BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 14, 2016 8:22 am  #481

Re: Fanfics from forum members

Wonderful news, Schmiezi! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 14, 2016 2:41 pm  #482

Go Schmiezi !

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 14, 2016 10:33 pm  #483

Thank you. (Please imagine the blushing emoji here. Can't use them when posting from my mobile.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

May 16, 2016 10:01 am  #484

*shuffles feet*  I finally broke my writing block and wrote something longer than a 221B or a drabble!

Title: Don’t call me Bill. Or William. Or any other version of the name.

Word count: 7212
Rating: Teen And Up Audiences
Category: M/M
Relationships: Sherlock Holmes & John Watson, Sherlock Holmes/John Watson
Warnings/Tags: Childhood and teenage bullying and taunting, Unpleasant experience in an asylum, Separation, Pining, back together again, Romance, First Kiss, Positive ending (bring your own confetti), Also there's a bit of whump (but not at the same time as the confetti)

Summary: Five times Sherlock hated his name, and one time when he didn’t. William Sherlock Scott Holmes’ relationship with – and dislike of – his own name throughout the years.

On AO3 or Livejournal.

May 16, 2016 2:34 pm  #485

Ariane DeVere wrote:

*shuffles feet* I finally broke my writing block and wrote something longer than a 221B or a drabble!

Warnings/Tags: Childhood and teenage bullying and taunting, Unpleasant experience in an asylum, Separation, Pining, back together again, Romance, First Kiss, Positive ending (bring your own confetti), Also there's a bit of whump (but not at the same time as the confetti)

Summary: Five times Sherlock hated his name, and one time when he didn’t. William Sherlock Scott Holmes’ relationship with – and dislike of – his own name throughout the years.

On AO3 or Livejournal.

Just read and added my kudos.  That was just wonderful.  I teared up in a couple of places but I laughed a lot too.
This line in particular made me giggle madly.
"“I would have thought it was obvious,” Sherlock said airily, while calculating three different escape routes from the flat in case John finally lost it, one of which involved diving head first into the unlit fireplace and shinning up the chimney. “I’m going undercover.”"

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

May 16, 2016 5:19 pm  #486

That sounds great, Arianne. I'll start reading it tonight.

The last chapter of Not Broken is online now, btw. It feels a bit strange after two years of writing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 16, 2016 5:26 pm  #487

Reading yours now Schmiezi darling.  Slow day at work!  Don't tell on me! 

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

May 17, 2016 6:30 am  #488

Ariane DeVere wrote:

*shuffles feet*  I finally broke my writing block and wrote something longer than a 221B or a drabble!

AO3 or Livejournal.

Read it and left a comment on AO3. Well done! :-)

May 17, 2016 7:20 am  #489

Ariane DeVere wrote:

On AO3 or Livejournal.

Read it and oh this is so sweet and perfect Well done!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

May 18, 2016 1:44 pm  #490

tonnaree wrote:

This line in particular made me giggle madly.
"“I would have thought it was obvious,” Sherlock said airily, while calculating three different escape routes from the flat in case John finally lost it, one of which involved diving head first into the unlit fireplace and shinning up the chimney. “I’m going undercover.”"

Thank you for quoting that line!  It was one of those 'came out of nowhere' lines that even made me giggle!

And thanks to everyone for your kind comments.

May 18, 2016 11:43 pm  #491

Read it, loved it!  Also followed your author's note to "Unrepentant" by squire and that is brilliant, too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

May 19, 2016 12:17 pm  #492

Oh, great!  I'm really glad that Unrepentant is getting some more readers, because it really is so bloody clever!

May 19, 2016 2:58 pm  #493

Extremely clever!  Everything is twisted around and upside down and yet it works perfectly.  Great read.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

May 23, 2016 8:47 pm  #494

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

I can't sleep... so I decided on splitting up this fic into 3 parts and post the one tonight. 

It's my first venture into Johnlock terretory and I do also warn that it is a sickfic. 

"Abstinence Is Not Immortality"

AO3 ,FanFiction.Net

I finally posted the 4th and final chapter... 'All Hearts Are Broken'... 

I haven't really been able to write for months due to my health situation... It's such a relief! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 5, 2016 9:23 pm  #495

I finished this one tonight... I needed to get a few things off of my chest... and decided to turn it into fiction instead.

The Letter

"
Sherlock reads a rather sad letter and learns a shocking truth

"

AO3   -  Fanfiction.net

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 5, 2016 10:31 pm  #496

Kudos

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

July 1, 2016 7:45 am  #497

*breathes deeply before taking the plunge*

Apart from writing blatantly explicit Holmescest (yes, my totally not so secret vice) and continuously tinkering with my Sherlock Holmes autobiography I also love writing gen casefics. This one I submitted for this summer's round of Holmestice at LJ. I'd love to hear your opinion.

The Cuttleknowle Curse 
http://archiveofourown.org/works/7057939

Summary:
“That’s enough,” John said, putting down his cup a little more forcefully than he intended. Even his patience had its limits and any comparison with Mycroft meant Sherlock came dangerously close to crossing that line. “If you’ve solved the case from the comfort of our sofa I’ll be happy to text Iorwerth the outcome. If not, I’d like to text him we’ll be on the first train tomorrow. A murder and a kidnapping to boot. If it had been anyone else you’d be leaping about shouting Christmas had come early.”

Notes:
Many thanks to the wonderful SwissMiss and lovely ukaunz for an incredibly fast, efficient and encouraging beta! Thank you, ladies.

Last edited by dioscureantwins (July 1, 2016 7:49 am)

July 1, 2016 8:36 am  #498

I can definitely recommend The Cuttleknowle Curse, it's a fantastic adventure with a bit of horror, plenty of humour and a lot of fun. You captured Sherlock and John's characters perfectly, and your original characters were very well drawn too. The language you used in the story is fascinating, I am so envious of your style! I also loved your descriptions of the Devon scenery and the mysterious Cuttleknowle estate. It's one of the most original fanfics I've read

I'd just like to take this moment to promote the Midyear Fic Exchange going on over here. You don't have to be a participant to read and enjoy these fics, and we'd love some more feedback

Last edited by ukaunz (July 1, 2016 9:08 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 1, 2016 10:48 am  #499

ukaunz wrote:

It's one of the most original fanfics I've read

I'd just like to take this moment to promote the Midyear Fic Exchange going on over here. You don't have to be a participant to read and enjoy these fics, and we'd love some more feedback

Thank you so much. *blushes*  I'd like to add your enthusiasm really helped me in writing the fic.

And I do so hope more people will come over to read and comment at the exchange.

Last edited by dioscureantwins (July 1, 2016 5:28 pm)

July 1, 2016 12:54 pm  #500

dioscureantwins wrote:

*breathes deeply before taking the plunge*

Apart from writing blatantly explicit Holmescest (yes, my totally not so secret vice) and continuously tinkering with my Sherlock Holmes autobiography I also love writing gen casefics. This one I submitted for this summer's round of Holmestice at LJ. I'd love to hear your opinion.

The Cuttleknowle Curse 
http://archiveofourown.org/works/7057939

Summary:
“That’s enough,” John said, putting down his cup a little more forcefully than he intended. Even his patience had its limits and any comparison with Mycroft meant Sherlock came dangerously close to crossing that line. “If you’ve solved the case from the comfort of our sofa I’ll be happy to text Iorwerth the outcome. If not, I’d like to text him we’ll be on the first train tomorrow. A murder and a kidnapping to boot. If it had been anyone else you’d be leaping about shouting Christmas had come early.”

Notes:
Many thanks to the wonderful SwissMiss and lovely ukaunz for an incredibly fast, efficient and encouraging beta! Thank you, ladies.

This seems fantastic. When I´ll be back from holiday, I definitely check it out!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

Board footera