BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 14, 2015 8:41 pm  #1

Benedict and Sophie thread

I started this thread as a celebration of that wonderful couple - Sophie Hunterr and Benedict Cumberbatch.

Unfortunately I was recently informed by the moderator of this thread that I have been posting unacceptable pictures that break the forum rules.  I was asked to remove them. Upon further investigation I found a lot of pictures that also fall into that grey area of pap photos (the leaving Hamlet photos, the Facebook photos, the Oscar party pictures, the Burberry pictures, the Jaggar party pictures, the Frieze Art event pictures, etc.)  so I have removed them too, just to be sure. 

And then I found the whole flow of the thread was so totally disrupted, I just decided to wipe the slate clean and hope the thread will continue from there. 

I really have had a lot of fun this past month finding, posting and sharing pictures of Ben and Sophie, especially with some of the most stalwart fans of this thread - besleybean and Yitzock!  But everyone who participated added to the enjoyment too. 

I thought I had finally found a place on this board that I could be very comfortable and I enjoyed the positiveness and good cheer that seemed to come with every post.  I'm feeling a bit discouraged right now so I am going to take a break from posting here but hopefully after a while I will be back and post more carefully.

I hope the others on this thread will continue it, but please check with the moderator first and make sure the photos are acceptable (also I would encourage you to check the remaining photos and remove any that might be suspected of fitting the pap definition).

-Val

Last edited by Ah-chie (December 21, 2015 3:31 am)

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

November 14, 2015 8:49 pm  #2

Re: Benedict and Sophie thread

She seems like a strong and intelligent woman, and I wish them both all the best. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

November 14, 2015 11:13 pm  #3

You're having lots of fun here on your own, Val, but here's one that's not new either but Benedictdaily just posted it and I thought it would be fitting. (the blogger also has a separate one just for Sophie, but some of the photos of the two of them together still make it on there.

Also, offhand do you know where second last picture on your first post was taken? If you don't, that's fine, just wondering if you knew, since I can't tell whether they took it themselves or whether someone else took it.

Clueing for looks.

November 15, 2015 7:21 am  #4

Lovely idea for a thread, there are so many gorgeous pictures of them together out there..
I am one of the people who are interested in her person, of course not to the point of intruding her/their private sphere.
But from what we get to see I like her very much, and I identify with her in that we both get criticized for not smiling enough on pictures/being no little ray of sunshine. 
I also find her sense of style inspiring, the black dress above for example looks perfect on her!

November 15, 2015 3:05 pm  #5

More nice additions to the thread here!
And thanks for answering my question, Val.

Clueing for looks.

November 15, 2015 4:46 pm  #6

Yay!
Thank you so much for starting this lovely thread about the dream couple!
So glad Benedict found his match and is now a happy, family man.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 15, 2015 9:56 pm  #7

Yes, besleybean, it's so nice to see him happy, and to see the two of them happy together of course.
I have had this one saved on my phone so I had to go back to where I found it, but I think this one's quite nice.
Hopefully it hasn't been posted on this forum before, since I don't remember.  But I guess either way it has its own topic to fill now.

That look

Clueing for looks.

November 16, 2015 6:30 am  #8

Sob...too perfect.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 16, 2015 6:39 am  #9

Aw.. I certainly hope it will be forever more for them.

Impeccable entrance at the Burberry catwalk show.. I love their outfits, such an effortless chic.

And both focussed on the show:

November 16, 2015 7:46 am  #10

Finally a Cumberbatches thread!

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

November 16, 2015 2:44 pm  #11

A little moment of pride.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

November 16, 2015 5:55 pm  #12

See this is why you need sensible shoes, guys!  Tee Hee.

November 16, 2015 6:11 pm  #13

Or a thoughtful husband like him who makes your way safe even with breathtaking shoes.. 

November 16, 2015 7:12 pm  #14

Aw.

November 17, 2015 4:37 pm  #15

I remember there was a very short video of that online (I think I saw it through Tumblr).  Very sweet indeed.

Clueing for looks.

November 17, 2015 4:57 pm  #16

May I just throw in, that I like the pictures with Sophie really smiling much better than those where the two of them just pose for the press. I want someone for Ben to compliment a bit of his dorkiness as well. 
And it's sheer nonsense I know but in the second Oscar dancing pic it looks like there's Sophie from the future sitting in the background, in that white dress she wore for Black Mass premiere. 

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

November 18, 2015 2:06 am  #17

mrshouse wrote:

And it's sheer nonsense I know but in the second Oscar dancing pic it looks like there's Sophie from the future sitting in the background, in that white dress she wore for Black Mass premiere.

I never noticed that! Ha ha! I wonder who it actually is.

Clueing for looks.

November 18, 2015 12:18 pm  #18

November 18, 2015 12:41 pm  #19

Once again I say... what a nice couple!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

November 18, 2015 3:02 pm  #20

I can believe it, and I hope that this is a real anecdote because it sounds like such a wonderful thing to have happened.

Last edited by Yitzock (November 18, 2015 3:03 pm)

Clueing for looks.

Board footera