BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 20, 2014 8:35 pm  #1081

Re: Post Your Absence

Welcome back, Susi, and congrats again to you, Schmiezi!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

April 20, 2014 10:15 pm  #1082

Congrats!   Aww…. but of course I can picture you reading the canon to him at bedtime when he's older…. 
and tobe - another 'lol' from me.   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

April 21, 2014 1:15 am  #1083

Schmiezi wrote:

....I am bursting to tell you that on April 14th my son Florian was born. facts for those who care about numbers: He was born at 5:09 pm, with a weight of 2980 g and was 50 cm tall....
We had to stay in hospital for 5 days because it was a Cesarean

Congratulations on your new son. I love his name, too. I had to go to the internet to see how big he was....  so for our American forum members, 2980 gm is 6.5 lbs and 50 cm is just over 19.5 inches. A good size baby! Thanks for sharing your happy news with us.

April 21, 2014 1:18 am  #1084

besleybean wrote:

Colours being associated with gender and sexuality is so silly. 

So is the implication that a) the new dad would even give that a thought in the first place, and b) being gay is a bad thing. Huh, I guess I don't have much of a sense of humor today. Sorry.

April 21, 2014 6:42 am  #1085

ancientsgate wrote:

Congratulations on your new son. I love his name, too. I had to go to the internet to see how big he was....  so for our American forum members, 2980 gm is 6.5 lbs and 50 cm is just over 19.5 inches. A good size baby! Thanks for sharing your happy news with us.

Thank you, and extra thanks for doing the calculations!:-D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

April 21, 2014 7:29 am  #1086

Yes thank you and I blush as a European for also still thinking in pounds and ounces!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 21, 2014 4:48 pm  #1087

Colour and gender...it even applies to horses! Lol

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 21, 2014 4:59 pm  #1088

Least I can do hands for horses!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 22, 2014 2:50 pm  #1089

Schmiezi wrote:

I never really posted my absence, but would like to say that I'm back too.

I was away from the forum because of a slightly complicated pregnancy, but that's now over. So I am bursting to tell you that on April 14th my son Florian was born.
Facts for those who care about numbers: He was born at 5:09 pm, with a weight of 2980 g and was 50 cm tall. The first time I saw him, he was marveling at the world with eyes wide open and a frown on his face.

We had to stay in hospital for 5 days because it was a Cesarean (the young man had tried to come out feet first). We are both fine (within normal parameters, that is. I'm still cursing loud when I have to sit down or stand up again) and home since yesterday.

At the moment, he eats and sleeps rather regularly, but as I'm not sure how that will turn out to be in the long run, I don't know how much time I will be able to spend here during the next weeks. Now I have go and read three month of posts I've missed as long as he's sleeping.

Congratulations and good luck!  My son is two and a half years old now, those days go by so fast (but they feel like they will never end...especially the 'no sleep' part).  Hope you feel better soon ^^

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

April 22, 2014 6:55 pm  #1090

Okay, so I'll be off to beautiful and exciting Berlin tomorrow morning until sunday, and I trust you all to be as naughty as ever while I'm away. Johnlockers, make me proud!
And for the sake of some 12-Years-and-Hobbit-nostalgia I'll pay a visit to the Astor Film Lounge and the Sony Center.
I'll miss you all!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

April 22, 2014 6:59 pm  #1091

So you are going? Have fun! Enjoy! And we're honoured by your trust and that ... 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

April 22, 2014 7:04 pm  #1092

Yep. And oh well, you've earned my trust and all that over months and months...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

April 22, 2014 7:06 pm  #1093

Well, actually, it was our trust you earned, but then, who cares? 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

April 22, 2014 7:07 pm  #1094

Ah, right... test question and all that...

April 22, 2014 7:11 pm  #1095

Don't know what you're talking of 

April 22, 2014 7:14 pm  #1096

Getting a bit old and having trouble with our memory, are we, dear...?

April 22, 2014 7:25 pm  #1097

Well, that might indeed apply to you, but we should go back to topic now...
Looking forward to your return! 

April 22, 2014 7:29 pm  #1098

Back to topic...boring!
Thanks, dear!

April 22, 2014 7:49 pm  #1099

Schmiezi wrote:

So I am bursting to tell you that on April 14th my son Florian was born.
Facts for those who care about numbers: He was born at 5:09 pm, with a weight of 2980 g and was 50 cm tall. The first time I saw him, he was marveling at the world with eyes wide open and a frown on his face.

Oh, wonderful news! Congratulations and all the best for you and your family, Schmiezi!  I sometimes wondered lately how you are doing, so I'm glad to read the happy news today.
Enjoy the time with your little one. A dear collague of mine had her first day back at work from her parental leave today. Time flies, it felt like yesterday for us that we said goodbye.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

April 24, 2014 11:42 pm  #1100

Ooh happy news there! Congratulations!!

I suppose I should post here that I'm probably not going to be on here much, if at all, for the next couple of weeks as I'm in Florida!! There is wifi so hopefully I'll be able to pop my head in and say hi!

But don't put too much on here - I don't want to miss out!!

See you all soon ;)

I'm clueing for looks

Board footera