BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 29, 2015 6:06 pm  #41

Re: could Sherlock have fallen for Mary

I think there are plenty in this forum who agree with you on. The writers sure made sure she did not end up as a Mary Sue (no pun intended), but as a character in a pretty dark place on the grey scale. I’m looking forward to see if /how they are going to move her towards some lighter shades. 

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    http://i.picasion.com/av/83/2rrf.jpg

December 31, 2015 8:13 am  #42

Everybody is in love with everybody in the fanon and there is support for all ships.

So really, Sherlock is in love with Mary, Molly, Janine, Irene, anybody you wish, even women! 

Although I like Mary, the same way I like Jim, I couldn't ship her and Sherlock, she's too parent-figur-y I think. They don't have that sort of chemistry, Mary is too dominant (although not the same way Irene is dominant) I don't like it, but Janine is a better female romantic candidate. I do like Janine, I just don't like the idea of Sherlock being romantic. 

December 31, 2015 8:26 am  #43

I honestly don't think it's presented to us that Sherlock falls for Mary...
But the 'official' handing over of John, well both at the wedding and on the tarmac, indicate to me that Sherlock accepts her.
They are alike, as acknowledged by John and Sherlock 'gets' Mary- more than John does.
I think he must like her, he kisses her and honestly think he would have done everything he could to drag John away, if he really didn't like her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera