BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 11, 2012 9:36 pm  #1

Hello from Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA!

Hello,

I thought my fascination with Sherlock would wear off, but it's showing no sign of waning. So here I am. I agree with someone who joined just before me. I love the whole package: writing, acting, directing, costumes, scenery, music, cinemotagraphy, etc. And since I'm re-reading the original stories, I'm enjoying the nods to them even more. (Thanks to whoever started the thread about precise nods.) OK, I guess I also have to admit to a big crush on Sherlock and John.

My husband enjoys the program, too, but I don't think he wants to talk about it quite as much as I do. So thank you to the moderators and all the other members for this outlet.

A side note: The Michigan Theater here in Ann Arbor just showed both versions of the National Theatre production of Frankenstein -- one with Benedict Cumberbatch as the doctor and one with him as the monster. I wish I could have seen both, but I did catch the latter. Has anyone see it in person? And am I allowed to ask if my fellow Ann Arborite on this forum saw it here? (This is the first forum I have ever joined, so I don't know all the rules.)

Thanks, all!

June 11, 2012 9:42 pm  #2

Re: Hello from Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA!

Oh, so Ann Arbour is a place, I thought it was your name!!
I don't think there are any rules; you've just gotta be nice

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 11, 2012 9:49 pm  #3

Welcome, and how cool that you got to see Frankenstein!

Last edited by Sherli Bakerst (June 11, 2012 9:49 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

June 11, 2012 11:09 pm  #4

Molly Hooper wrote:

I don't think there are any rules; you've just gotta be nice

Hah! It would be a good name.

It seems like just about everybody loves Molly Hooper, but what does Sherlock think of her?

June 11, 2012 11:11 pm  #5

Sherli Bakerst wrote:

Thank you.

The film of the live production was excellent, but I'd love to see it in person. I believe its run has ended, though. And I'm sure BC has moved on to another project. That's OK, as long as he makes time to do Sherlock.

June 12, 2012 12:47 am  #6

Hi veecee! Welcome to the board! You will love it here. Love Ann Arbor...beautiful college town. Used to live in Novi years ago.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disguise is always a self portrait

June 12, 2012 1:01 am  #7

welcome to this zany forum!!   I  love live theater,  and I just found out today that they showed the film of frankenstein in my town last week and i missed it.   boo  hoo!!

Last edited by sherlockskitty (June 12, 2012 1:13 am)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 12, 2012 1:43 am  #8

sherlockskitty wrote:

welcome to this zany forum!!   I  love live theater,  and I just found out today that they showed the film of frankenstein in my town last week and i missed it.   boo  hoo!!

Where are you now?

June 12, 2012 1:44 am  #9

Sherli Bakerst wrote:

Did I already say thank you? If not, I'm saying it now.
(I've got to get the hang of posting on this forum. I would not be much help to Sherlock with my present technological skills.)

June 12, 2012 2:08 am  #10

Molly Hooper wrote:

And there you have a perfect introduction from Molly... 

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 12, 2012 2:11 am  #11

Welcome to a fellow North American!

Have fun, but be careful--there's a powerful vortex that will suck you right in if you get too close...

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 12, 2012 2:17 am  #12

Tantalus wrote:

Molly Hooper wrote:

And there you have a perfect introduction from Molly... 

How true!

June 12, 2012 2:21 am  #13

Tantalus wrote:

Welcome to a fellow North American!

Have fun, but be careful--there's a powerful vortex that will suck you right in if you get too close...

Too late!

June 12, 2012 3:10 am  #14

veecee wrote:

sherlockskitty wrote:

Where are you now?

This kitty doesn't want to  tell you the exact location,   but......I  live in the western part of USA.

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 12, 2012 3:24 am  #15

Hi, welcome to the forum, feel free to browse, deduce, speculate and generally run amok.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 12, 2012 5:49 am  #16

Hello! Welcome to this intrepid band is (slightly) crazy Sherlockians. Enjoy!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 12, 2012 6:43 pm  #17

sherlockskitty wrote:

veecee wrote:

sherlockskitty wrote:

Where are you now?

This kitty doesn't want to  tell you the exact location,   but......I  live in the western part of USA.

Anyway, I should have seen: You are under Sherlock's chair.

June 12, 2012 8:43 pm  #18

I am?   well...half the time I'm somewhere else!!

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 12, 2012 8:47 pm  #19

Davina wrote:

Thank you. Hope I'm not overdoing it. Coming late to the forum, I have a lot of pent-up enthusiasm.

June 12, 2012 8:48 pm  #20

Davina wrote:

Thank you and thank you for having this forum.

Board footera