BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 28, 2015 10:02 pm  #21

Re: Hi Sherlockians!

Lilythiell wrote:

What languages did you learn, then?

Well...I studied French when I was in middle school but...I don't remember almost anyting (I know I'm terrible D: I hate my stupid little brain). I can greet, count and ask some basic questions such as "comment ça va" and "quelle heure est-il". Yes...terrible
Ah I also tried to learn some japanese but I miserably failed ahah

Harriet wrote:

Ciao, Mela! Your nick seems also perfect for IOU

Ahah that quote <3
Thank you Harriet! Wait, does your nick come from the book "the girl with the dragon tattoo" instead? :3

aprilwats wrote:

By the way, did you see "Il Capital Umano"?  What did you think of it?  I think it came out last year, and is based on the American book "Human Capital" by Stephen Amidon.  This was an engrossing mystery!  I'm so curious about the Italian movie version.

I know the film! But I haven't seen it yet it's in my list of "film that I have to watch". It really inspires me! I definitely need more free time, university is taking my soul away

March 28, 2015 10:14 pm  #22

Always great to have a multi-function nick, Mela! 

Mine comes from the book "Busman's Honeymoon" - and others 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 28, 2015 10:45 pm  #23

I've tried a semestre of Chinese but dropped it -too many people in the lecture theatre, an uninteresting teacher (most probably because of the number of students. I think I would have failed even if there were an ideal number of students...

Harriet, your signature is hilarious

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

March 28, 2015 11:00 pm  #24

Oh, thanks! I'm changing it every once in a while, submissions welcome 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 29, 2015 5:32 am  #25

John Green is actually one of my favourite authors I'm reading Will Grayson, Will Grayson at the moment.

March 29, 2015 8:24 pm  #26

Harriet wrote:

Always great to have a multi-function nick, Mela!
Mine comes from the book "Busman's Honeymoon" - and others

I failed xD

Lilythiell wrote:

I've tried a semestre of Chinese but dropped it -too many people in the lecture theatre, an uninteresting teacher (most probably because of the number of students. I think I would have failed even if there were an ideal number of students...

Wow I think Chinese is one of the most diffult languages to learn. So many ideograms with such different meanings!
I have a friend who is studying it but she's slowly becoming mad poor girl.

March 29, 2015 8:55 pm  #27

Others guessed it's "long for Harry" - so guessing it's from a book is very fine already 

Last edited by Harriet (March 29, 2015 8:57 pm)

April 8, 2015 8:49 am  #28

Hello from London.

Richard

April 8, 2015 2:29 pm  #29

ni hao Mela,
You are so great that I see you have a gift of language learning
Just  Chinese and English are enough to drive me crazy.

By the way , Italy is a beatiful country and the italian men are all handsome and sexy

Board footera