BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 4, 2016 8:04 am  #361

Re: Jeremy Brett Picture Thread

The Greek interpreter:

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 5, 2016 12:28 am  #362

Powerful Scene! It shows how good the acting was in this series 

May 5, 2016 1:06 am  #363

May 5, 2016 1:10 am  #364

From The Bruce Partington Plans
"I knew you would not shrink at the last"

Last edited by BrettHolmes (May 5, 2016 1:13 am)

May 5, 2016 11:32 am  #365

Great scenes! Especially that with the tablecloth is unforgetable.

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 6, 2016 7:18 am  #366

May 6, 2016 9:12 am  #367

Will we see a similar scene in Sherlock?

May 6, 2016 9:47 am  #368

Quite a moving scene and momentous for the character, but all I was thinking about was the little kid who'll dig it up with a spade while making sand castles 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 6, 2016 9:57 am  #369

It was just shallowly buried. There was a high tide overnight and the waves carried it far away into the depths of the ocean.

(Beautiful beach, btw. I wonder which one it is.)

May 7, 2016 2:59 am  #370

Yeah, that is a classic scene. The episode takes place in Cornwall, so it must be on some beach on its coastline. 

May 9, 2016 1:52 pm  #371

Almost successful evasion:

May 9, 2016 2:48 pm  #372

Love that moment! Colin Jeavons was a great Lestrade 

May 9, 2016 2:50 pm  #373

May 9, 2016 3:34 pm  #374

May 10, 2016 12:06 pm  #375

Wonderful Jeremy.

May 14, 2016 7:48 pm  #376

From Shoscombe Old Place 
"These are deep waters, Watson. Very deep, and very dirty"

May 17, 2016 7:07 am  #377

Not very delicious food, was it?

May 25, 2016 1:29 am  #378

A master of disguise 

May 25, 2016 6:53 am  #379

He´s great.

May 25, 2016 11:54 am  #380

Board footera