BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 19, 2014 6:40 am  #361

Re: The special - the game is on (spoilers)

The whole stated purpose of series 2 was to handle the 3 big, famous stories: Scandal, Hound and Reichenbach.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 19, 2014 8:34 am  #362

silverblaze wrote:

This is another hypothesis I'm just throwing out there but I was thinking, they've made a couple of really big epic storys. You know, TRF, TEH, HLV, even TSOT was very big in a way. Maybe they're going small now. I mean you can't keep yourself in a race for more epic stories forever. Maybe it'd be more something like Hounds, funny smaller scale story and not a major mindfuck every ten minutes.

Actually, I think I would love this very much. It's just that they stated it's gonna be darker and more devastating than ever before, and if they are not trolling us again (and I somehow don't think they are), then I guess we can forget about smaller. Maybe the Special will be different, but I guess that S4 will not be about smaller scale stories, at least not entirely.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 19, 2014 8:36 am  #363

Both S1 and S2 had a mix of small stories and bigger ones. I don't think there were any small stories in S3. Even if the crime itself was small, there were huge emotional issues in every episode. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 22, 2014 8:59 pm  #364

Some new trolling from tthe authors:

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 22, 2014 9:03 pm  #365

Ooh.
Love the pic of Arwel.
But Douglas?
Sherlock and John 
or Holmes and Watson!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 22, 2014 9:23 pm  #366

Hmm... I wonder, I wonder... I wonder till my head falls off.

They do know how to troll! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 22, 2014 9:25 pm  #367

I prefer to think of it as tease!

December 22, 2014 9:42 pm  #368

Nice touch about the door handle. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 22, 2014 10:06 pm  #369

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 23, 2014 5:19 am  #370

...and absolutely no Sherlock curls in sight... this is sad...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 23, 2014 6:36 am  #371

Good to hear the filming news, though...definitely epiphany for us!

December 23, 2014 6:54 am  #372

SolarSystem wrote:

...and absolutely no Sherlock curls in sight... this is sad...

I will miss those curls too. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 23, 2014 7:03 am  #373

I'm naughtily hoping we get some Setlock reports, though!

December 23, 2014 1:14 pm  #374

So definitely no curls? I will cry... 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 23, 2014 1:49 pm  #375

The hair is short. 

As for Setlock - not sure about that. They have sent such confusing messages about the special that I believe they will keep as much as possible under lock and key. The moment they start filming in North Gower Street we would see the hair and the costumes and draw our (false) conclusions. But this time I have not the slightest idea where they are heading. 

December 23, 2014 4:48 pm  #376

December 23, 2014 5:01 pm  #377

Oh my stars and garters.  I might soil myself if that were true!

FIELD TRIP!

PS.  I think I could handle it if he's hair is short in the special for some specific reason as long as the full curls are back for S4.

Last edited by tonnaree (December 23, 2014 5:02 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 23, 2014 5:42 pm  #378

I don't want any more Irene, tho!

December 23, 2014 6:08 pm  #379

The last series of Doctor Who opened in the cinemas here at the same time as it was shown on TV, and that seemed to work well.  I saw the first episode in the cinema and it was packed - we had to book seats in advance.   If I remember, there was a little bit of introduction and a short film before the main feature, and afterwards there was a live Q and A with Steven Moffat and the two main actors.   It made a real occasion out of the new series.  I would love if they did something like that with Sherlock!

December 23, 2014 6:12 pm  #380

Well they do have season premiers and Q&As.

Board footera