BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 25, 2016 2:49 am  #1

McCord Museum Victorian Game

So this is a number of years old by now, but it just circled back around to my attention again, and thought some of you might also get some delighted amusement out of it, if you'd never seen it.  The website of this museum has created various little simple Flash games with antique-y looking graphics letting you test your knowledge of the Victorian Period.  No Sherlock, but you can pretend!      There's also a Roaring Twenties period one, and various other little games with period knowledge:

http://www.mccord-museum.qc.ca/en/keys/games/17

Really, it's lighthearted fun with a bit of educational purpose, but not meant to be taken seriously at all!  Seriously, this little thing is ridiculous in it's tongue-in-cheek playfulness… the hilarious little gibberish voices your character speaks in, and the Monty Python-esque results if you pick the wrong answer (and I even encourage you to, if you want to see aliens, ninjas, and an angry chef!), while remaining unfailingly courteous!      Good for a momentary grin (although frustratingly, the Flash plug-in failed on several spots for me…)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

February 25, 2016 8:07 am  #2

Re: McCord Museum Victorian Game

Seems lovely, I´ll check it out.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

Board footera