BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?



February 12, 2013 7:33 am  #41


Re: Something I'm absolutely sure of - preparations for the fall.

erunyauve wrote:

Be wrote:

There might be another device Sherlock used on the roof: an earphone on his left ear. He puts it on when he spins around/freaks out.
When we see Sherlock the first time really close on his right side we can see beehind his left ear. Look at it. There is something small ...
We get to see many earphones/headsets.
I think Sherlock picks the earphone out of the police car right before the daring escape. The earphone is in the car right next to the microphone. Slow down and watch closely. He grabs the mic and the earphone/headset.
When he talks to John he might simultaniously  talk to the crew on the ground through the second phone/ ear phone on his left ear. He has to coordinate the preparations, the "note" and the fall itself.( We are going to need to coordinate!)
Are the writers trolling us: Did nobody notice the earring?

Oh, good eye!  I think you might have found something there.  That might explain the 'hello' some people have heard?
 

The "hello" some people have heard is just John answering the phone, or? There is no other "hello", I was listening and listening again. Can somebody who hears that "hello" tell me whether he/she also hears a "hello" from John? I was always convinced that people might not realize that John answers the phone call of Sherlock. The voice is a little bit estranged because of the microphone. But if there is somebody who hears John AND another "hello" then I think something´s is wrong with my dvd. Or my ears, maybe.

Last edited by anjaH_alias (February 12, 2013 7:40 am)

 

February 13, 2013 10:19 am  #42


Re: Something I'm absolutely sure of - preparations for the fall.

anjaH_alias wrote:

erunyauve wrote:

Be wrote:

There might be another device Sherlock used on the roof: an earphone on his left ear. He puts it on when he spins around/freaks out.
When we see Sherlock the first time really close on his right side we can see beehind his left ear. Look at it. There is something small ...
We get to see many earphones/headsets.
I think Sherlock picks the earphone out of the police car right before the daring escape. The earphone is in the car right next to the microphone. Slow down and watch closely. He grabs the mic and the earphone/headset.
When he talks to John he might simultaniously  talk to the crew on the ground through the second phone/ ear phone on his left ear. He has to coordinate the preparations, the "note" and the fall itself.( We are going to need to coordinate!)
Are the writers trolling us: Did nobody notice the earring?

Oh, good eye!  I think you might have found something there.  That might explain the 'hello' some people have heard?
 

The "hello" some people have heard is just John answering the phone, or? There is no other "hello", I was listening and listening again. Can somebody who hears that "hello" tell me whether he/she also hears a "hello" from John? I was always convinced that people might not realize that John answers the phone call of Sherlock. The voice is a little bit estranged because of the microphone. But if there is somebody who hears John AND another "hello" then I think something´s is wrong with my dvd. Or my ears, maybe.

This 'hello' was before Sherlock called John on the phone, and plus, it sounded kind of like a woman's voice
 


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's the thing about fanfiction, it's always a self-portrait
People want to believe what is easy, rather than what is right.
"One begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts"
 

February 13, 2013 1:18 pm  #43


Re: Something I'm absolutely sure of - preparations for the fall.

sherlockian111 wrote:

This 'hello' was before Sherlock called John on the phone, and plus, it sounded kind of like a woman's voice
 

Okay, strange. Can you tell me how much before? I mean, there is John´s Taxi coming and in the same moment we here the dialling of Sherlock´s phone. Then John says: "Hello"...
What happens when the other "hello" is said?

 

February 14, 2013 6:25 am  #44


Re: Something I'm absolutely sure of - preparations for the fall.

anjaH_alias wrote:

sherlockian111 wrote:

This 'hello' was before Sherlock called John on the phone, and plus, it sounded kind of like a woman's voice
 

Okay, strange. Can you tell me how much before? I mean, there is John´s Taxi coming and in the same moment we here the dialling of Sherlock´s phone. Then John says: "Hello"...
What happens when the other "hello" is said?

 The "hello" is when he stands on the ledge, right before he starts laughing, and then turns around and says "I've got you!"


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's the thing about fanfiction, it's always a self-portrait
People want to believe what is easy, rather than what is right.
"One begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts"
 

February 14, 2013 7:32 am  #45


Re: Something I'm absolutely sure of - preparations for the fall.

sherlockian111 wrote:

anjaH_alias wrote:

sherlockian111 wrote:

This 'hello' was before Sherlock called John on the phone, and plus, it sounded kind of like a woman's voice
 

Okay, strange. Can you tell me how much before? I mean, there is John´s Taxi coming and in the same moment we here the dialling of Sherlock´s phone. Then John says: "Hello"...
What happens when the other "hello" is said?

 The "hello" is when he stands on the ledge, right before he starts laughing, and then turns around and says "I've got you!"

Thanks, I must have a go for that again....

 

March 22, 2013 9:29 am  #46


Re: Something I'm absolutely sure of - preparations for the fall.

Something I'm not absolutely sure of, but it is probably something Sherlock did to prepare for the fall:
1. somebody poured a great amount of blood on the ground;
2. but we see in Sherlock's face that the blood trail is nicely done to convince a doctor that the skull is fractured. You can see that blood comes out of the left ear and the nose. It runs vertical when Sherlock is positioned on his right side.

This second application must be done when Sherlock is already on the pavement. It can not be done by just pouring everything from above. Hypothesis: Sherlock did it himself in the few seconds before people approached him. How? Sherlock must have kept the blood in a small container. Something handy and someting which would allow him to be very precice with the amount of blood. And if it is real blood (his own?) it mustn't coagulate. Therfore it must be stired and moved to prevent coagulation.
Conveniently we see Sherlock moving someting excessively. What if it is not a rubber ball but a manual rubber pipetting aid. He is in the laboratory where there are all kind of devices. We can find this kind of balls in chemical laboratories. And they look like rubber balls. You use it to apply liquid onto slices. We see Sherlock using pipettes througout the series. Sometimes they are small and transparent and sometimes they are big. Depends on the amount of liquid you want to use. We see Molly with another kind of pipette in TRF. In The casebook you can find it when you look at the first picture with Sherlock and John in 221 b next to John on a small table. There it is a small white ball in a glass container.

Might be something, might be just my imgagination. But I think it fits with Sherlock's measuring the coagulation of saliva, the bouncing ball and pipetting.
What do you think?

Last edited by Be (March 22, 2013 10:44 am)

 

March 29, 2013 4:46 pm  #47


Re: Something I'm absolutely sure of - preparations for the fall.

"9. The crowd, half of them paramedics, supply the necessaries to stage the death (blood, stretcher, etc.).  Sherlock's rubber ball is under his right armpit, preventing a readable heartbeat from his right wrist.  Fake doctor ensures the right wrist is the one John checks (btw, fake doctor has a stethoscope on him but dresses like that?  And if he was already clocked in at work, where's his lab jacket?). "

buuuuuut doctors don't wear lab coats necessarily in Britain. Also-especially given that Barts does not have an A&E department he might actually have been, I dunno, a dermatologist. Or a midwife.

Or he could just have been freaking incompetant. What if Sherlock said, "listen Molly, when I fall I especially want you to make sure that guy with the multiple negligence suits against him" is sent out.. Oh and tell him to make sure he shakes my shoulder as much as possible.".

Well it would work  :-)

Last edited by beekeeper (March 29, 2013 4:49 pm)


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sherlock Holmes "The question is, has she been working on something deadlier than a rabbit?"
John Watson : "To be fair, that is quite a wide field"

The Hounds of Baskerville
 

March 29, 2013 7:22 pm  #48


Re: Something I'm absolutely sure of - preparations for the fall.

It would indeed! 


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdq1pcLCUR1rs9hrro1_500.jpg
 

April 7, 2013 12:35 am  #49


Re: Something I'm absolutely sure of - preparations for the fall.

Presumably Moriarty wore a Holmes disguise / mask when he kidnapped the kids midway through the episode.  

Perhaps Holmes got his hands on that mask and placed it on a Molly-provided cadaver, or Moriarty himself.  (Moriarty noted: "We are the same!")

Looks pretty clear that Holmes, in fact, jumped into the truck - which appears to have some kind of padding on the edge of the screen, and the driver of which chooses to drive off with very odd timing - if a guy had just jumped to his death a few feet away....

 

April 7, 2013 5:01 am  #50


Re: Something I'm absolutely sure of - preparations for the fall.

I think it is unlikely that Moriarty kidnapped the children himself, in person. It is far more likely that he entrusted this mission to one of his loyal and trusted minions.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdq1pcLCUR1rs9hrro1_500.jpg
 

April 7, 2013 8:44 am  #51


Re: Something I'm absolutely sure of - preparations for the fall.

With the ball trick, you have to squeeze your upper arm against it, in order for the ball to stop your pulse. Sherlock's arm looks pretty limp to me, when John's taking his pulse. I could just be overlooking this, but still


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's the thing about fanfiction, it's always a self-portrait
People want to believe what is easy, rather than what is right.
"One begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts"
 

April 7, 2013 8:47 am  #52


Re: Something I'm absolutely sure of - preparations for the fall.

I don´t believe the ball is what we alle are missing, according to Moffat, either.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...
 

April 7, 2013 8:50 am  #53


Re: Something I'm absolutely sure of - preparations for the fall.

Mrs.Wenceslas wrote:

I don´t believe the ball is what we alle are missing, according to Moffat, either.

I personally don't think the ball trick was used. It just seems too...obvious?


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's the thing about fanfiction, it's always a self-portrait
People want to believe what is easy, rather than what is right.
"One begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts"
 

April 7, 2013 9:56 am  #54


Re: Something I'm absolutely sure of - preparations for the fall.

Blue ball as well as Blue Bell - red herrings!http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/grin.png


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."


I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!
http://up.picr.de/25572077rl.jpg



                                                                                                                  
     Thread Starter
 

April 7, 2013 9:42 pm  #55


Re: Something I'm absolutely sure of - preparations for the fall.

sherlockian111 wrote:

Mrs.Wenceslas wrote:

I don´t believe the ball is what we alle are missing, according to Moffat, either.

I personally don't think the ball trick was used. It just seems too...obvious?

So, did you know then something about the ball-under-the-arm-trick before TRF? I for myself can definetely deny that. A red herring only makes sense when the content is well-known. So that everybody (or nearly everybody) stumbles in the trap, or? It makes no sense otherwise, I think. Nobody of my friends had ever heard of that before, maybe that´s funny coincidence, but I doubt that a majority of people are aware of that trick.

Last edited by anjaH_alias (April 7, 2013 10:00 pm)

 

April 7, 2013 9:45 pm  #56


Re: Something I'm absolutely sure of - preparations for the fall.

Mrs.Wenceslas wrote:

I don´t believe the ball is what we alle are missing, according to Moffat, either.

That´s definetely not the "out of character"-thing, much too small for that. But it could be a detail for surviving the jump (like e.g. the truck or something from Molly - if it´s not the ball which came from Molly).

Last edited by anjaH_alias (April 7, 2013 9:48 pm)

 

April 7, 2013 9:47 pm  #57


Re: Something I'm absolutely sure of - preparations for the fall.

sherlockian111 wrote:

With the ball trick, you have to squeeze your upper arm against it, in order for the ball to stop your pulse. Sherlock's arm looks pretty limp to me, when John's taking his pulse. I could just be overlooking this, but still

The fake doctor is pressing Sherlock´s arm to the ground, short before John is taking the pulse. Why should he do it, if not "activating" the ball?

 

April 7, 2013 9:50 pm  #58


Re: Something I'm absolutely sure of - preparations for the fall.

If the fake doctor just  squeezes the arm hard enough he can make the pulse hard to detect anyway.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdq1pcLCUR1rs9hrro1_500.jpg
 

April 7, 2013 9:57 pm  #59


Re: Something I'm absolutely sure of - preparations for the fall.

Davina wrote:

If the fake doctor just squeezes the arm hard enough he can make the pulse hard to detect anyway.

Really? I have never heard about that, but I´m no expert in these medical things . To me Sherlock´s "magic trick" and the fact, that Houdini once described the ball-trick (or even invented it maybe), sounds very much like the language Moffat and Gatiss speak, it could be another double layer, which is so typical for them.

Last edited by anjaH_alias (April 7, 2013 9:59 pm)

 

April 7, 2013 11:01 pm  #60


Re: Something I'm absolutely sure of - preparations for the fall.

Do you mean, did we know that it was possible to stop your pulse with a ball? Yes, I did. I think its a fairly well known thing. I'm not sure how the doctor would squeeze Sherlock's hand. OTOH the alternative involves him falling 70 ft then having the presence of mind to pop a ball under his armpit so...not sure really.

I'll tell you , I hope they have something good in store for us after all this speculation. Truly hope its not all a dream sequence or something...


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sherlock Holmes "The question is, has she been working on something deadlier than a rabbit?"
John Watson : "To be fair, that is quite a wide field"

The Hounds of Baskerville
 

Board footera

 

Powered by Boardhost. Create a Free Forum