BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 19, 2013 4:09 pm  #161

Re: MEMBERS POLL: What's your age?

Same with me. You are not alone. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 19, 2013 5:46 pm  #162

SusiGo wrote:

Not. At. All!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 19, 2013 6:02 pm  #163

tobeornot221b wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

Not. At. All!

I will join the club

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

November 19, 2013 8:41 pm  #164

You're only as old as the men you feel. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 19, 2013 10:20 pm  #165

Being adult and "responsible" sometimes bore me to death....so when I feel it, I have the age I want

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

November 20, 2013 8:42 am  #166

That's a good point.

I try to practise it the same way.... when I adore Benedict for example ... or visit a concert... stand afterwards at the backstage door in the dark and cold and wait for ages... only to be absolutely delighted when someone special shows up, after 3 year break still knows you and welcomes you with hugs and kisses.

Should happen to me with Benedict someday as well. ha ha
But I think the chances are more than low. Especially because he's so popular now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

November 20, 2013 9:15 am  #167

When people around look a bit pitiful at you, shaking heads, you probably feel younger than you are. ;-P

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 21, 2013 7:23 pm  #168

I love the use of the plural tonnaree! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 1, 2014 11:35 pm  #169

Oh man.  I will be 50 in July - I've just jumped up a whole 'nother age group.    Aaaarrrrrgggggg!!

"Oh no. You're...."
"Yes."
"Oh my God"
"..Not quite"
(The Empty Hearse) 

"I must stop twiddling things!"  (Benedict Cumberbatch, commentary 'A Scandal in Belgravia')

Do you ever have times when you have, like a whole pretend conversation with Sherlock in your head.  ..... What, NEVER!! .... Oh.  Right.    No, me either.

January 6, 2014 6:04 pm  #170

ancientsgate wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Yeah, we should definitely do a Male/Female poll too....I think there's a lot of girls in this fandom at the moment...Weird really because Sherlock Holmes used to be mainly for guys...I think it's the Benedict effect.

Mmmm, I think it's the Johnlock effect. Mmmmm.

I think it's the Johnlock effect, too.

January 7, 2014 9:24 pm  #171

I'm 18 ... looks like I'm part of the majority here

♥ I AM SHERLOCKED ♥
                                                              and I ship Johnlock harder than Mrs. Hudson ;-)

January 8, 2014 8:32 am  #172

I'm 33 - feel so old right now
Like my husband always says "You are too old for this Sherlock fangirl stuff" - lovely husband

January 8, 2014 8:41 am  #173

I'm older than you. And my husband says the same... They don't know what they are talking about.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

January 8, 2014 9:13 am  #174

I'm older than Hudders, too, and hubby is somehow glad that I am not as boring as others of my age. 

January 8, 2014 9:22 am  #175

Good to know. I think he'll just have to accept my behaviour. He will not be able to change that

January 8, 2014 9:24 am  #176

I am older as well and my husband has kept quiet so far and bears his cross. I imagine he thinks as long as it makes me happy it is fine. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 8, 2014 9:30 am  #177

Hudders wrote:

Good to know. I think he'll just have to accept my behaviour. He will not be able to change that

Right.

(Tony Hadley)

January 8, 2014 9:30 am  #178

SusiGo wrote:

... I imagine he thinks as long as it makes me happy it is fine. 

Oh, that's a point of course! As long as I am busy with clay and Sherlock and stuff I will not complain if he does what he likes. 

January 8, 2014 9:39 am  #179

Mattlocked wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

... I imagine he thinks as long as it makes me happy it is fine. 

Oh, that's a point of course! As long as I am busy with clay and Sherlock and stuff I will not complain if he does what he likes.

I'll have to keep that in mind if he starts getting angry again. He'll have a lot of time doing his stuff without me asking what he does

February 2, 2014 1:48 pm  #180

I'll be 42 in March but still feel 15!

Board footera