BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 7, 2015 12:46 pm  #1

Interview for Oriental DreamWorks

This is an interview for Oriental DreamWorks for his role in "Penguins of Madagascar". I post the entire Tumblr link because the questions are just written in Chinese with no subtitles in the video, and they are translated in the Tumblr post.

http://ilovebenedict.tumblr.com/post/110291274120/throughtheparadox-penwings-pengwings-all-over

He keeps saying "pengwings", and he doesn't in a way that I am quite sure it's on purpose. That is quite funny. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

February 7, 2015 3:38 pm  #2

Re: Interview for Oriental DreamWorks

Thank you so much Vhanja for posting this.

I love how Ben almost always tries to say something (even if it is just "Hello") in the native language of the people who are watching the promo (he did this in the Korean promo and I an sure there are others).  One time in an interview that was done in Greece he spoke quite a few sentences in Greek - owing to the fact that he knows rudimentary Greek from his family vacationing there a lot when he was young.  Another example, I think, of how he feels about connecting with folks as best he can when doing things such as this. 

Was he just being cheeky when he kept saying "pengwings"?  

There was, at one point, that subdued smile of his that he gets when he is being endearingly saucy and actually poking fun at himself.   I know he can say it properly  - he did in that Q&A session that is on youtube when he answered questions with Keira Knightly by his side (which was just hilarious especially when he giggled when trying to do the "Knightly Pout"). 

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

February 13, 2015 10:21 am  #3

Re: Interview for Oriental DreamWorks

Yeah, I got the feeling he was doing it on purpose. (And that Keira Q&A was awesome!)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

Board footera