BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 8, 2012 7:57 pm  #21

Re: Playing - key code - Partita No 1

So wouldn't Sherlock have noticed that it was a Bach piece, as he played Bach frequently?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

December 9, 2012 5:55 am  #22

horserider99 wrote:

So wouldn't Sherlock have noticed that it was a Bach piece, as he played Bach frequently?

Yeah... I would think so.  ;p  Although it's also part of the big 'game' Moriarty is 'playing' with Sherlock, unfortunately successfully throwing him right off of one of the little riddles he left him (and even warned about... 'I hate riddles'... 'You should learn to like them' ) by Sherlock thinking it _was_ a clue to the key after the assassin mentioned it's existence again, and music was no longer on the radar?  All things to just throw him off the big game.

Being a fan for a good while and just picking up maybe over half the stuff I then see talked about online.... Kind of 'sheesh' at the sheer amount of little detail and bits fans either pick up on or _think_ they pick up on (and are we making it too complicated?), and simultaneously shaking my head with wry amusement because it's So like Moftiss to have indeed put all that clever detail in there (in which case, ...sheesh, impressive), even if much of it simply adds to the bigger theme for fun, and not actually answers to any questions (and what questions, one might ask?).  Talk about intelligent-oriented fun mind-drama!

Oi... seriously, the amount of thought that goes into everything, that everyone may or may not pick up on (such as even knowing what songs they were playing!) and having fun baiting us with so many clues of unknown importance.   I don't know... trying to find a relevant question all those little baited clues would lead to (such as "how do I bring this guy down"), all those little comments about music/Bach/Moriarty's plans had to come up for a reason... I can't help but think he was very typically taunting clues right in his face, figuring he wouldn't get it (like he did with IT Jim).  Tapping out Bach... bringing up the story about Bach... their 'unfinished melody' he was going to finish...  promising Sherlock a 'fall'... Sherlock reading the little blurb about Richard Brook.... if he had added them together before the rooftop, he might have realized Moriarty was teasingly alluding even then to the Reichenbach Fall case that made him famous, that Moriarty created his alias from, and maybe tried to do something about it earlier.  Or I'm just over-thinking it too, and by that time, it was too late anyway?

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

December 9, 2012 10:35 am  #23

horserider99 wrote:

Well... Oh course Sherlock is sort of supernatural but imaigine yourself sitting next to somebody tapping your favorite song, would you notice it?
I wouldn't... But again.... I'm not Sherlock Holmes...

March 19, 2013 1:29 am  #24

You know, Moriarty never specifies WHICH Bach Partita No. 1... for Keyboard or Solo Violin?

March 20, 2013 11:06 am  #25

Bot alarm!

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 20, 2013 6:15 pm  #26

Yes! Watching and waiting, although at the moment it is like reading something written by someone under the influence of some narcotic! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera