BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 13, 2012 12:44 pm  #1

Why do women go nuts for me? - Benedict

With his mop of curly red hair and oddly angular face, Benedict Cumberbatch hardly has the looks of a typical Hollwood sex symbol.

Yet a series of high-profile roles both on television and in the movies has earned him a growing legion of female admirers...much to his own amazement.

“It’s interesting and it’s something I’m processing,"  says newly single Benedict, sounding rather like Sherlock Holmes, the role he made his own in the BBC’s updated version of the Conan Doyle stories.

“It’s new to me and I’m sure I’ll get used to it and find a way of dealing with it, but at the moment, it is quite odd.

“Do I like being thought of as attractive? I don’t know anyone on Earth who doesn’t, but I do find it funny. I look in a mirror and I see all the faults I’ve lived with for 35 years and yet people go kind of nuts for certain things about me. It’s not me being humble. I just think it’s weird."

Read the rest here:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/benedict-cumberbatch-interview-i-do-find-it-funny-880139

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 13, 2012 1:51 pm  #2

Re: Why do women go nuts for me? - Benedict

Awww Benny. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 13, 2012 2:19 pm  #3

God, this guy is adorable...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

June 13, 2012 4:52 pm  #4

Mmmm, love the photo you posted. Lookit that smile! Smart, fit, and interesting-looking, he shouldn't wonder why the ladies (and probably a good number of guys, too) are being caught with their tongues hanging out--  he'll just have to get used to it. *g*

June 13, 2012 6:48 pm  #5

Aww, Benny. You still don't get it, do you?

June 13, 2012 7:07 pm  #6

That is so sweet! That is why we love you Ben

Disguise is always a self portrait

June 13, 2012 7:15 pm  #7

Hey, who cares about your "faults"? You're a joy to watch and to listen to - and you're brainy.
If that's not enough to be considered sexy -  what is??

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 13, 2012 7:49 pm  #8

Just out of curiosity since SiB came out, how many times would you imagine Ben has been out somewhere where some half toasted tart came up to him and said: "I'd have you right here until you begged for mercy, twice" ?

My guess is he has had to smile and endure that quite a few times Poor fella

June 13, 2012 8:47 pm  #9

tobeornot221b wrote:

Hey, who cares about your "faults"? You're a joy to watch and to listen to - and you're brainy.
If that's not enough to be considered sexy -  what is??

+1!!

June 13, 2012 8:59 pm  #10

absolutely love that pic of him.   If  only I was younger.....I  just hope he does find another girlfriend--  he deserves happiness  in that area.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 13, 2012 9:07 pm  #11

sherlockskitty wrote:

absolutely love that pic of him.   If  only I was younger.....I  just hope he does find another girlfriend--  he deserves happiness  in that area.

Well, I'm the perfect age for him, what are you waiting for, Benedict?

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

June 14, 2012 3:11 am  #12

ancientsgate wrote:

Mmmm, love the photo you posted. Lookit that smile! Smart, fit, and interesting-looking, he shouldn't wonder why the ladies (and probably a good number of guys, too) are being caught with their tongues hanging out--  he'll just have to get used to it. *g*

The pic went with the story, but it's an old one him; not recent.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 14, 2012 5:47 am  #13

I like his blue Converses.  I've got a pair like that. Hand-me-downs from my daughter.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 14, 2012 10:35 am  #14

Davina wrote:

I like his blue Converses.  I've got a pair like that. Hand-me-downs from my daughter.

You're fortunate Davina..my daughter only takes my clothes.and never returns them Love the sneakers too..classic Ben

June 14, 2012 12:59 pm  #15

Luckily her feet have grown so big she cannot fit in them but they are just the perfect size for me.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 14, 2012 3:37 pm  #16

Why do women go nuts for you, Benny? Oh, for pity's sake! BECAUSE YOU ARE @#$%^& GORGEOUS, YOU FOOL  (calm down, hep)

Last edited by hepzibah (June 14, 2012 3:38 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

June 14, 2012 4:04 pm  #17

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 14, 2012 6:56 pm  #18

I'm glad I found the "swoon" thread, so I can have some company as I sigh and pine. However, I have to say that my own crush is actually on  Benedict's character Sherlock. I know that some credit is due elsewhere for hair, wardrobe, script, etc., but BC is the one who has to pull it all off. And that voice!

Here's a poll: Is he hotter in a tight shirt and tight jacket or running through the streets in that fabulous coat?
(Of course, I mean hotter figuratively.)

(I could never see Sherlock in a pair of sneakers/tennis shoes/trainers, unless he were in disguise.)

June 14, 2012 7:04 pm  #19

Too hard to decide, I love both outfits, but after careful consideration, I believe my favourite outfit is the one he wore to Buckingham Palace. (Why wasn't Mycroft's foot just that bit quicker? Or Sherlock's hands a bit slower?)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

June 14, 2012 7:15 pm  #20

If you liked the sheet, you definitely need to see Frankenstein. Even with a bald, scarred head and other monstrous features, he's something to see.

BTW, I recommend the show even if you are not crushing on Benedict. It was a very interesting and thoughtful interpretation of the story, and BC's portrayal is extraordinary. (We already know he's not ordinary, no matter what JM says.)

Board footera