting.

Do you have anyone to beta your stories? I'd be happy to assist, if you're keen. Lord knows I wish I had more beta readers for mine (though ukaunz does an amazing job all by herself!)

September 28, 2016 4:49 am  #560

Thank you! I would love it if you would beta for me. I just didn't want to ask, as I figured it might be hard to find anyone wanting to beta those kind of stories.

And, yeah, I'm aware that there are a few in the first one, and so I worked to improve the second one. Glad it's noticeable, even if there are still some errors.

Edit: I've edited some of the comma errors, I spotted them myself now. Or at least some of them. I really struggle with where to put commas and periods in dialogue!

Last edited by Vhanja (September 28, 2016 7:50 am)

Team Hudders!

Board footera