BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 11, 2012 8:28 pm  #21

Re: Euro 2012

tobeornot221b wrote:

But then  Benedict is apparently in almost EVERY British film these days...

But his role in Four lions is small, isn't it? I still haven't seen it, but a friend has told me the film is great 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

June 11, 2012 8:32 pm  #22

I must admit I started watching "Third Star" on Youtube today. So sad. Not that this has anything to do with football . I am sorry that the English did not win against France. Better luck next time.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 11, 2012 8:33 pm  #23

Yes and yes. One of the funniest movies I've been watching for a long time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 11, 2012 8:43 pm  #24

What, so does that mean we're out?
I really don't get the rules!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 11, 2012 8:53 pm  #25

No team's out yet - we're still in the group phase. Two more matches to play in this phase for every team.

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 11, 2012 8:58 pm  #26

Really? This is going to be a LONG competition!
I don't see why they can't just have one BIG match and get it over with...

Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 

June 11, 2012 9:02 pm  #27

Well...it might get a bit crowded on the pitch if they did that!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 11, 2012 9:05 pm  #28

You mean like skipping Sherlock episodes 1 to 5 and getting over with one big Reichenbach?

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 11, 2012 9:22 pm  #29

Nothing is lost yet for England. They just have to beat Sweden and Ukraine  .

And, yes, it could be fun to put all players on the field at once and see what happens.

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 11, 2012 9:29 pm  #30

tobeornot221b wrote:

You mean like skipping Sherlock episodes 1 to 5 and getting over with one big Reichenbach?

Ooh, no! Don't make me even think about doing that, brrr!

June 18, 2012 9:03 pm  #31

Oh, well, we ended up winning to Croatia, but I suffered a lot...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

June 18, 2012 9:09 pm  #32

Congrats, Irene - so we both are still around then...next is us on Friday vs. Greece...

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 18, 2012 10:09 pm  #33

tobeornot221b wrote:

Congrats, Irene - so we both are still around then...next is us on Friday vs. Greece...

It seems so... I really fear the crossing between Spain and Germany. That may be our end . Though I believe now it can only happen in the Final, am I right?
Though, for the record, if Spain doesn't win I'm rooting for Germany, they're great

June 28, 2012 10:18 am  #34

Irene Adler wrote:

tobeornot221b wrote:

It seems so... I really fear the crossing between Spain and Germany. That may be our end . Though I believe now it can only happen in the Final, am I right?
Though, for the record, if Spain doesn't win I'm rooting for Germany, they're great

Oh, Irene, what a shame Spain won yesterday. I would have appreciated your supporting our boys so much. But, wait, you can support them at least today so that they'll meet each other on Sunday  .

June 28, 2012 11:09 am  #35

SusiGo wrote:

Irene Adler wrote:

tobeornot221b wrote:

Oh, Irene, what a shame Spain won yesterday. I would have appreciated your supporting our boys so much. But, wait, you can support them at least today so that they'll meet each other on Sunday  .

Susi, I fear a Final against Germany, but believe me, I prefer a Final against Germany. They are great and play beautifully, so it will be worth seeing, even though Spain ends up losing. So yes, I am rooting for Germany this afternoon, don't worry. 

June 28, 2012 11:14 am  #36

SusiGo wrote:

Yes, it was definitely your subconscious. It can play hideous tricks on the brain (to quote The Smiths)

Oh my god Susi I love The Smiths!!

Last edited by Sentimental Pulse (June 28, 2012 11:15 am)

Disguise is always a self portrait

June 28, 2012 11:19 am  #37

I love you Euros to death....your intelligence, your humanity, your music and art, your culture and history, your common sense, your wit and of course your love for Sherlock

But when it comes to football..I find Euro football or soccer...BORING.

Give me American Football....the National Football League!

Disguise is always a self portrait

June 28, 2012 11:49 am  #38

Thank you so much, SP, for all these wonderful compliments to us Euros  . But it is only human that we differ in some respects - sports, for example. I must admit I only like to watch football/soccer (you know what I mean) and field hockey (because my children play this and Germany is really, really good at it, even better than at soccer). I never really get the rules of American football and baseball (and cricket, BTW) and I don't like basketball because the dress they wear is ugly and there is no real play going on in the center field (is that correct?).
Regarding The Smiths: They are from my youth but I still love them. They have written heartbreaking and intelligent songs I can hear over and over again. Just think of "There is a light that never goes out". I own only two band t-shirts and one has the cover of "The queen is dead" on it.
Please excuse the overuse of brackets  .

June 28, 2012 11:58 am  #39

Irene, that's the spirit. After all, it's only a game .

Last edited by SusiGo (June 28, 2012 11:58 am)

June 28, 2012 8:26 pm  #40

My dad told me I would be the only human being on this planet who's not watching football tonight.
It's not that weird, is it? 

Board footera