BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 30, 2015 7:19 pm  #561

Re: Secret Santa Fic Exchange 2015

Yitzock wrote:

Well, now that the authors have bee revealed, I would like to thank silverblaze for the brilliant story! I don't know you as well as some other members of the forum, and I certainly had no idea you were such a good writer.

Thank you (blushes). You don't know me because I don't visit this forum very often anymore. I used to be a regular last year and the year before, but I kinda left. The secret Santa was so much fun that I came back for this. And the Spesh of course.  

December 31, 2015 2:41 pm  #562

Here we go, guys. My final comments on the remaining fics.

Well done to everyone that took part!

O Soave Fanciulla
I really enjoyed John being a heavy drinker at the beginning, I can definitely imagine that from what we've seen on screen already so it was believable. The characterisations of Sherlock & John were both excellent. Mary being Moran is one of my favourite things too ahaha. Exciting case and fast paced and well thought out. You obviously put a hell of a lot of effort and thought into this and it shows.

A Long Road
I love seeing fics with Lestrade in, and you wrote him really well. I could hear his voice in my head. You jumped back and forth between John and Sherlock's POV effectively and told the story well from each of their perspectives so to speak.

When All Is Said And Done, Only The Tardis Can Hear You Weep
I screamed at the title. A Sherlock/DW crossover, yay!! I loved it! And very self aware too, which was clever. I think Steven Moffat would enjoy this.

Playing It Close
First off - the Etihad *screams* I'm a Man City fan, so yeah. Also, the fact that they went to see Coldplay is honestly hilarious. I can kind of imagine John enjoying them though. It was a really really sweet fic. Their blossoming relationship was beautiful and realistic and heartwarming.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

December 31, 2015 2:42 pm  #563

Special thanks to mrshouse for the beautiful fic you wrote for me. Thanks again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

December 31, 2015 2:47 pm  #564

You're very welcome, boss.  It was a pleasure.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

January 6, 2016 9:45 am  #565

Schmiezi wrote:

Dear NotYourHousekeeperDear, your fic is still being written. I got the promise that it will be finished.

Dear nakahara, I don't know about your fic yet. I hope that your secret santa will contact me anytime soon to tell me what to expect.

I am so very sorry that I cannot give both of you more today.

OK 
It can´t be helped, I guess... 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 11, 2016 11:04 am  #566

thank you Schmeizi for all the hard work you put into this and thank you Solar for such a fun and entertaining emergency fic. I feel more sorry for Nakahara than myself! I hope my mystery writer is Ok and not too stressed out by life. I would love to read even an incomplete version of my story.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can always tell a good Chinese place by examining the bottom third of the door handle"

January 17, 2016 9:37 pm  #567

At one in the morning, on a Saturday night

Oh-la-la. I was kidnapped to a wonderful trip by my friends through the weekend and little did I now that such a sweet surprise would wait here for me upon my return. Happy!

Thank you so much, Dorothy, that you spent time and effort to create this story for me. I feel so humbled, so lucky and so thankfull, witnessing your kindness. I hope that it wasn´t too big a bother for you and that you enjoyed writing this story too.

I loved this story very much, both as a case fic and as a lovely Johnlock tale.

At first, let me tell you that I´m impressed how elegantly you dealt with my crazy prompt for the story. I vaguely remembered that I had such mundane things like violin and chemistry in it and I had completely forgotten that I also added such over-the-top items like Westminster Bridge and Elgin Marbles into it. Yet you managed to use every one of these in a very natural, pleasant manner and to build an ingenious, interesting scenes where these prompts were used. None of them stuck out awkwardly and every one added something new to world of your tale. Beautiful, thank you.

I loved it how the narration jumped right into a gripping action with Alexander´s jump at the beginning of the fic and how it was impossible to put the story down after that, because it immediatelly roused my curiousity and bound me down to it. Single scenes were wonderfully constructed, painting a vivid atmosphere with a few well chosen words. The case was interesting too and it was nice how a relatively simple suicide / homicide gradually and unexpectedly turned into something more serious and emotional, being a real challenge for Sherlock, for whom emotions are really not his forte. It was also wonderful how seamlessly have you intervowen Johnlock with the case at this part of the story and how you made it important to a solution of the case (which, whimsically, was both Sherlock´s failure and a success at the same time).

But the thing that got me the most was your description of Sherlock´s and John´s relationship which you originally put into those early stages when the pair already „did-the-do“ but is not used to an intimate life together yet. I don´t know how you did it, but every little gesture, every frail feeling or a fleeting moment of tenderness between these two was so convincing, so real and so touching that it almost hurt. It was sheer perfection similar to the peerless rose: so enticing to look at, with such a hypnotic scent, but stabbing you right through the heart with her thorns… thankfully, this is the pain that Johnlock readers endure gladly and with abandon.

Thank you again, unexpected Santa and thank you, Schmiezi, for organising this chain of nice gifts for me. Have a good night, both of you.

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 18, 2016 10:25 am  #568

Gosh, I'm so glad you liked it! And thank you so much for your wonderful comment - and additional comment on ao3! You're so lovely!

I had fun writing this. As I said I am not great at casefics but I enjoyed the challenge as it gave the chance to try something new! And your prompts were tricky but in a good way, made my brain work. haha.

again thanks so much for your comment! I feel so undeserving! *mwah*

January 18, 2016 10:28 am  #569

Dorothy83 wrote:

Gosh, I'm so glad you liked it! And thank you so much for your wonderful comment - and additional comment on ao3! You're so lovely!

I had fun writing this. As I said I am not great at casefics but I enjoyed the challenge as it gave the chance to try something new! And your prompts were tricky but in a good way, made my brain work. haha.

again thanks so much for your comment! I feel so undeserving! *mwah*

Believe me, you deserve every bit of it.

Board footera