BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 14, 2012 11:01 am  #1

Hugh Laurie is set to star as a villain in the Robocop remake

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/robocop-remake-hugh-laurie-is-set-882193

The actor, former comic sidekick of Stephen Fry, is being lined up opposite fellow Brit Gary Oldman, who will play the good guy.

Love this line:

The Blackadder star has just finished a decade on US TV as House MD.

How long ago was Black Adder? LOL Can't believe they describe him as that.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 14, 2012 1:49 pm  #2

Re: Hugh Laurie is set to star as a villain in the Robocop remake

That shows the age of the journalist writing the piece or the editor. Bit sad really, considering how much he's done since Blackadder, although I am a great fan of the Blackadder series. It will make a change for him to be a bad guy. Which accent will he use do you think?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 14, 2012 1:54 pm  #3

Re: Hugh Laurie is set to star as a villain in the Robocop remake

He'll always be Bertie Wooster to me!!

I loved the original Robocop (As a very young man) and hope they'll pull the film up a bit to a slightly more mature level of cinema.

Love Verhoeven's take on it, I hope they keep the in-world television quips.

-m0r

Last edited by m0r1arty (June 14, 2012 1:54 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

Board footera