BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 24, 2014 5:58 am  #2521

Re: Finally: The Sherlock/John picture thread

Richard Brook wrote:

As far as I can tell, you -were- typing it in right, you just didn't have quite the right link.  You have two similar links above.  One leads to a photobucket error page.  The one ending with an .html lets me see the actual image you have, on your album page.  The thing is (we forgot to mention this part, if unfamiliar with image sites), the board/image code has no idea what image you're trying to post if you just give it the link to the whole page.  When I right-click on your image, I get the option to 'view image' (pretty sure that won't vary browser to browser, right?).  That lets the page bring up solely the link to just that image, which was this:  http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u362/RichardBrook/Sherlock/imagejpg2_zps161b76c9.jpg
Subtly different, but links directly to the image.  Slap a couple [img] tags on either side, and voila.

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

May 1, 2014 2:29 am  #2522

Hey look! When did this happen?

Last edited by Lue4028 (May 1, 2014 2:29 am)

May 1, 2014 2:48 am  #2523

Lue4028 wrote:

Hey look! When did this happen?

It didn't. It's a manip.

May 1, 2014 3:24 am  #2524

That's crazy. It's really well done! How can you tell?

May 1, 2014 5:40 am  #2525

This is the original with Derren Brown:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 1, 2014 5:57 am  #2526

Which is just as nice.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 1, 2014 3:03 pm  #2527

Lue4028 wrote:

That's crazy. It's really well done! How can you tell?

It never happened in the show, that's the first way you can tell. And Sherlock looks....odd there.

May 1, 2014 3:41 pm  #2528

I don't know if this photo was here before (sorry, I'm new) but to me it's the MEPE - most epic picture ever

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

May 30, 2014 9:07 pm  #2529

Russell wrote:

Richard Brook wrote:

As far as I can tell, you -were- typing it in right, you just didn't have quite the right link.  You have two similar links above.  One leads to a photobucket error page.  The one ending with an .html lets me see the actual image you have, on your album page.  The thing is (we forgot to mention this part, if unfamiliar with image sites), the board/image code has no idea what image you're trying to post if you just give it the link to the whole page.  When I right-click on your image, I get the option to 'view image' (pretty sure that won't vary browser to browser, right?).  That lets the page bring up solely the link to just that image, which was this:  http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u362/RichardBrook/Sherlock/imagejpg2_zps161b76c9.jpg
Subtly different, but links directly to the image.  Slap a couple [img]tags on either side, and voila.

Thanks Russell!!! I think I got it now!!!!

[IMG]http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u362/RichardBrook/Sherlock/imagejpg2_zps161b76c9.jpg[/img]

"Anderson, don’t talk out loud. You lower the IQ of the whole street.”
 - Sherlock Holmes
"Brainy's the new sexy"  -  Irene Adler
“We solve crimes. I blog about it, he forgets his pants. I wouldn’t hold out to much hope.”  - John Watson
"Is that a British Army Browning L9A1 in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?"  - Jim Moriarty

May 30, 2014 9:15 pm  #2530

Oh I give up!!! What I did just then worked on the Benedict picture thread!!! i guess I'll just sit back and enjoy your lovely pictures!!

"Anderson, don’t talk out loud. You lower the IQ of the whole street.”
 - Sherlock Holmes
"Brainy's the new sexy"  -  Irene Adler
“We solve crimes. I blog about it, he forgets his pants. I wouldn’t hold out to much hope.”  - John Watson
"Is that a British Army Browning L9A1 in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?"  - Jim Moriarty

May 31, 2014 3:21 am  #2531

That's weird, because I copy/pasted the exact line you wrote up there, and when previewed my post, showed up as the image instead of link.  They aren't caps-sensitive, are they?  (IMG or img)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

June 26, 2014 1:19 pm  #2532

I think this is cute photo of them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

June 26, 2014 1:25 pm  #2533

Even more cute is the fact that they are looking at hundreds of fans standing across the street right at that moment. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

June 26, 2014 1:29 pm  #2534

gently69 wrote:

I think this is cute photo of them.

John is wearing my second favourite outfit of his.

I'm trying to ignore the smelly looking hobo next to him.

(Was anybody else waiting for Sherlock's trousers to fall down at some point during the scenes in his outfit, being as huge as they are?)

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

June 26, 2014 1:34 pm  #2535

maryagrawatson wrote:

(Was anybody else waiting for Sherlock's trousers to fall down at some point during the scenes in his outfit, being as huge as they are?)

Mary

LOL, I am sure his trouser waistband was quite tight enough. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

June 26, 2014 2:14 pm  #2536

Even dressed like a junkie, Sherlock looks edible.
And John is very sexy in that outfit.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 26, 2014 2:48 pm  #2537

I wait for Sherlock's trousers to fall down in every episode, but that's just me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 26, 2014 2:56 pm  #2538

tonnaree wrote:

I wait for Sherlock's trousers to fall down in every episode, but that's just me.

Believe what you like. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

June 26, 2014 3:28 pm  #2539

tonnaree wrote:

I suppose the writers are thinking that we are satisifed with the really big glimpse of Sherlock that we got when Mycroft stepped on his sheet, but it's not enough, is it?

For season 4, I'm hoping to see a little more John skin...

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

June 26, 2014 4:37 pm  #2540

tonnaree wrote:

tonnaree...! You are so brilliantly hilarious! (And apart from that you put into words what I've been thinking...)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

Board footera