BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 27, 2015 10:37 pm  #161

Re: sherlock series 4 (spoilers inside)

The funny thing is Thompson always seemed to me a bit like a phantom. I cannot remember a single panel or interview in which he participated. Wikipedia does not even have a precise birthdate. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 27, 2015 11:02 pm  #162

Ah that's right, I remember the birthday thing...I  have seen a photo of him!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 14, 2015 4:59 pm  #163

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 14, 2015 5:08 pm  #164

Appetite truly whetted!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 14, 2015 5:14 pm  #165

Our fandom will crash the internet.

Again.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 14, 2015 6:54 pm  #166

I'm greatly looking forward to this!

And knowing Moftiss, also slightly dreading it...

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 14, 2015 7:20 pm  #167

I am terribly nervous now! But that excites me! 

Do I smell heartbreak? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 14, 2015 7:22 pm  #168

Well yes, I really can't see it other than John at least losing a wife...
Or maybe I don't even want to consider it being any worse than this.

December 14, 2015 7:34 pm  #169

"Life-changing"...given that Mary's "completely turned [his] life around", there's quite a string chance of that. For John. And as series 1 and 2 were "told" from John's point of view and series 3 rom Sherlock's, I expect series 4 will be told from Sherlock's as well. In that sense, it would seem fair that it should focus on a life-changing event in John's life.
Mind you, that marriage was a life-changing event for the both of them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

December 14, 2015 7:37 pm  #170

It says quite a bit about this show when John losing his wife - and probalby his child -  seems to be the best (least horrible) scenario we can think of...

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

December 14, 2015 7:40 pm  #171

I don't really see it as having being life changing for Sherlock, well not the marriage so much...
There is no doubt that Sherlock missed John.
All he was looking forward to after Serbia, was getting home to John so they could pick up exactly where they left off.
But I believe he genuinely likes Mary and accepts she is right for John.
I think Sherlock could be as devastated as John, if Mary goes...

EDIT: sorry, Vhanja, we cross posted...
Well I couldn't bear to think of something hppening to Mycroft for instance...
But if it turns out Moriarty is ' the other  one'...I could live with!

Last edited by besleybean (December 14, 2015 7:41 pm)

December 14, 2015 7:47 pm  #172

Life changing as in John moved out of Baker Street, his best friend (no comment here) left him and left him quite shattered (say what you will, he did not get back to the drugs only "for a case").
[Of course his so-called death had quite a devastating effect on John as well, I'm not forgetting that.]

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

December 14, 2015 7:52 pm  #173

Well yes, I guess we know the heart aches of the past...
But life changing in S4...

December 14, 2015 8:02 pm  #174

Mycroft could somehow not hold such a minor position in the British government...though I don't really see how that could be life changing -for everyone.
Something involving the Holmes' family and criminal connections, maybe?

Like you, besley, I refuse to think on something...bad...happening to Mycroft.
And what if...Mrs Hudson left Baker Street...?

December 14, 2015 8:02 pm  #175

Then England would fall! Which would be life-changing for more than just Sherlock and John.

Team Hudders!

December 14, 2015 8:05 pm  #176

I don't want to think about that, why did I think about that? Now I'm imagining dreadful scenarios to explain that...

December 14, 2015 9:31 pm  #177

*Brews a nice big cup of tea for those in need*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 14, 2015 9:33 pm  #178

It's like the balloon game...
Sorry Mary, we have to ditch you over the side

December 14, 2015 9:34 pm  #179

oh, you brilliant thing!
*helps herself*

Last edited by Lilythiell (December 14, 2015 9:35 pm)

December 15, 2015 8:14 am  #180

Wasn't every series life-changing? So life-changing events in the 4 series could be that Mary dies or the baby dies or both die. John isn't the father etc.

I guess it was already mentioned in a thread here somewhere but I wonder what they (Mycroft & Co) told the public about how Magnussen died. I mean people would notice if a media mogul is gone. If Rupert Murdoch were shot (and I'm sure there are some people who would like that) the media would investigate very precisely.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

Board footera