BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 17, 2014 4:47 pm  #1

Is there such a thing as "too old to add to?"

Too old of a thread, I mean?

I joined last week, and have commented in some of the Book Club threads that it seems like everyone was "done" with - one was SCAN from September and one was FINA from July.

Is this ok?

Is a thread ever too old to add a comment?

January 17, 2014 4:56 pm  #2

Re: Is there such a thing as "too old to add to?"

No, there isn't. You are free to post in every thread. Sometimes really good threads are started again so give it a try.  

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 17, 2014 6:13 pm  #3

New members join all the time; with lots of new opinions, and a lot of the older threads make for some interesting reading. Particularly in the light of new information.

But its really annoying when subsequent information proves you were right all the time on an old thread; and no one bumps it. 

January 17, 2014 6:28 pm  #4

dartmoordoggers wrote:

New members join all the time; with lots of new opinions, and a lot of the older threads make for some interesting reading. Particularly in the light of new information.

But its really annoying when subsequent information proves you were right all the time on an old thread; and no one bumps it. 

Actually, someone bumped one of my old threads the other day saying "wow, you were right!" XD  So it occasionally happens

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

January 18, 2014 8:33 am  #5

I've thought about posting in the Book Club threads I just haven't had the time to formulate proper answers. I have a particular interest in the Dancing Men for... reasons. So Sherlocklives if you venture in there I will probably follow when I have time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing.

An apostrophe makes the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

Board footera