BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 17, 2012 9:29 am  #1

Commentary from the DVD

http://www.wupload.com/file/2649617007/THOB_Comm_.mp3

with Russell Tovey, Sue Vertue, Mark Gatiss & Steven Moffat

And a rough transcript

http://arianedevere.livejournal.com/28352.html

Last edited by kazza474 (February 17, 2012 10:07 am)

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

February 26, 2012 10:20 am  #2

Re: Commentary from the DVD

I died laughing through the transcript of this episode!

"DAY TIME. CROSS KEYS INN. John is sitting at one of the outdoor tables and, for reasons that I’m sure we’d all like an explanation for, appears to be wearing Sherlock’s Purple Shirt of Sex ™. Billy brings out a plate containing whatever is the vegetarian equivalent of a full English breakfast and puts it on the table in front of him."

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

October 6, 2012 7:45 pm  #3

I have to say, the commentary on this is hilarious, Mark is on fire!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 3, 2012 3:22 pm  #4

It was a great commentary, but I really wish they would do one for each episode and that Ben and Martin were there. I'm always looking for the interesting little tidbits, like the fact that Martin can't drive. As it would make total sense for Watson to be driving and they debated if Sherlock would even know how to drive, yet the choice was made by the fact that Martin simply couldn't drive.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

November 3, 2012 3:31 pm  #5

It irks me that they say they wanted to do Reichenbach, but then don't really explain why they didn't.
I miss Paul's input, too...think he was away on another project, by the time they did the commentaries.
Likewise with Martin, unfortunately he was away hobbiting, which sadly may happen again next time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 3, 2012 3:38 pm  #6

harleyq wrote:

It was a great commentary, but I really wish they would do one for each episode and that Ben and Martin were there. I'm always looking for the interesting little tidbits, like the fact that Martin can't drive. As it would make total sense for Watson to be driving and they debated if Sherlock would even know how to drive, yet the choice was made by the fact that Martin simply couldn't drive.

Everyone's different. I actually regretted listening to the commentary for Scandal. It took some of the mystery out of it for me, so I didn't listen to any more. I did watch the extra feature at the end of the DVD, which was more general. And I think it's great to have the commentaries for those who enjoy them.

I didn't expect to see Sherlock driving. In fact, at tirst I said to my husband, "Is that an American style car?" because I thought John must be driving. My husband patiently pointed out the obvious to me -- that Sherlock was driving and the steering wheel was on the "Britsh" side. Then, reading the canon recently, I realized that Sherlock not only frequently drives the cabs, wagons, whatever, but he's quite skilled at it.

November 3, 2012 3:41 pm  #7

I used to loathe the SCANDAL commentary as Lara disgustingly flirts with Benedict all the way through and at the time, I thought she was married!
But maybe it's ok now....

November 3, 2012 3:43 pm  #8

Jealous?

November 3, 2012 3:44 pm  #9

Not at all.
I just thought it was highly inappropriate, but like I say, it's possibly highly appropriate now.

November 3, 2012 4:25 pm  #10

But isn't she still with Raza Jaffrey? That aside,  in the canon it is Sherlock Holmes who does any driving, albeit in a dog cart or similar, rather than Doctor Watson.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 3, 2012 8:29 pm  #11

besleybean wrote:

I used to loathe the SCANDAL commentary as Lara disgustingly flirts with Benedict all the way through and at the time, I thought she was married!

I loathe that commentary for the same exact reason. She completely ruined it for me. It's one of the few Benedict did, so it was really annoying to have to sit through that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

November 3, 2012 8:31 pm  #12

Davina wrote:

in the canon it is Sherlock Holmes who does any driving, albeit in a dog cart or similar, rather than Doctor Watson.

I didn't know that. Thanks for the enlightenment. 

November 6, 2012 7:32 pm  #13

veecee wrote:

Jealous?

*snerk*  My thought exactly. *I* certainly was jealous, so.... I understand why anyone would be.

November 23, 2012 8:44 pm  #14

I've honestly not got round to listening to any of them yet...keep getting too distracted with other things...heard a lot of bits off them though. Really wish they'd done Reichenbach too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

November 23, 2012 8:47 pm  #15

Oh they are essential viewing/listening...
As I said elsewhere, I wish they wouldn't keep saying: shame we couldn't do Reichenbach.  Yet they never say why!

November 23, 2012 9:54 pm  #16

Perhaps they will add Reichenbach on the next lot of DVDs once everything becomes clear.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 23, 2012 10:02 pm  #17

I'm just working on the theory that there'll be a commentary for Serie 3 ep 1, which should cover most of the relevant features of Reichenbach.

November 24, 2012 3:55 am  #18

besleybean wrote:

Oh they are essential viewing/listening...
As I said elsewhere, I wish they wouldn't keep saying: shame we couldn't do Reichenbach.  Yet they never say why!

Agree, they are definitely essential viewing/listening. I mean, you get to hear Benedict talk about the episode, while you watch the episode. What could be better? Oh, the ones without him are really good too. 

And, I couldn't agree more about Reichenbach! They always sound so bummed that they couldn't do one for it, but never say why! I figured it was some kind of timing issue between its release and other commitments that may have had, but its the greatest disappointment, as that episode screams for a commentary. And, even if they do a commentary for the first one of series 3, it's still not going to be enough for me. 

Last edited by harleyq (November 24, 2012 3:57 am)

November 24, 2012 8:34 am  #19

Aw, give 'em a chance!
But I will say.  At some point, they must drag Paul in to be a commentator too.

November 24, 2012 10:28 am  #20

besleybean wrote:

Yet they never say why!

Yes they did, it's because they didn't have enough time between finalising the edit and having to go to print on the DVD.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

Board footera