BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 5, 2015 6:20 pm  #101

Re: Secret Santa Fic Exchange 2015

I have quoted your request on two beta reader threads. Hope it will help.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

October 5, 2015 6:24 pm  #102

Thanks, Schmiezi.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

October 6, 2015 5:09 pm  #103

I've started writing today. At first I tried to change my usual way of writing a little but that didn't work. So I guess my fic will be quite recognizable. :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 6, 2015 5:48 pm  #104

Is there a wordcount minimum/maximum?

October 7, 2015 9:32 am  #105

Last year the minimum was 221 words and (apparently) there was no maximum. ;-)

October 8, 2015 3:23 pm  #106

How's everyone doing? Has anyone started writing? Plotting? Are you guys struggling or full of exciting ideas? 

I'm plotting and I've got an idea but it's incredibly weird. 

October 8, 2015 3:27 pm  #107

About 1,000 words so far. It is fun. Not sure about the next scenes but I am a spontaneous writer anyway. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 8, 2015 4:33 pm  #108

I'm still plotting! Haven't had time to start writing, pah!

October 8, 2015 11:10 pm  #109

I've started writing. I'm planning on something glorious. 

October 8, 2015 11:21 pm  #110

Schmiezi wrote:

Last year the minimum was 221 words and (apparently) there was no maximum. ;-)

Aha! Thanks!

October 8, 2015 11:45 pm  #111

I'm biting nails while filling page one. I'm struggling a bit, but that was to be expected :-) hope I'll keep my spirits till the end. I'm nervous :-) Still, it's much fun! :-)

"It is what it is."

October 9, 2015 5:10 am  #112

I haven't written a word yet and am alternating between nervous euphoria and heartfelt despair. I've had a great idea for a story but it's possibly a project which needs much more time, so basically I'm not even sure what I'll write. I think I'll just watch the new trailer a few more times...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

October 9, 2015 5:34 am  #113

I have plotted most of the story and written little more than 600 words now. Not much but I know where the fic is supposed to be heading, so I am quite relaxed this year.

I remember writing most of my fic from last year during the last week of November. That was a bit scary.

October 9, 2015 8:29 am  #114

I've a feeling that's how I might write this year...Unless I can find time during break. I will. It'll be fine !

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

October 9, 2015 9:18 am  #115

I'm still working on the plot... and started to write a few words. Hopefully the weekend will be more productive and I will finally have a proper start. I'm not a bit satisfied so far.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

October 9, 2015 3:06 pm  #116

I may have found my plot. At least I started writing

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

October 9, 2015 3:44 pm  #117

I finished plotting and started writing today. I promised myself to write more action and fewer dialogues.

So far: three pages of dialogue. No tags, descriptions or anything. Just talking heads going blah blah blah. \0/

October 9, 2015 3:46 pm  #118

Congrats, Silver

As for me, only 121 words for the moment...It'll kick off soon, I hope!

October 9, 2015 5:56 pm  #119

Hehe you're one word away from the minimum.

October 9, 2015 6:18 pm  #120

Lol you mean 100 words away ;)
I've passed that minimum -barely, but still. And as luck would have it, I had to leave for drama class :/

Board footera