BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 11, 2015 11:14 pm  #1461

Re: The special - the game is on (spoilers)

I think so, too.  Though I don't know how subtle some of them may be.  I remember it was either in Uncovering Sherlock or some article I read, Moffat said there are things we don't necessarily pay attention to right away that end up being important, or things that are important that we are distracted from by the direction the story goes in.  The same could happen in the special.
Maybe there's going to be something that happens in the Victorian Era that will also happen in series 4, kind of like a parallel or history repeating.

Clueing for looks.

May 11, 2015 11:31 pm  #1462

Well, god knows we'll disect the special frame by frame.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 12, 2015 12:07 am  #1463

oooooh, here's something to think about!

Victorian Mycroft has a different bodyform.
http://miadifferent.tumblr.com/post/118727685858/victorian-mycroft-has-a-different-bodyform

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

May 12, 2015 5:22 am  #1464

Well, that would make sense, wouldn't it? It would definitely be canon. And just think about Stephen Fry as Mycroft in the RDJ films. Ha, I'd love to see Mark like that...!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

May 12, 2015 6:05 am  #1465

It makes sense for me too!

I can't help but imagine Sherlock going "How's the diet?" in that case... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 12, 2015 6:52 am  #1466

Oh, yes, Mark in the same "costume" as Ritchie Mycroft ... 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 12, 2015 7:12 am  #1467

And Mark is much more handsome...

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

May 12, 2015 7:27 am  #1468

SusiGo wrote:

Does this mean there is a connection between the special and series 4? And consequences for whom? And will Douglas Mackinnon direct in series 4 as well? So many questions ...

That is frightening...

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

May 12, 2015 7:27 am  #1469

lil wrote:

The did u miss me Moriarty outfit - looks very very much the same as the one he wears for his court appearance in TRF . Which could mean footage from when he was in police custody...Mycrofts?

Don't think Moriarty is in the special at all...no signs of AS on set, but obv. could of been secretly filmed.

I don't think it's the same suit though...not saying Moriarty will be in the special either, but the suit he wears in court in TRF is dove grey and the suit in Did you miss me looks brown to me. (sorry about the huge pic...)

-Could you whisper...?
-NOT REALLY!!

May 12, 2015 7:29 am  #1470

Yitzock wrote:

I had been wondering whether there would be some 21st Century framing of the Victorian-era special, but there's been nothing to say there will be.  It wouldn't surprise me though.

I thought about whether Moriarty's outfit in the last moment of Hist Last Vow is period or not.  I don't think we've seen it before.  In Reichenbach Fall his suit is grey, if I remember, while this one is brown.  So I feel it could go either way.

Whatever it is, I feel it would only make sense for Moriarty to be in the special, alive in the Victorian era if not present day as well.  Even Mary is going to be in it, so I don't think they could do away with Moriarty.  There's no reason for him not to be around.

I now see i didn't read all of the answers before posting my last text ;)

-Could you whisper...?
-NOT REALLY!!

May 12, 2015 7:50 am  #1471

Well, they filmed the present-day scene on the cemetery which might serve as a frame or be either a red herring or something they are going to use in series 4. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 17, 2015 4:39 pm  #1472

More things to think about.
The Non-Victorian parts of 2015 Setlock.
http://welovethebeekeeper.tumblr.com/post/119172702228/the-non-victorian-parts-of-setlock-2015

Last edited by tonnaree (May 17, 2015 4:40 pm)

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

May 17, 2015 5:20 pm  #1473

Yes, I saw that, too. Very interesting. Tbh, I think I would prefer the idea of a present time mini-episode like MHR and the special to be set completely in Victorian times. 

May 22, 2015 5:08 pm  #1474

Been catching up on interviews from the writers which have all blended a bit...but theres the..we wanted to tell something crucial to the story we are telling...and it could only be done at this point comments.
Wondering if it's something they could only do while...John was married....or while SH@John are living apart....other ideas..?

Also the ...more humour and frolics thing..seems at odds with darker and reduced the cast to tears remarks....but I found that reassuring@more positive than an expectation of too much angst and tragedy going into S04.

May 25, 2015 5:37 pm  #1475

I just saw this on Andrew Scotts imdb page, they aren't always reliable, but...

Maybe that was already known, I haven't really followed the news regarding the Special the last few months.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

May 25, 2015 6:40 pm  #1476

For me this is new. Thanks for posting. So we may get the explanation after all. As Mark has said before.

May 25, 2015 7:41 pm  #1477

I don't trust IMDB much... but that is interesting! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 26, 2015 10:52 am  #1478

Has this news done the rounds on Twitter and Tumblr yet?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 26, 2015 11:56 am  #1479

I do not think so. At least I had not heard about it before. 

June 25, 2015 9:22 pm  #1480

Steven, Sue, and Rupert will be at SDCC on 9 July. Hopefully we will get some news then:

http://johnnlocked.tumblr.com/post/122448367001/twocandles-x

Board footera