BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 23, 2014 3:35 pm  #161

Re: Tom Hiddleston nominates Benedict for the Ice Bucket Challenge

But of course in his case we have to talk of elaborated and intentional body language as well.
He can change his appearance brilliantly.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

August 23, 2014 3:57 pm  #162

The interesting thing for me is that he also looks more human from series to series. They use his natural aging process and of course the make-up to reflect Sherlock's inner development. The porcelain look from series 1 is gone and will never return, of this I am sure. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 23, 2014 6:06 pm  #163

FINALLY I'm able to say something in here...

I can't count the times I've watched this... I actually woke up last night and just had to watch it once more *blush*

I don't know what possesed me to think it was okay to watch it the first time on my mother's couch. a few seconds in I heard my mother say "OMG BREATHE!!" Oh dear... 

I was watching it again today when my aunt came she caught me watching it again and asked if she could see it too... She has a habit of asking me weird trivia no one could even possibly know to test me (she's a retired teacher... poor students). And asks me what kind of car that is... That one is easy. 

Well okay... it took me a few times to notice the car to be honest... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 23, 2014 6:41 pm  #164

SolarSystem wrote:

He certainly looks older than in S1 (and the Pilot!), but he already looked older in S2 and then again in S3... and I have to admit: I love it when he looks a bit more mature. Totally works for me.
And apart from that: The man grows older just like we all do, doesn't he?

Between S2 and S3 he had to beef up considerably for Khan, and not all of that came off by the time S3 shooting started.

Also, for S1, he said somewhere that he had deliberately dieted and exercised to get that aescetic, underfed cerebral look.

August 23, 2014 7:43 pm  #165

I've seen that! Oh. There's really much acting and he tries to fulfill the quest to be funny and original.however he seems really tired to me..think he should relax for a while.not to try to do all the things he is asked to do..just saying.but the shower scene and wet t shirt was sexy indeed! /no doubt he knows that.and it was done on purpose let's be honest/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

August 23, 2014 7:49 pm  #166

What are you thinking of Ben? 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

August 23, 2014 8:07 pm  #167

That he's a great bastard!** a lovely one ;-)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

August 23, 2014 8:26 pm  #168

*shaking her head* Mrs W, you are RUDE! 

August 23, 2014 8:44 pm  #169

Lilith wrote:

Oh btw, did he say he was a day late? A day? His days seem to have more than 24 hours (which sometimes seems the case judging from his schedule) 

I'm sure it was only a day when he filmed the first one, and that's the reason why. The following ones must have been shot later, or the video posted after the first day because they had to piece it all together and our Ben's a busy man. 

August 23, 2014 8:51 pm  #170

Mrs.Wenceslas wrote:

I've seen that! Oh. There's really much acting and he tries to fulfill the quest to be funny and original.however he seems really tired to me..think he should relax for a while.not to try to do all the things he is asked to do..just saying.but the shower scene and wet t shirt was sexy indeed! /no doubt he knows that.and it was done on purpose let's be honest/

Actually he did not do that much acting work this year. There was only a minor part in the Bulger film, some cons appearances, Formula 1, what else? The real hard time is going to start now with the Hollow Crown, Sherlock, Hamlet and maybe some other stuff as well. I am sure he is reasonable enough to prepare for all that work. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 23, 2014 9:17 pm  #171

I know ;-) just......

August 23, 2014 10:01 pm  #172

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

FINALLY I'm able to say something in here...

I can't count the times I've watched this... I actually woke up last night and just had to watch it once more *blush*

I don't know what possesed me to think it was okay to watch it the first time on my mother's couch. a few seconds in I heard my mother say "OMG BREATHE!!" Oh dear... 

I was watching it again today when my aunt came she caught me watching it again and asked if she could see it too... She has a habit of asking me weird trivia no one could even possibly know to test me (she's a retired teacher... poor students). And asks me what kind of car that is... That one is easy. 

Well okay... it took me a few times to notice the car to be honest... 

There was a car?

Even if he had stopped with the first bucket he was adorable but when the clip kept going with that trail of clothes.......................................well, when his pants hit the floor I new the glorious dork was going to be messing with us.mercilessly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 23, 2014 10:09 pm  #173

tonnaree wrote:

There was a car?

Even if he had stopped with the first bucket he was adorable but when the clip kept going with that trail of clothes.......................................well, when his pants hit the floor I new the glorious dork was going to be messing with us.mercilessly.

Haha, when she asked me I was almost confused... But yup there was a car! 

When I was finally able to think at all after my mother wondered if she was going to perform CPR on me; my first thought seeing those pants was "OMFG! He knows!!" He knows exactly what he does to us. Grr!

But let's admit it... we love that cruel, cruel man. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 23, 2014 11:04 pm  #174

It really does seem like he got on the internet and read a list of what we wanted!

Ice bucket
Naked
Suit
Motorcycle
White T-Shirt

And decided to give it all to us!     What a man.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 23, 2014 11:11 pm  #175

You know... I bet he did. Either that or Santa came early and found our wishlist.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

August 24, 2014 7:00 am  #176

oh, do you think he started to make all our wishes come true?! well.....

August 24, 2014 3:07 pm  #177

Careful, Mrs W, not rude or naughty again! 

August 24, 2014 4:30 pm  #178

I still have a couple of wishes... but not here, I know.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 24, 2014 5:08 pm  #179

me? naughty?! oh come on.....

August 24, 2014 6:08 pm  #180

Denial. They call it state of denial, dear 

Board footera